Dezarae's Politics & More
April 20, 2024, 12:17:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Your Local Weather

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Local Weather  (Read 688 times)
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:28:24 am »

April has been a crazy month...we have went from super warm days to cold and rainy here lately...coat weather..I have even had to turn the heat on past 3 days...not looking forward to temps in 100's though either...but can't wait for flowers and all that stuff....lots of birds singing and good smells of fresh cut grass,birds singing, etc.
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Passing thru

My Mood: Happy

2500 Posts Level 5 Second year Anniversary Avatar One year Anniversary Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:09:00 am »

The one good day we had I went and laid in and petted the grass. Earth day ya know.
Report Spam   Logged

The biggest threat to a black man is another black man. PT
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 03:49:36 am »

The weather has been chilly most of April..it's been pretty cold all week..
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
NamVetMike69
Stimulating discussion with opposing views.

My Mood: Frisky

Second year Anniversary 2500 Posts Spammer 50 Posts in one day One year Anniversary Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 06:35:00 am »

Prepare for the global warm up  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Bringing smiles your way every day.
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 08:47:19 pm »

Weather here is shaping up...this might be another hot one...
Report Spam   Logged

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 11:38:02 pm »

92 here Thursday, and cloudy.
Report Spam   Logged
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 12:40:54 am »

We have had rain showers off and on for about 2 weeks now,.....enough already...
Report Spam   Logged

Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 11:30:07 am »

Natures air conditioned city has had no 90 degree days this year of global warming.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 03:16:46 pm »

Nature's air conditioned city? Where's that, Anchorage?
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 01:11:24 pm »

Nope, Bluefield, WV.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 05:55:03 pm »

Okay, I'm sure you've had this explained, before, and just choose to ignore anything that doesn't agree with anything you'd like to believe ..... and, anything that doesn't forward your political programming ..... but, here goes ...........

During the earlier stages of global warming, the initial effects are mostly felt in the colder climate areas - the arctic and antarctic regions.  A matter of only a couple degrees of average temperature rise causes the natural melting of the ice packs to accelerate, adding the cold water to the ocean currents, which influence the climates of the temperate and tropical regions.  As the melting ice is carried south, by such as the Pacific coastal currents,  it cools the surface water temperatures.  The prevailing west winds are cooled as they blow across this cooler water, and carry the cooler air across the land masses that we live on, causing some lower temperatures, inland. 

For a while ............

Eventually, the ice packs at the polar regions will thus become depleted.  There won't be so much cooling effect on the ocean currents.  By extension, the cooling effect this has on inland temperatures will also lessen, and temperatures will begin to steadily rise, all across the temperate and tropical zones.  This is already beginning to happen.  According to the National Weather Service (NWS), and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), 2015 has had the highest average temperatures on record, worldwide.  You may not notice this trend, because it's only a matter of tenths of a degree.  However, as these tenths add up, the melting of the polar ice caps will accelerate, causing the average temperature increases to accelerate, as well.  Over an extended period of time (think decades, here) these temperature increases will cause major climatic changes.  Maybe this year won't be noticeably warmer than last, to an individual.  But, the cumulative affect may well cause significant changes in the climate that our children and grandchildren experience.

No, we may well not experience noticeable temperature increases, ourselves.  If you're a totally self-centered person, I guess this means there's nothing to worry about.  Most of us, however, care about what kind of a world we're going to be leaving for our children and grandchildren.  And pretty much all credible climatologists agree that there may well be appreciable and even dangerous changes in our climate, as soon as during the next generation.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 12:01:44 am »

Bluefield's high for 9/4/15 is forecast to be 83 degrees. Most folks wouldn't call that air-conditioned.
Report Spam   Logged
Whoozit

My Mood: Accepted

Level 2 Search 10 Posts Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 07:52:51 am »

I remember a headline from the Bluefield Daily Telegraph several years ago. "Bluefield suffers through 3rd day of heat wave. High today 80 degrees again!"

Now 80 degrees seems commonplace.
Report Spam   Logged
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 01:14:00 am »

We use to be the Air Conditioned city...but that was years ago, no longer is true.....it gets hot a hello now...high humidity and all...

Bluefield's high for 9/4/15 is forecast to be 83 degrees. Most folks wouldn't call that air-conditioned.
Report Spam   Logged

WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 01:18:17 am »

We had a hot and humid summer.this year..down right miserable some days..heck even in the spring we had nice warm weather..right now it has cooled down and we are having a lot of rain...sick of rain..I have a little doggie I have to take out to potty...she hates rain..even sprinkles..and doesn't like her feet to get wet ..I have to laugh when she steps on the wet grass...sometimes she gets right back on the deck..and then I have to make her go back out in the yard..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: