Dezarae's Politics & More
April 19, 2024, 05:11:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

"Pimping the Refs?"

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Pimping the Refs?"  (Read 161 times)
countryguy

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« on: September 21, 2016, 10:18:38 am »

It would appear The Orange One is trying a ploy from the old Bobby Knight play book.  Knight was sorta famous for trying to "pimp the refs" before a big game.  He'd make very public statements about how the refs will call the game, favoring his opponent.  He did this, in the hopes that the refs would try to appear fair to Knight, by overcompensating and taking it easier on his Indiana Hoosiers.

This seems to be what Trump has been trying to do regarding the upcoming debates.  He's spent a goodly amount of time, lately, complaining about the scheduled moderators, declaring that he can't get a fair deal from them.  (Except for Chris Wallace, of FOXnews -- go figure).  He's hoping that the moderators, afraid of looking too tough on him, and too easy on Ms. Clinton, will overcompensate by doing just the opposite.  The last thing he's worried about, is hoping that the moderators are fair and equal to both of them.

Trump even came up with his idea of a "fair format" for the debates -- no moderator, at all, just the two of them on the stage having a free-for-all "discussion" on the issues.  One only has to hark back to his behavior during the Republican debates, to see what a farce that would be, with him spending the whole time yelling over the top of Hillary, totally dominating simply because he can yell louder. 

The fact is, both campaigns, not very long ago, agreed to the debate format -- including the identities of the moderators.  Now, he's trying to accomplish two things -- intimidate the moderators into favoring him, and jacking up his followers to cry foul, after the debates are over.  For sure, he'll accomplish the later.  We'll have to see how his first objective turns out.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 12:06:31 pm »

Trumper closely displays tactics that Christie kinda uses. We all know how much a bully Christie was during his days as a prosecutor and then Gov. Trumper has been that all his life!! So yes, they will try to control the room everytime they step into one.

Trumper will have to bite his tongue so hard during the debate that I expect to see blood coming out of his whatever. I kinda doubt that moderators will buckle under his "pimp" thumb, because if they ever would, that damages their own careers. But, point well taken cg ..... Trumper is applying that tactic.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:59:23 am »

Reportedly, natural-born ranter Bobby Knight has been advising Trump to back it down a few notches. Man, when Bobby Knight thinks you're outta control, you're edging into Tasmanian Devil territory.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: