Dezarae's Politics & More
April 16, 2024, 04:12:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Final Debate: Donald Trump Declines to Commit to Respecting Results if He Loses

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Debate: Donald Trump Declines to Commit to Respecting Results if He Loses  (Read 359 times)
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« on: October 20, 2016, 03:55:15 am »

Final Debate: Donald Trump Declines to Commit to Respecting Results if He Loses
Candidates offer vastly different views on abortion, gun rights, immigration, Supreme Court

The Wall Street Journal
By Laura Meckler, Michael C. Bender and Peter Nicholas
Updated Oct. 20, 2016 12:38 a.m. ET
http://www.wsj.com/articles/final-debate-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-enter-last-face-off-before-election-day-1476918864?mod=trending_now_3

LAS VEGAS— Donald Trump refused Wednesday to commit to respecting the results of the presidential election if his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton wins, hinting at a challenge to one of the longtime traditions of American democracy.
“I will tell you at the time. I will keep you in suspense,” the Republican nominee said here at the third and final presidential debate. “That’s horrifying,” Mrs. Clinton replied. “That is not the way our democracy works.”
The debate at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas was a chance for Mr. Trump to regain momentum in the presidential race, which national and battleground state polls show Mrs. Clinton leading. But the evening’s most striking moment came when moderator Chris Wallace asked if the GOP nominee would follow the guidance of his running mate Mike Pence and his daughter, Ivanka, and support the winner even if it wasn’t him.

Mr. Trump demurred, and said Mrs. Clinton’s very candidacy was proof of conspiracy against him, citing her improper use of private email as secretary of state. “She should not be allowed to run. Just in that respect, I say it’s rigged,” he said.

Read More: http://www.wsj.com/articles/final-debate-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-enter-last-face-off-before-election-day-1476918864?mod=trending_now_3
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 10:28:04 am »

Yep, the race begins to look more & more like a landslide against Trump, more than a surge of support for Hillary.  @ this point, I don't care much about the reasons.  Trump is unstable, ignorant of US government, history, economics, industrial policy, technology, health, science, infrastructure needs, energy, nuclear weapons, agriculture, engineering, environment, politics, military, foreign policy - it's a very long list.

Hillary will get the benefit of the doubt, & if she's not elected this time, I don't think she'll even bother standing for election next cycle.  She'll have four years in which to convince us all that she's the better choice.  I think she's up to it, especially if Trump actually manages to take the GOP hierarchy & lots of the down ticket candidates with him as he dives to the bottom.

An invigorated Congress could be a good thing for the country.  Here's to the future.

Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 04:00:30 pm »

In a sense, Trump, contradicted his own claims of the "rigged election", and rampant voter fraud, when he referred to the discovery of "... millions and millions" of registrations of people, who shouldn't be eligible to vote.

That, right there, demonstrates that the system isn't rigged -- isn't open to massive voter fraud.  It shows that the system works.

Voter registration serves one primary purpose -- to allow the voting jurisdiction to verify the eligibility of individual voters.  Most voting districts require preregistration, which allows this process to be completed prior to the actual election.  Some places, like the district I vote in, myself, allow same-day registration.  When I register to vote, a number is written on the sheet, next to my signature.  That same number is written on the ballot I receive.  At the end of the day, the voter rolls are gone over, and anyone that the elections clerks cannont verify, personally, is verified by other means.  If a voter's eligibility cannot be verified, or is found to be fraudulent, the ballot with that voter's number is pulled, and the votes on that ballot are subtracted from the vote totals.

Trump's statement, during the debate, demonstrates that this system effectively prevents the very kind of voter fraud that he's already blaming, for his impending loss.  These "... millions and millions" of ineligible voters have been discovered, prior to the election.  They will not be on the voter rolls.  They will not be allowed to vote.  If they have already voted, their ballots will be pulled, and their votes removed from the totals.

Trump, himself, explained how we know the election is not rigged.  He explained exactly why our electoral system works, to unearth and prevent voter fraud.

Now, if he could only explain how we can prevent dishonest election officials from cooking the results -- which, unfortunately seems to appear more often in Republican-controlled jurisdictions (ex. - Ohio and Florida, in the 2000 election).
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 10:54:39 am »

Yep, the race begins to look more & more like a landslide against Trump, more than a surge of support for Hillary.  @ this point, I don't care much about the reasons.  Trump is unstable, ignorant of US government, history, economics, industrial policy, technology, health, science, infrastructure needs, energy, nuclear weapons, agriculture, engineering, environment, politics, military, foreign policy - it's a very long list.

Hillary will get the benefit of the doubt, & if she's not elected this time, I don't think she'll even bother standing for election next cycle.  She'll have four years in which to convince us all that she's the better choice.  I think she's up to it, especially if Trump actually manages to take the GOP hierarchy & lots of the down ticket candidates with him as he dives to the bottom.

An invigorated Congress could be a good thing for the country.  Here's to the future.

thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 12:13:34 pm »

& now even the strange bedfellows defense looks to be in trouble for the Trumpster.  See "Philippine President Duterte: My favorite hero is Putin

"CNN's Will Ripley asked Philippine President President Rodrigo Duterte who he favors in the US presidential election. Duterte responded that Putin is his hero."

News   CNN

It's getting a little crowded in the bromance bed - & with those tiny, tiny hands, the Donald is going to be @ a distinct disadvantage.  Duterte is evidently playing the crazy card even harder than the Donald - well, you know those Third World guys - they'll work harder, for less money, & do things that even the most outrageous US citizen wouldn't consider.  Pucker up, Tovarich!
Report Spam   Logged
hoosier88
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 09:13:51 pm »

H. Clinton is now pursuing an astute strategy - she's going into red states & campaigning there, putting on advertising, contesting the ground.  She's also putting some attention & emphasis on down-ticket races, stumping for House of Representatives & Senators - a good move.  If she can help nudge HR or Senate into Democratic majorities, or even just narrow the gap & make it close, she should be able to get more done during her term(s) - especially if Congress closes ranks with her & the admin.

Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 12:14:44 am »

Suppose it's a sign that even the staunchest of Trumpsters are giving up hope ............. you sure don't see much of Tony, here, these days.  I guess I can understand it, tho.  I can't imagine how embarrassing it must be, trying to get people to believe you're serious, supporting a nutcase like Donald Trump.

Hey, it's OK, Tony ...... only a couple more weeks to go.  Hold tough, guy.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 04:11:39 pm »

Trump said Hillary is a nasty woman, and immigrants are bad hombres. The makers of "Nasty Woman" and "Bad Hombre" t-shirts are working overtime just to keep up.

"Listen, Donald. Nasty women are tough. Nasty women are smart. And nasty women vote !" --Sen. Elizabeth Warren
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: