Dezarae's Politics & More
April 19, 2024, 04:21:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Cease Fire Truce Violated in Syria

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cease Fire Truce Violated in Syria  (Read 245 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: September 20, 2016, 12:46:54 pm »

The UN called a halt to any aid convoys inside Syria after a Red Cresent convoy was air bombed. This is not only terrible for the very desperate ppl near Aleppo but this act made against a peace convoy just may be what leads the US to eventually and 'officially' declare war against Syria or, who knows, possibly Russia.

http://www.voanews.com/a/countries-deny-involvement-in-bombing-of-syrian-aid-convoy/3516835.html
WASHINGTON —

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov met on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly Tuesday in a push to save Syria's crumbling week-old truce, a day after a deadly air attack on an aid convoy near Aleppo.

State Department spokesman John Kirby issued a statement saying the International Syria Support Group "agreed that, despite continued violence, there was still an imperative to pursue a nationwide cessation of hostilities based on the arrangement reached last week in Geneva between the United States and Russia."

At least 20 civilians, including at least one Syrian aid worker were killed in the attack on a joint aid convoy near Aleppo.

"Secretary Kerry condemned the airstrikes conducted yesterday, which killed aid workers attempting to deliver food, water and medicine to besieged areas of Aleppo. He and the other ministers expressed their condolences for the loss of innocent life and reaffirmed the absolute necessity of establishing immediately the unimpeded, safe and sustained flow of access for humanitarian supplies," Kirby said.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:32:14 pm »

I was wondering how John John Kerrys cease fire plan was working. Same old same old.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »

Nice to see how anxious you are to see people be killed, just so you can badmouth Sec. Kerry.

Unfortunately, there are people anxious to get the war restarted, and the killing resumed.  The easiest way to do that, is to violate the truce so all of the other players will respond ..... in kind.  At the time this article was written, it was unknown who had attacked the convoy.  The U.S., Russia, and Syria all have combat aircraft flying in the area.  If I had to guess, it would seem that Bashar Assad would have the most to gain, from the resumption of hostilities.

Also, at the time this article was written, all of the involved parties have agreed to continue to observe the cease-fire.  So far, whomever attacked the convoy failed to get the wholesale killings going, again.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:18:57 pm »

I'm wondering how all the plans Rice made worked out. I think we all know...
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 11:57:31 am »

I was wondering how John John Kerrys cease fire plan was working. Same old same old.
Something you greatly miss when saying same ole same ole is that SoS Kerry is one of the most hard working, compassionate and intelligent Secretaries of State that we have ever witnessed in our lifetime. He has done his very best to bring peace between the West and the Eastern World while keeping us out of more additional conflicts. Ppl like you are entirely ignorant to these facts, so much, that you remain completely in the dark about how damn difficult it is to juggle all these countries during a time of great turmoil mostly brought on by BushCo. Not entirely, but mostly. Yes, we could go back a long way in time to share blame with previous presidents, but Goober Bush and his D*ickwad VP pushed us so far over the damn cliff, that I and others predicted that we would NEVER see peace in or with the East ever ever again in our lifetime ..... probably not even for our grandchildren. Yet, your ignorance continues to spew nonsense day in and day out on this board about really good ppl like JFKerry. I've given credit to Republican officials, when they earn it, but you are so uneducated and ignorant that all you know to do here in this message board is to put down good govt ppl constantly. You probably don't have enough balz to debate me on any of this matter, in which I understand that about you. Now, after you read the quoted article below, explain to me why it is SoS Kerry is so lacking in his job performance given the really messed up situation in Syria that's been messed up for several yrs.   

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/world/middleeast/john-kerry-syria.html

UNITED NATIONS — Secretary of State John Kerry on Wednesday called for an immediate grounding of all military aircraft in what he described as “key areas” of Syria — including where aid is delivered — as a last-ditch effort to save an agreement with Russia to reduce violence and ultimately halt a war that shows no sign of slowing.

Speaking in an unusually pointed and partly unscripted session at a United Nations Security Council meeting on the Syria crisis, Mr. Kerry angrily accused Russia of living “in a parallel universe” and allowing President Bashar al-Assad of Syria to extend “the greatest humanitarian catastrophe since World War II.”

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 01:11:28 pm »

A159 you are right. John Kerry has helped better relations between America and Iran and Cuba.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:45:11 am by steelydan » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: