Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 09:12:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Speaker Ryan CALLS for 2 Hearings > Comey and Lynch

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaker Ryan CALLS for 2 Hearings > Comey and Lynch  (Read 597 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: July 06, 2016, 01:42:31 pm »

Ok  ..... I think that these are to begin this week and next week. This indicates to me how bad this may turn out after these 2 high profiles hearings take place. Again, even as Ryan also called for the State Dept to act against HRC's ServerGate, I'm 99% sure SoS Kerry won't do something like that. BUT, the news media will go ape sh*t wild over the 2 hearings. Now, fasten your seat belts boys and girls.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/286657-gop-vs-fbi-in-clinton-fallout
 By Julian Hattem - 07/06/16 12:01 PM EDT

Outraged House Republicans have called two hearings with senior Obama administration officials to review the FBI’s handling of the investigation into Hillary ClintonHillary Rodham ClintonHickenlooper spoke 'briefly' with Clinton about VP Jared Kushner: 'My father-in-law is not an anti-Semite' Trump announces M fundraising haul for June MORE’s private email server.

FBI Director James Comey will appear before the House Oversight Committee on Thursday, just two days after he declined to recommend that federal prosecutors bring charges against the former secretary of State.

The following Tuesday, Attorney General Loretta Lynch will answer questions before the House Judiciary Committee in a session likely to focus heavily on the Clinton matter.

The hearings, combined with escalating demands across Capitol Hill for more information from Comey about the Clinton investigation, amount to a full-on offensive against the FBI by congressional Republicans.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 01:54:13 pm »

Creating suspicion where none is deserved. That's what the Republicans do. That's what the Benghazi hearings were all about, right from the start.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 02:11:01 pm »

This has gotten waaaaay beyond ridiculous.  It's pure political posturing.  Never before, to my knowledge, has a political party so blatantly used the Congress of the United States as a political campaign arm, during a presidential election.

If anybody should be investigated and tried, it's the Republican caucus in the House of Representatives.  I'm not sure just what charges it would involve, but to my mind, it borders on subversion and treason.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 03:48:45 pm »

Even after the smoke had cleared from Comey's hearing I think Gowdy has been making noise that because of what Comet testified to, that HRC can very well end up in jail. That she lied under oath. I'm convinced that he's beggin' for a beatin'.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »

Where did Comey say Hillary "can very well end up in jail?" He said no responsible prosecutor would bring an indictment on this evidence.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 09:33:37 am »

I tried to find Gowdy's exact quote 20 mins ago but due to my scheduling this morning, I am unable to have the time to find Gowdy himself speaking in these terms. All that was available in my quick search was this Trump-esk slant about it. Now, there's no way I think HRC will end up in jail. The Right thinks so. Not gonna happen.

http://www.usapoliticstoday.com/hillary-may-end-jail-thanks-trey-gowdy/
Hillary May End Up In Jail After All – All Thanks To Trey Gowdy
By Mellisa Ferrari -
July 8, 2016

Report Spam   Logged

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 10:17:36 am »

There's a part of me that almost hopes the Republicans succeed in their efforts to disqualify Hillary Clinton.

Because, at this time, the most likely replacement, for her ......... would be Joe Biden.  Joe would absolutely massacre Trump, in an election.  The Republicans have spent the entire campaign, running a smear campaign against Ms. Clinton.  They haven't spent any appreciable time bringing out a policy agenda.  Trump has no policy agenda, other than hate Hispanics, denigrate women, hate Muslims, put down homosexuals .......... you get the idea.  Trump doesn't know anything, about issues.

Joe Biden, on the other hand, is as knowledgable as anyone, on the full range of issues.  He's extremely likable, and has none of the negatives that Hillary has.  The "Republican base" hasn't mobilized against him.

Joe Biden, at this point, would be Trump's worst nightmare.  And, personally, I very much like him.  I'd be very happy to vote for him, this fall.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 12:39:29 pm »

I'm even confident that Gov O'Malley could defeat Trumper, cg. I'm also good with Biden. At this point, I feel that somebody will try to prosecute HRC. She will not go to jail but it sure adds to her baggage by the time Nov rolls around.
Report Spam   Logged

countryguy

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 09:31:14 pm »

If Hillary continues to run - and wins - this still won't be over.  Don't put it past a Republican House, with clowns like Pompeo, Jordan, Issa, and Gowdy, among others, to try an immediate impeachment ploy.  Remember, she wouldn't have the protection of the Justice Dept., the FBI, or the courts, if and when that circus starts.  A president is impeached (charged) by the House of Representatives, and tried by the Senate.  If Republicans were to somehow hold on to control of both houses, they just may think they found a way to circumvent the courts, and remove her that way.  They obviously think they could prove that she's guilty of "high crimes and misdemeanors", such as their "perjury" angle, that they're presently trying.

Which means that her choice of a running mate may be of the utmost importance.  It's hard to imagine anyone the Republicans could hate more than Ms. Clinton, but it would be nice if the Republicans would have to think twice, before trying to remove a President Clinton, thereby promoting whomever she chooses as a running mate, to the office.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 08:44:43 am »

I agree about the VP choices. Trumper's VP choice especially. My reason is explained below.

Wouldn't the Repubs see a better chance to stop or damage HRC's chances to be elected or sworn in between now and Jan 2017 by prosecuting her for pergury and possibly obstruction of justice rather than trying to impeach her once president? There's a better chance to impeach a prez Trump because both sides don't like him as opposed to just one side hating HRC. Trumper's VP choice is more important! That could be the next prez if Trumper is elected somehow. An impeachment process would make things more difficult for a prez HRC, but unsuccessful to remove her. IMHO 

Now HRC's VP pick might play a strong role in the 2020 election. The 4 yrs the Repubs riddle her with political bullets could destroy her chances for another term. It would almost seem better if she now chooses a moderate VP ...... to possibly attract Repub voters in 2020. Would Gov Kaine fit that bill the best?

Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 12:34:11 pm »

Today was AG Lynch's turn to be grilled. I would almost bet that there won't be any responses different from what she's already stated.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/12/loretta-lynch-bill-clinton-meeting-hillary-clinton-emails/86951794/
Attorney general faces questions on Bill Clinton meeting, email probe
Donovan Slack, USA TODAY 12:14 p.m. EDT July 12, 2016

Committee Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., called the decision "troubling" and suggested the Justice Department is holding Clinton to a lower standard than other government employees.

He and other Republicans on the committee grilled Lynch on the decision but she repeatedly declined to discuss the legal basis for the decision not to prosecute Clinton and referred to statements on the topic by FBI Director James Comey.

GOP lawmakers also asked about her impromptu meeting with former president Bill Clinton while the investigation was underway.

Goodlatte said the ensuing recommendation not to prosecute is “uniquely troubling in light of" the “secret meeting.”

“Were a rank-and-file federal employee to do what Secretary Clinton did, they would face severe punishment, including termination, revocation of security clearances, or criminal prosecution," Goodlatte said in opening remarks at the hearing. "Even Director Comey acknowledged this fact at a recent congressional hearing. But Secretary Clinton is not facing prosecution for her actions... Frankly, the FBI’s conclusion leaves many more questions than answers."
Report Spam   Logged

countryguy

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 01:19:31 pm »

There's a distinct pattern to congressional committee hearings, with the Republican congress.  At least, for past congresses, committee hearings had been mostly employed as fact-finding investigations.  For the last ten years, or so, they haven't even come close.

The aforementioned so-called "hearing" is a case in point. 

"Were a rank-and-file federal employee to do what Secretary Clinton did, they would face severe punishment, including termination, revocation of security clearances, or criminal prosecution."  This was in the opening remarks, by the chairman of whichever committee it is.  It's not a statement outlining a purpose, or goal, of a fact-finding committee.

It's a verdict.  Before this committee even started, it had reached its conclusions.
Report Spam   Logged

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 10:44:00 am »

Back to the beginning of email, all Secs of State used private servers. John Kerry was the first of them to use a government account for his email traffic.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 12:53:18 pm »

A lot is being made about Secretary Clinton's use of an "unsecured" e-mail service.  Let's step back, and take an objective look at the whole situation, for a moment.

There are two ways that the Clinton e-mails have become public.  The first, is that they've been released as a result of a Republican congressional "fact-finding hearing" (the so-called "Benghazi Investigation").  In fact, many were made public directly by the "non-partisan, impartial" committee, itself.

The other way that the Clinton e-mails have become public, is through releases by the hacking group, Wikileaks - an organization established by Julian Assange, among others.  At the current time, Assange is enjoying political asylum at the Ecuadorian embassy, in London.

Assange established his hacking credentials in the late 1980's, under the pseudonym, "Mendax".  He and two others formed a hacking group they called the International Subversives.  "During this time he hacked into the Pentagon and other US Department of Defense facilities, MILNET, the US Navy, NASA ...."  (Source, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange)  In other words, Julian Assange made his fame and reputation by hacking into the very "secured" networks that Republicans are saying that Secretary Clinton should have been using.  At that time, prior to the Benghazi hearings, it would seem that Ms. Clinton's private server was unknown to outsiders - apparently making it, effectively, more secure than the "secured" government networks that Assange, among others, was hacking into on a regular basis.  It would appear that, because of her use of this "private, unsecured" server, the contents of those state department e-mails was unknown until the Benghazi hearings brought them out - well after, hopefully, any of the information they contained would still be damaging to our national security.

So ............ just what is it, that Republicans are complaining about?
Report Spam   Logged

Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 08:33:19 am »

Lets get back to reality, TRUMP WON.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: