Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 05:40:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Papadopoulos pleads guilty

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Papadopoulos pleads guilty  (Read 392 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: October 30, 2017, 04:03:19 pm »

Okaaay .....
a former Trump aid found his conscience ..... giving a guilty plea.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/two-ex-trump-aides-charged-in-russia-probe-third-pleads-guilty/ar-AAudhai?ocid=spartanntp

Two ex-Trump aides charged in Russia probe, third pleads guilty

Reuters
By Sarah N. Lynch and Karen Freifeld
41 mins ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal investigators probing Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election charged President Donald Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort and another aide, Rick Gates, with money laundering on Monday.

A third former Trump adviser, George Papadopoulos, pleaded guilty in early October to lying to the FBI, it was announced on Monday.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 04:24:55 pm »

It's bad form to be the last conspirator to give in and tell the prosecutors what you know. After a few more, they'll have enough evidence to no longer need to offer anyone else immunity. At that point, the holdout looks like a chump instead of a stand-up guy. Grin Azn
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 06:53:09 pm »

The guilty plea had a lot less to do with conscience, than it did with plea dealing down to almost no time in prison.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 07:14:41 am »

It's bad form to be the last conspirator to give in and tell the prosecutors what you know. After a few more, they'll have enough evidence to no longer need to offer anyone else immunity. At that point, the holdout looks like a chump instead of a stand-up guy. Grin Azn
I couldn't say it better!
At this point, Trump's mt begins it's rockslide.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
A159
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:19:15 am »

The guilty plea had a lot less to do with conscience, than it did with plea dealing down to almost no time in prison.
That is an absolute. In fact, it's safe to assume that Papadopoulos has been providing damaging evidence to the Feds for a couple of mths. I can't imagine how many of Trump's operators are sweating bullets now. I'm just very surprised that M Flynn wasn't included in these Mueller 1st round of indictments.
Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 09:16:15 am »

Unless it's a knockout, there's always a round two. thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 12:49:57 pm »

Oh, this is ripe. Now Trump can't remember meeting just a yr ago with Papadopoulos. Seriously, for those who deny that Reagan and Trump doesn't have anything in common are missing the mark. I don't recall. I don't recall. I don't recall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-recalls-little-about-meeting-where-aide-mentioned-russia/ar-AAupo9K?ocid=spartanntp
Trump says recalls little about meeting where aide mentioned Russia

Asked about a 2016 meeting that included former adviser George Papadopoulos, Trump told reporters: "I don't remember much about that meeting. It was a very unimportant meeting."

Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 02:47:47 pm »

Shades of Nixon saying "I don't recall" (he actually instructed his underlings to say that) and George HW Bush when he said he was "out of the loop".
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: