Dezarae's Politics & More
April 16, 2024, 10:55:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

TV USA almost done w/BIGOTRY as 'The Don' just proved it.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: TV USA almost done w/BIGOTRY as 'The Don' just proved it.  (Read 882 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: June 29, 2015, 04:02:45 pm »

Yes Yes ..... looks like NBC just took 'The Don' by his balz and squeezed them ....... after he bashed Mexicans. NBC fired him!

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/246453-nbc-cuts-ties-with-trump
June 29, 2015, 02:16 pm
NBC cuts ties with Trump

By Jesse Byrnes

NBC is cutting its ties with Donald Trump over the 2016 Republican presidential candidate's recent remarks about immigrants.

"Due to the recent derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump," the network said in a statement Monday.

NBC also said it would no longer air the "Miss USA" and "Miss Universe" pageants on its network, which are produced with Trump.
NBC had faced pressure to formally cut ties with Trump amid the controversy over comments he made at his presidential launch event earlier this month.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:02:37 pm »

& Happy trails to you, amigo.  & to that pinche thing on your head, too.
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 08:08:10 pm »

Even without the anti-Mexican thing, they would have had to knock his off the air until he drops out of the election. Remember how all the stations stopped showing Ronald Reagan movies until he was elected?
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 11:21:07 pm »

That was because of the equal time regulations, of that period.  If I'm not mistaken, those regulations don't apply, any more.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:26:34 am »

You are correct, countryguy. I was mistaken. From Wikipedia:

The Fairness Doctrine was a policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, that required the holders of broadcast licenses to both present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was, in the Commission's view, honest, equitable and balanced. The FCC eliminated the Doctrine in 1987, and in August 2011 the FCC formally removed the language that implemented the Doctrine.[1]
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 12:59:31 pm »

Just imagine ...... FAUXsnooze being restrained by that "fairness doctrine".

It'd be a different-looking channel, for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:29 pm »

I was glad that NBC is going to refuse him now. He is just a dirty pig anyway that thinks he is a god. His opinions always sucks.
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 10:51:42 pm »

Well, not always. A headline says he complimented Obama today.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 12:29:45 am »

Ha-ha Plato Potato.. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 12:33:02 am »

& Happy trails to you, amigo.  & to that pinche thing on your head, too.
Too funny hoosier88 lol
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 08:52:13 am »

Now I learned something today. Thanks PP and cg.  Smiley

The Don is an egotistical azzhole pig snake, Gal. He has made some correct statements, but his true meaning behind his words can't be trusted. That's how it is with a snake oil peddler stuck on himself. He hustles money. Women also who seeks his easy money. Can we imagine a cas*no built inside the wht house of he were president?
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 10:44:19 am »

I was glad that NBC is going to refuse him now. He is just a dirty pig anyway that thinks he is a god. His opinions always sucks.

Yah, it's a no-brainer.  If you're in the business of selling advertising time - TV, cable, networks, press (dying, yes, but still in there pitching) - then you don't have much choice.  Trump has a personal fortune, true enough, & some clout as a real estate developer & media person. 

But how many consumer goods do he & his organizations buy?  The Hispanic segment of the US markets (Mexican-Americans, Mexicans, Cuban-Americans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans & smaller segments, plus families & sympathizers) is upwardly mobile, has larger families.  Which means buying lots of baby goods, clothes, groceries, gas, vehicles, & all that goes with it. 

So yah, Univision won't carry the Miss Universe pageant, Mexico won't participate in the competition, Carlos Slim (Mexico's wealthiest man?) is backing away, Macy's, NBC - the whole house of cards is tumbling.  Trump may have to quit campaigning for president & dedicate himself to damage control - the easiest solution would be to pack him off to somewhere out of the public eye for the next four or five months, & hope that the collective memory will fade - or that some new outrage will occupy center stage for a while.

He doesn't seem to have much to say anyway.  & I find his tone appalling.  Maybe a good long vacation would do him good.  It certainly would me ... 
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 02:47:51 pm »

The PGA has put a squeeze on The Don today letting him know that he'll need to walk back his bigot ways (my wording) or he will be ousted out of the rich guy's game (his golf courses included). The pressure cooker is increasing on The Don.
Report Spam   Logged

Michael Welch

My Mood: Accepted

Fourth year Anniversary 2500 Posts Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 02:24:54 pm »

Trump doesn't "need" the money obviously and the "negative" publicity actually builds his image and support from his "followers" who despise "the liberal media" and contend that The Donald says what "most folks" would say but don't want to be attacked as "bigoted" eh.

Trump's rise in the Repub polls marks him as a nascent "front runner," no doubt one of many as per 2012. "We've only just begun!" as the Carpenters so poignantly put it!...
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 02:22:27 pm »

plop lop fizz fizz oh what a b*tch it is being a bigot in modern times! More business/sponser related Am icons break away from The Don. The GOP candidates also scatter like scalded rats from The Don's bigoted remarks in fear of shooting down the GOP's presidential hopes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/10/dining/donald-trump-dc-hotel-project-loses-geoffrey-zakarian.html?_r=0

Geoffrey Zakarian Drops Out of Donald Trump’s New Hotel

By FLORENCE FABRICANTJULY 9, 2015

Another high-profile chef has dropped out of Donald Trump’s forthcoming luxury hotel in the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in Washington, D.C., after Mr. Trump’s provocative statements about Mexican immigrants.

Geoffrey Zakarian, the chef and a partner at the Lambs Club and other Manhattan restaurants, was to open a branch of the National, his brasserie-style restaurant in Midtown, in the new hotel. But on Thursday, he said in a written statement that “the recent statements surrounding Mexican immigrants by Donald Trump do not in any way align with my personal core values.”

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: