Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 09:24:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Same ole same ole or where from here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Same ole same ole or where from here  (Read 395 times)
cheikhndao
Global Moderator

My Mood: Loving Life

Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 500 Posts Poll Voter
« on: October 30, 2016, 09:02:05 pm »

These political discussions seem to be dominated by the nonsense of Tony Light.  I won't even comment on his idiocy.  This is addressed to the Bernie supporters in the group.

I feel the pain.  No question that Bernie represents truly progressive changes.  Assume for the moment that he had won the nomination.  His chances of being elected even with an in opponent as inept as Trump are next to nil.  So, his changes would die at the ballot box.  But let's take this a step further.  Assume that he actually would win the election.  What kind of chance would he stand against a Tea Party House and a Republican Senate?

I earned my liberal credentials years ago.  I attended protests, marches and the like.  I'm sure my photo can be found in the archives of the FBI.  One of things I learned during those days was, "Don't fight battles you can't win."  In today's climate, Bernie's ideas can't win in their undiluted form.  Grand demonstrations have their place, but real progress is made step by step.

Let me remind you that the same ole status quo crap shoot is what brought about health insurance for millions of people.  It benefited the rights of gay, transgender people.  The same ole achieved an historic agreement with Iran.  There is a laundry list of things accomplished by the same ole same ole.  Does this list go as far as we'd like?  Is there more to be done?  Certainly!  But, Rome wasn't built in a day and we are not going to do so either.

Writing in Bernie's name will deprive Clinton of a much needed vote.  In states that lean Republican and you know first hand what an a-hole Pence is.  Teamed with Trump, you have a recipe for total disaster.  Send these people a real message and vote for Hillary.  Even if she doesn't win your state, the popular vote says something. Add your vote to Hillary's side of the ballot.  And voting Republican is just plain insane.  If you want to make any kind of statement, send a message that Republicans are out of step with America and out of step with progress.

If I have to choose between same ole or insanity, I'll choose same ole, it has produced desirable results
Report Spam   Logged

QUESTION AUTHORITY!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 09:36:47 pm »

Yep, Trump is too erratic - it's all spur of the moment with him.  Pence is steadier, but far more ideological - & he means to put as much of his ideology into effect as he can. 

Trump simply doesn't have the background, nor the temperament - & he doesn't seem interested in doing the homework.  Which is very bad news - if he intends to be a figurehead, & leave Pence to do most of the heavy lifting. 

For all her faults, Hillary C. has a POV & an interlocking set of priorities that she's worked towards - education, broad participation in government, infrastructure investment, healthcare, manufacturing policy, foreign policy, revisiting military policy & the kind of military we'll need in future, not merely @ the beck & call of the corporates.  We need a steady hand @ the tiller of the ship of state, & someone with experience on how things work & get done on Capitol Hill, the White House, the bureaucracy of government. 

Just now, I expected Hillary C. to start putting together a Cabinet, & lining up the next three or four tiers of administrators who will join her.  The possible FBI investigation has delayed that, I'm sure.  But I'm equally sure that Hillary & her team will recover, & continue the work of putting together a transition team & tentative hires for the next org chart of government.  It's what I expect of her, & it's what any reasonable administrator would be doing. 
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 09:16:31 am »

Good points guys and exactly the way I feel. It's interesting that before Obama was elected Republicans were raising the issue of his "inexperience" and their feeling that he wouldn't "keep us safe". Well, we now know the results from that and the guideline they also wanted to use with Reagan. "Are you better off today than you were before"? He not only kept us safe, his "inexperience" became "experience" and our country as a whole became "better off". Most of this occured without much help from the Republican Party. So in order to stay the course we need a steady hand and a steady head. I don't believe this is the time for Trump's type of experience nor his temperment.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:48:54 am »

I am trying to get followers from twitter, but the crazy republicans are on there to,,some good ones but some that are on the trump train.. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 09:51:00 am »

I am advertising our forum on my bio..think I will go there and tweet the forum..but beware we will probably get nutjobs too.
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: