Dezarae's Politics & More
April 20, 2024, 07:10:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Donald Trump’s Far-Flung Holdings Raise Potential for Conflicts of Interest

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Far-Flung Holdings Raise Potential for Conflicts of Interest  (Read 911 times)
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:50:21 am »

Donald Trump’s Far-Flung Holdings Raise Potential for Conflicts of Interest

The New York Times
By ERIC LIPTON and SUSANNE CRAIG
NOV. 14, 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us/politics/donald-trump-holdings-conflict-of-interest.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — Just a few blocks down Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House sits the Trump International Hotel, one of the newest luxury additions to President-elect Donald J. Trump’s real estate empire, and perhaps the most visible symbol of the ethical quandary he now confronts.
The Trump International operates out of the Old Post Office Building, which the federal government owns. That means Mr. Trump will be appointing the head of the General Services Administration, which manages the property, while his children will be running a hotel that has tens of millions of dollars in ties with the agency.
He also will oversee the National Labor Relations Board while it decides union disputes involving any of his hotels. A week before the election, the board ruled against Mr. Trump’s hotel in a case in Las Vegas.
The layers of potential conflicts he faces are in many ways as complex as his far-flung business empire, adding a heightened degree of difficulty for Mr. Trump — one of the wealthiest men to ever occupy the White House — in separating his official duties from his private business affairs.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us/politics/donald-trump-holdings-conflict-of-interest.html?_r=0
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:31:04 pm »

Isnt this funny. Anytime I referenced the NY Times gal would get all upset and say the Times was a conservative rag. Now look at who she touting as a source.  Grin   idiot
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 11:19:45 pm »

No, Tony, you cited the Washington Times, a right-wing agitprop rag. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 10:47:13 am »

Tony would appreciate if you'd quit nit-picking, Plato.  New York, Washington -- what's the difference?  They're both on the east coast, aren't they?
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Tony Light

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 12:14:45 pm »

Gal was upset a few times when I referenced the NY Times.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 07:09:18 pm »

Trump is stumbling over conflict of interest issues daily. For example, there's that Trump hotel built in a federal building leased by the GAO, and the laughable concept of his family running his empire without letting him know about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Light

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 09:14:04 am »

When obama wrote his book did he still receive profits while president?
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 06:26:41 pm »

Profits from a book? That's something the last 5 presidents got. A hundred million dollar debt to China? Only Trump. Leasing the Old Post Office right down the street from the White House for a garish hotel, to be blind-trustedly  Grin Grin run by his sons? Only Trump.

I could go on, but Tony didn't read this far.
Report Spam   Logged
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 03:37:40 am »

Dear Tony even they have the sense to know a dog and a bad person for America even they think bad of him..that is all I am agreeing with,..but laugh cause other sites are against Trump to. They had sense enough to see thru him unlike like you Tony with your blinder rose colored glasses..and btw I am in a real bad mood so KMA dead center okay? angry mad bat

Isnt this funny. Anytime I referenced the NY Times gal would get all upset and say the Times was a conservative rag. Now look at who she touting as a source.
Fact is we will all be screwed once he is in office. But what he is doing already is bad. Whoever has heard of a President Elect not following the rules that all of our past Presidents have followed? Why is he being allowed to keep all of his interest and putting family in offices that will also supposedly be taking care of all his interest, building etc etc..Hotel in Turkey etc..Freaking close friends with Putin who rigged the election for him by hacking hacking and more hacking..outrageous..Is everyone scared of him because of Putin? This is the biggest smear on America yet!! It will all be for the filthy rich and to hell with the rest of us..he will get rid of social security and Medicare or dismantle it so bad you won't even recognize it. The death squads are here now for real, no joke.. He will have it so the only people that can prosper are his rich buddies..it will be the ultra rich and everyone else will now be the lower class..He had me hacked twice on twitter. Even my email was hacked and they attached their IP to mine..Trying to fix that on my own but I do know of people that work in this field that can fix me..
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 03:44:06 am »

Not in a mood for pure $hit.. too much going on in my life to be putting up with stupidity.
Walk in my shoes for one day, you couldn't handle it ,so I am tougher that you are by a longshot. If you knew what all I have been thru and still going you would be amazed. And I lost the love of my life and father of my children recently..we weren't together and haven't been for years, but I never stopped loving him.
Report Spam   Logged

WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 03:48:37 am »

Also not a news source Tony I saw it on the news bro..lmao@you

Isnt this funny. Anytime I referenced the NY Times gal would get all upset and say the Times was a conservative rag. Now look at who she touting as a source.  Grin   idiot
Report Spam   Logged

WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 04:01:50 am »

Isnt this funny. Anytime I referenced the NY Times gal would get all upset and say the Times was a conservative rag. Now look at who she touting as a source. 
Yes they are a repub fake news source, I stand by that..but even they know how bad Trump sucks with that "O" shaped mouth..I give them credit this one time for being truthful for a change...Fact is we will all be screwed once he is in office. But what he is doing already is bad. Whoever has heard of a President Elect not following the rules that all of our past Presidents have followed? Why is he being allowed to keep all of his interest and putting family in offices that will also supposedly be taking care of all his interest, building etc etc..Hotel in Turkey etc..Freaking close friends with Putin who rigged the election for him by hacking hacking and more hacking..outrageous..Is everyone scared of him because of Putin? This is the biggest smear on America yet!! It will all be for the filthy rich and to hell with the rest of us..he will get rid of social security and Medicare or dismantle it so bad you won't even recognize it. The death squads are here now for real, no joke.. He will have it so the only people that can prosper are his rich buddies..it will be the ultra rich and everyone else will now be the lower class..He had me hacked twice on twitter. Even my email was hacked and they attached their IP to mine..Trying to fix that on my own but I do know of people that work in this field that can fix me..

I sure hope you like Putin because he will make appearances here in the USA to visit his best friend Trump! Hope you you learn how to speak Russian also..those two will go after Syria and many other countries together..they most likely already have a plan of who they will attack and who is first..we will lose a lot of our soldiers for their sinister plans of takeovers. You know what wars do to the economy..And I thought Bush,Cheney and Rove was bad.they were just a little tikes compared to these two..Ask yourself why so many republicans are against him.
Report Spam   Logged

WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 04:07:31 am »

What Tony? You aren't laughing now..Why not? Can't you defend all the things Trump is doing crookedly?  Cat got your tongue?
Report Spam   Logged

WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 04:12:37 am »

When Obama wanted clean coal, all the republicans threw a big hissy fit. .Oh look, now trump wants clean coal..imagine that. I remember you fussing about it, and over what it would do to miners jobs and coal mines shutting down over that..

Wink thumbs up Azn angel
Report Spam   Logged

Tony Light

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 06:40:03 pm »

Gal, you just dont know how much I am laughing. NY Times a fake news source?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: