Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 10:13:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Dont you just love that obamacare.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont you just love that obamacare.  (Read 754 times)
Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 10:06:28 am »

Here you go Gal from a liberal newspaper. If you google it you will find many headlines about the obama disaster. Remember no Republicans voted for this mess.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-healthcare-premiums-20161024-snap-story.html
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Light

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 01:05:03 pm »

Did crooked Hillarys mouth say this or did her mouth do it without her knowing it.

“I’m going to fix it, because I agree with you,” Clinton told a questioner at the town hall-style event who complained of rising health costs under ObamaCare. “Premiums have gotten too high.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Light

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 01:10:35 pm »

For some reason that I fail to understand, Tony, you seem to be blaming President Obama, and the Affordable Care Act, for the actions of that private insurance industry that Republicans and conservatives are hell-bent on giving free reign to.  The president isn't raising any rates.  The ACA isn't, in any way, forcing insurance companies to raise rates.  Rather the health insurance industry, reveling in the fact that people are required to have health insurance, regardless of how much those companies raise their rates, are singing the praises of the congressional Republicans, which stripped the ACA of pretty much all consumer controls.  The Republicans got pretty much everything they wanted, in the ACA (sell across state lines, everyone has to buy insurance, no "public option" to compete with, etc.), and still blame the president for their "accomplishment".

It's too bad "honor" and "integrity" are archaic, obsolete concepts, these days.  But, then, that's what provides the Republican Party with an atmosphere wherein they can thrive -- or, so they had hoped.  November 8 will reveal just how much "thriving" they'll be doing.

Bill Clinton said today that even if rates are going up the subsidies would also go up so no one is really hurt. Now think about that stupid assertion. No one is hurt? What about the taxpayers who are paying for this. Plus it drives up the national debt. Liberal thinking I guess. As Clinton said, millions are out there busting their butts to pay for this. Koolaid anyone.
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 10:30:51 am »

With Obamacare's subsidized health care, America is now approaching the norm of every other industrial country, where they take care of everybody's health. At their taxpayers' expense, which is OK by them.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 12:24:01 pm »

Tony, I've yet to hear you address the question of why those insurance rates are going up, so much.

Is it because there's something, in the Affordable Care Act, that requires the increases in the rates?  Ummmmm ...... that would be, "no".

Is it because the medical insurance companies are going bankrupt, if they don't increase the rates?  Ummmm ....... "no", again.

Is it because private medical insurance companies are gouging subscribers, knowing that the people are required to purchase the insurance, no matter what the companies charge?  Hmmmmm ........ the answer to that one, would be a resounding, "YES ! ! !".

So, the question then becomes, "Why weren't there provisions, written into the ACA, to prevent such gouging by the private insurance industry?"  And, the answer to that question is amazingly simple --- because the Republicans forced any and all such provisions to be dropped from the bill, prior to its passage.

Is that how you remember it, Tony?  Or, do you have another alternate reality?
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 08:58:38 am »

thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Tony Light

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 02:24:56 pm »

Did you know that if you come down with some illness you can run out and buy a policy, use it until you get well and then drop it until you get sick again. Sick folks are signing up but the younger healthy folks are not. Does that make sense? Remember this is a democrat program.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 03:24:56 pm »

Did you know that if you come down with some illness you can run out and buy a policy, use it until you get well and then drop it until you get sick again. Sick folks are signing up but the younger healthy folks are not. Does that make sense? Remember this is a democrat program.

In your dreams, Tony.

A democrat program wouldn't be requiring people to use predatory private insurance companies.  No, it was only Republicans who deep-sixed the "public option", which would have provided an alternative, and forced the private companies to keep their rates down, in order to compete.

It's those private insurance companies that are raising rates.  It's those private insurance companies that are limiting peoples' choices of healthcare providers.  It's those private insurance companies who have been cancelling policies.

Just keep propping up those predatory insurance companies, Tony.  Meanwhile, the rest of the developed world is laughing their a$$es off, at the U.S..  They all have longer average life spans, lower infant mortality, and better health, at a much lower per-capita cost.

I guess, the biggest difference is ............. they don't have America's Republican Party.  That allows them to do what's best, for their citizens.

Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: