Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 11:40:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Census Bureau: Poverty Rate Down, Median Incomes Up

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Census Bureau: Poverty Rate Down, Median Incomes Up  (Read 334 times)
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« on: September 13, 2016, 02:59:19 pm »

The new batch of numbers is in, and it surprised a lot of people, including Donald Trump and all his mob of doomsayers. The Hair says, "the economy is a disaster, and it's getting worse." Sorry, Donald, you're wrong again!

The Census Bureau released new numbers on Tuesday showing that, after a brutal economic recession and years of stagnation, real median household incomes rose from $53,718 in 2014 to $56,516 last year. That's a 5.2 percent rise — the first statistically significant increase since 2007.

The official poverty rate decreased to 13.5 percent for last year, a drop of 1.2 percentage points. That represents 3.5 million people who are no longer in poverty and is the largest annual percentage point drop since 1999, the Census Bureau says. "Poverty dropped for whites, blacks and Hispanics, as well as for children and seniors,"

The number of people with health insurance also rose. More than 90 percent of Americans are covered by health insurance — an increase of 1.3 percentage points since 2014, and growth of 4.3 percentage points since the major provisions of the Affordable Care Act, the Bureau says. 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493751949/census-bureau-poverty-rate-down-median-incomes-up
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 04:58:03 am »

thumbs up  Good job Plato Potato!! Woo Hoo! I think you missed your calling my friend!  Wink

The new batch of numbers is in, and it surprised a lot of people, including Donald Trump and all his mob of doomsayers. The Hair says, "the economy is a disaster, and it's getting worse." Sorry, Donald, you're wrong again!

The Census Bureau released new numbers on Tuesday showing that, after a brutal economic recession and years of stagnation, real median household incomes rose from $53,718 in 2014 to $56,516 last year. That's a 5.2 percent rise — the first statistically significant increase since 2007.

The official poverty rate decreased to 13.5 percent for last year, a drop of 1.2 percentage points. That represents 3.5 million people who are no longer in poverty and is the largest annual percentage point drop since 1999, the Census Bureau says. "Poverty dropped for whites, blacks and Hispanics, as well as for children and seniors,"

The number of people with health insurance also rose. More than 90 percent of Americans are covered by health insurance — an increase of 1.3 percentage points since 2014, and growth of 4.3 percentage points since the major provisions of the Affordable Care Act, the Bureau says. 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493751949/census-bureau-poverty-rate-down-median-incomes-up
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 10:29:05 am »

But, Plato .......... surely, you know that the Clinton crime syndicate controls the Census Bureau.  Why else, would they release such figures (that every conservative knows are inflated and false) so close to the election?  Huh?  Answer me that.

See?  I could be a conservative propagandist, like Tony, if I really wanted.  You just have to let your imagination fly, is all.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 10:52:32 am »

Cast nasturtiums if you will, and you know Tony will, but the same agency releases the same results at this time every year, good or bad.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: