Dezarae's Politics & More
April 18, 2024, 07:12:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

'Crash Will Happen Any Day Now'

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Crash Will Happen Any Day Now'  (Read 2085 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »

I know that we've had some "cry wolf" moments with our crazy stock market theses past few yrs, but more and more are calling for a mega crash dead ahead. I am not rushing out to withdraw my savings in the bank, just yet, but I will think about drawing half out very soon to at least how a little cash to use just in case the vault door closes for good.

Seems like Oct is generally noted for its market crashes ..... therefore the feeling of something bad is back with me again.

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/Market-Collapse-Finance-Stocks/2013/03/01/id/492699/

Sunday, 12 Oct 2014 04:54 PM

By Christian Hill

There is overwhelming evidence that the next stock market crash could strike any day now, and a growing number of investors are turning to a noted economist to prepare for the “unthinkable.”

The message is clear: Despite the Dow hitting pre-crash highs, companies reporting positive earnings, and the financial media saying we are looking at the “beginning of a new bull market,” the stock market is on the verge of another historic collapse.

The evidence is in a group of charts released by some of the biggest names on Wall Street. Individually, these charts may not mean much. But taken collectively, they are simply too much for any investor to ignore.

Robert Wiedemer, who along with a team of economists correctly predicted the collapse of the U.S. housing market, equity markets, and consumer spending that almost sank the United States during the “Great Recession,” recently recorded a controversial interview in which he predicts that the coming market crash will result in a 90% stock market drop, 50% unemployment, and 100% annual inflation starting this year.

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Michael Welch

My Mood: Accepted

Fourth year Anniversary 2500 Posts Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:32:13 pm »

"Don' they know/it's the end of the world --" But it happens so often!...
Report Spam   Logged
Zachary18

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 1000 Posts Karma Bad
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:45:26 am »

The real problem with our current economy is that the whole focus of policy is on the investor class. 
Report Spam   Logged
cheikhndao
Global Moderator

My Mood: Loving Life

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 500 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 07:02:46 am »

The sky is not going to fall, but if you have a few dollars that you can spare, be prepared to buy an index stock when the bottom falls out.  Your money will increase many fold within a short time.
Report Spam   Logged

QUESTION AUTHORITY!
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:31:20 pm »

So before long I need to take my money out of the bank? Can I just put it in the safe deposit box and it would be okay?
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
Michael Welch

Fourth year Anniversary 2500 Posts Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:38:45 pm »

"Any day now I shall be released --".

Stay tuned!...
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 01:39:24 pm »

The big problem, with a depression or recession, is not whether or not you have money, but whether the money is good for anything.  Hyperinflation can make your money almost worthless.  I remember seeing pictures of Germany, during the 30's when people were taking wheelbarrows full of deutschmarks, when they went to the grocery store, because the currency was nearly worthless.

The only real hedge against such hyperinflation would be to buy, and take physical possession of, some kind of precious metals or gems.  If you only own them on paper, you may find the paper to be as worthless as currency.

Personally, I'm not going to take any such measures.  I'm going to try to ride out whatever may come.  At my age, if I can't make it, well ............
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Michael Welch

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 01:55:45 pm »

Right now Wall Street is having conniptions over Europe's apparent yet third descent into recession since 2008 and remember too this is October! huh -- the Halloween scare month since uh 1929 for "the market." "Black Tuesday," "Black Friday," "The Day of the Undead" on "the exchange," with troubles with Russia, troubles with the mideast, troubles in Hong Kong -- woe is me! Woe is me!!!!

And then the American election! Which way, where hither thither and yon!? (Or is it "yawn"?) The markets worry worry worry all through scary ol' October ever since the uh "floor" fell away so many decades ago and it took years to hit the basement eh. Goblins at your door! Remember I told you so!...
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 02:55:20 pm »

The big problem, with a depression or recession, is not whether or not you have money, but whether the money is good for anything.  Hyperinflation can make your money almost worthless.  I remember seeing pictures of Germany, during the 30's when people were taking wheelbarrows full of deutschmarks, when they went to the grocery store, because the currency was nearly worthless.

The only real hedge against such hyperinflation would be to buy, and take physical possession of, some kind of precious metals or gems.  If you only own them on paper, you may find the paper to be as worthless as currency.

True that ...

and precious metals will be the only saving grace .... for when it ALL goes to Hell .... hopefully later than sooner. I'm not expecting a currency Hell just yet ..... and by the looks of things today, our next Hell on Earth will be the Ebola Hell. That more than likely will cause serious problems with our financial sector ...... causing ppl to shut themselves in in order to avoid contracting Ebola as it may spread further in the US, imho, creating our nation's cash flow blues. Along with what MW just posted, a strangulating Euroland, and what I feel will also kick in, China's-Japan's growing woes and who knows what the uncertain Asian market will end up doing. The ME and Africa won't get any better either. Our global ties to it all will bite us hard! All of this should cause another strong tremor in our market ..... depending on what Winter hands us next as well. I can only hope that it won't happen as bad as it feels right now, but like several yrs before ... I await next Spring's leap of faith to boost us forward .... again ....... hoping it will.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-14/asian-futures-rise-amid-u-s-rally-oil-climbs-after-rout.html

By Abigail Moses and Oliver Renick 2014-10-15T18:07:35Z

The S&P 500 slid 2.6 percent for the biggest loss since June 2013 at 2:05 p.m. in New York. The Stoxx Europe 600 Index plunged 3.2 percent, leaving it down more than 10 percent from a June high. The rate on 10-year Treasuries fell 16 basis points to 2.04 percent, after dropping below 2 percent for the first time since June 2013. Volatility rose, with the VIX climbing to the highest since 2011. The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index lost 0.4 percent and gold advanced 0.6 percent.

Retail sales in the U.S. dropped 0.3 percent in September, more than economists forecast, after China reported weaker-than-estimated consumer inflation. Federal funds futures showed declining odds for an interest-rate increase by September 2015. Greek bonds dropped amid concern the government’s plan to end its bailout early will leave the nation unable to raise funding sustainably.

The concern here is that the weakness in Europe and Asia is going to be exported to the U.S. and our economy is going to be negatively impacted,” Bruce Bittles, chief investment strategist at Milwaukee-based RW Baird & Co., which oversees $110 billion, said in a phone interview. “Bond yields going down like they are suggests that the economy isn’t as strong as perhaps everyone thought.”
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Michael Welch

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »

It's all Obama's fault!...
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 03:52:38 pm »

Nah ..... still hanging this global wreck on BushCo & Pals.
Report Spam   Logged

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 05:56:48 pm »

A number of Wall Street hot shots, or maybe I should say cold-shots, make a comfy living by predicting that the next big crash is right around the corner. No less confident are the boom-sayers, who have predicted 3 of the last 14 Next Big Things.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 12:25:59 pm »

That they do, PP. They make ton$ off false speculations and even when stock hits brick walls ..... or even a market crash, the insiders continues to rake it in.

In the meantime, our (US) market along with the Euro dive-dive-dive drives fear crazy during this Oct spook event.

http://af.reuters.com/article/idAFL3N0SB00Q20141016

GLOBAL MARKETS-Japan shares lead Asia lower, dollar index slumps
Thu Oct 16, 2014

* European shares seen casting off some gloom at open

* China lending data beats expectations, underpins Shanghai stocks

* Downbeat U.S. data lifts U.S. Treasuries, saps dollar's strength

* Nikkei sheds more than 2 pct, touches 4-1/2-month low

* Crude oil skids despite support from weaker dollar

By Lisa Twaronite

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/10/15/stocks-tumble-on-global-growth-worries/

Steep Sell-Off Spreads Fear to Wall Street
By Peter Eavis and Landon Thomas Jr.
October 15, 2014

Waves of nervous selling buffeted the stock market in the United States on Wednesday, after a steep sell-off in Europe. At one point, the Dow Jones industrial average had plunged 460 points, or 2.8 percent, though it later swung higher to close down 1.1 percent, or 173.45 points. The Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index fell 0.8 percent, or 15.21 points. Since their peak a month ago, American stocks have lost over $2 trillion in value, losses that may ripple through the wider economy.

“It was a roller coaster, and I think you will have these wild price movements for a few more weeks,” said Peter P. Costa, a top executive at Empire Executions, a trading firm on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.

Dizzied by the turmoil, Wall Street experts agreed on one thing: The jarring day showed that fear had finally returned to markets that had become disconcertingly complacent.
The steep plunges on Wednesday also signaled something more serious to other analysts and investors. They fear that governments and central banks have failed to anticipate a recent weakening in the global economy — and that policy makers may now struggle to prevent their economies from stalling. As a result, the faltering global recovery after the 2008 financial crisis may now be in jeopardy, particularly in Europe.
Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 10:22:12 am »

And October is nearly over...
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 12:57:42 pm »

YEP.... guess the next coming crash will need to wait until Oct '15  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: