Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 07:04:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

'Crash Will Happen Any Day Now'

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Crash Will Happen Any Day Now'  (Read 2080 times)
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »

thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Michael Welch

My Mood: Accepted

Fourth year Anniversary 2500 Posts Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 11:29:49 am »

If the Repubs take the senate let's see if the market falls?...
Report Spam   Logged
Bravo-two

Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 11:59:29 pm »

In less than 6 years of the Obama administration, the Dow is up 221% and that gives the long term investor a mighty fine cushion in the event of a 10/20% correction.

USA is experiencing an energy boom that should be really good for the economy.

It will be interesting to see the effect a Republican Congress has on the economy. The voters have spoken.   Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 12:22:15 pm »

Well after the last Bush left office things certainly have improved. I'm not on the next Bush bandwagon. The previous Bush administrations left a legacy of failure. The numbers don't lie. I don't believe that because Jeb has a better personality and appears to be smart that he can be trusted anymore than the others.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

Bravo-two

Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 11:11:35 pm »

Actually, Papa Bush saw the Dow Jones gain about 45% during his 4 years as President. Not bad really.

W bush saw a steady decline in the Dow during his administration and after 8 years the Dow ended with a 26% loss and the country in recession.

Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 03:57:31 pm »

The appearance of a nice successful presidential leadership by GHWB actually bore negative facts regarding our nation's economy. However, I'm sure that his rich buddies did fairly well. Much like what we are witnessing still yet today.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/biography/bush-george/

Bush lost the 1992 election to Governor Bill Clinton of Arkansas. Though many factors caused Bush's loss, the sluggish economy was the most important. After abandoning his famous 1988 campaign pledge, "Read my lips, no new taxes," Bush presided over a long period of recession and economic unrest. His unwillingness to extend unemployment benefits for fear of increasing the budget deficit led to his being portrayed as uncaring and unsympathetic to those hurting the most. Increasing numbers of Americans began to see Bush as "out of touch," a charge that his patrician upbringing and manner did not help mitigate
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
NamVetMike69
Stimulating discussion with opposing views.

My Mood: Frisky

Second year Anniversary 2500 Posts Spammer 50 Posts in one day One year Anniversary Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 05:04:31 am »

You guys are living in the past man.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Bringing smiles your way every day.
steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 07:51:16 am »

Talk about out of touch... He didn't know what a check out scanner was.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »

You guys are living in the past man.  Roll Eyes
Referred to as 'history' .... some fairly recent  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Bravo-two

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 07:34:08 pm »

President Reagan, 8 Years ....................... Dow +135%

President Bush Senior, 4 years...................Dow +45%

President Clinton, 8 years..........................Dow +226%

President W Bush, 8 years.........................Dow -26%

President Obama, 6 years and counting.......Dow +220%

Start young:

Live below your means.

Get out of Debt ASAP.

Dollar cost average on a regular basis in a low cost S&P 500 Index Fund.

It takes years to accomplish but *compounding* will make you wealthy.    shocked

Advice from John Bogle; Vanguard Investments.

Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 05:14:00 pm »

Oil prices plummet as OPEC decides against output cut

VIENNA — Crude prices plunged Thursday after the powerful Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries said it wouldn't cut production levels to stem the collapse in oil prices that have fallen 40% since June.

Saudi Arabia's oil minister Ali Al-Naimi delivered the news as he left a nearly five-hour meeting of the cartel's 12 oil ministers here.

Benchmark crude oil prices plummeted in London following the meeting, with Brent crude sinking 6.2% to $69.11 a barrel. In June, prices were as high as $115 a barrel. Oil prices are at their lowest levels since September 2010, in part due to oversupply, lower demand and a boom in North American production.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2014/11/27/opec-vienna-meeting/19570473/
Report Spam   Logged
NamVetMike69
Stimulating discussion with opposing views.

My Mood: Frisky

Second year Anniversary 2500 Posts Spammer 50 Posts in one day One year Anniversary Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 05:21:08 am »

USA is experiencing an energy boom that should be really good for the economy.
Fracking Right Bro
Report Spam   Logged

Bringing smiles your way every day.
A159
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 01:42:50 pm »

Oil prices plummet as OPEC decides against output cut

VIENNA — Crude prices plunged Thursday after the powerful Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries said it wouldn't cut production levels to stem the collapse in oil prices that have fallen 40% since June.

Saudi Arabia's oil minister Ali Al-Naimi delivered the news as he left a nearly five-hour meeting of the cartel's 12 oil ministers here.

Benchmark crude oil prices plummeted in London following the meeting, with Brent crude sinking 6.2% to $69.11 a barrel. In June, prices were as high as $115 a barrel. Oil prices are at their lowest levels since September 2010, in part due to oversupply, lower demand and a boom in North American production.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2014/11/27/opec-vienna-meeting/19570473/
Could you imagine if this nation's average price at the gas pump could drop below $2.50 a gal and remain like that for 5-10yrs ..... how that would increase spending confidence with regular citizens and should bring prices down on food and many other products due to costs of transporting such goods? Our economic crises began with greedy energy barons and it will take those very same greedy bastards to ease up on their excessive greediness. I truly don't expect that to happen.

Report Spam   Logged

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 09:01:04 pm »

If you can remember the time before OPEC, you know gas was well under $2.50 for many years. OPEC is really illegal collusion for price-fixing, but nobody complained because OPEC had us all by the tender parts.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 08:58:37 am »

Actually, I don't know that you could even call it "... illegal collusion".  While it would be, if American oil companies got together and did the same things, OPEC isn't bound by our anti-trust laws, and I don't know of any kind of international laws against it.  In that respect, it would be entirely legal, for the oil-producing nations to coordinate their prices and production quotas.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: