Dezarae's Politics & More
April 18, 2024, 01:24:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

North Korea has repeatedly threatened to test-fire an ICBM

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea has repeatedly threatened to test-fire an ICBM  (Read 474 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: January 26, 2017, 01:46:34 pm »

All I got to say is Kid Un is sending Trump an olive branch via a ballistic missile. This is certainly one to watch how it will play out.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-ready-test-fire-icbm-any-time-any-place-n712026
 Jan 25 2017, 3:01 pm ET
North Korea Ready to Test Fire ICBM ‘Any Time, Any Place’: Official

by Bill Neely and Mark Hanrahan

North Korea has repeatedly threatened to test-fire an ICBM since its leader, Kim, said in his New Year message that the country's preparations for such a test were at an advanced stage.

"Pyongyang is much further along in their missile development than most people realize," said Melissa Hanham, a senior research associate at the U.S.-based Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, California, told Reuters earlier this month.

He did, however, sound some conciliatory notes on relations with the U.S., saying: "Our supreme leader Kim Jong Un said even though it has been hostile to us in the past, if the U.S. becomes friendlier to us we will develop that relationship."

Asked if he welcomed Trump's remark that he would be prepared to meet Kim, the official said "we will wait and see the difference between his campaign rhetoric and his policy as President."
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:57:31 pm »

I think the whole world is "... wait(ing to) see the difference between his campaign rhetoric and his policy as President".

While launching a true intercontinental missile is, indeed, cause for concern -- the real worrying begins if and when North Korea manages to miniaturize a nuclear device that can be carried by that missile.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 11:36:45 am »

Trump should really crack down on them like obama did.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 01:01:46 pm »

Trump should really crack down on them like obama did.
What's your version of ''really crack down''?
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »

Tony?
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 07:33:45 am »

Issue a red line.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 12:17:26 pm »

Issue a red line.
Ahhhhh .... now we're making some progress. Help me relate to exactly what 'actions' by Kid Un would violate that line.
Report Spam   Logged

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 12:31:54 pm »

This should really be an interesting match-up -- two psychotics trying to outmaneuver each other - hopefully with at least one of them not really wanting to start World War III.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »

I also look at this as a battle of 2 inexperienced buffoons. Trumper has the runniest motor mouth. Kid Un has had a couple of yrs playing around with a few missile launches from time to time. I believe that he also has a couple ordered executions under his bulky belt overcoat. Both hairdos suck. Trumper has high $$$$ DC think tanks while Kid Un has low budget Pyongyang nutty parade tanks. Yet, for 60+ yrs, NKorea has withstood deep isolation imposed by the West. I guess one would have to look at it this way. Which side of the pond has more to lose? The land of luxury vs the land of dirty rice.

Who would miss NKorea the most? Anyone? Who might object to NKorea's demise the most?
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 02:29:05 pm »

This missile launch has been reported to have landed only 88 miles from Japan's coast. tic toc tic toc ..... it shouldn't be too long now.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/missile-north-korea-launched-was-an-icbm-pentagon/ar-AAoYz1m?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Missile North Korea launched was an ICBM - Pentagon
Report Spam   Logged

countryguy

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 07:51:47 pm »

I can't help but wonder, which one is more juvenile - Trump or Un.
Report Spam   Logged

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 08:11:16 pm »

Yah, even once you get to direct action, there are a fair number of options that the US can try.  But I really don't expect there to be discussion of what the possibilities are in an open forum.  & the options are driven by what kind of result we're looking for.
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 06:14:30 am »

There really isn't much the White House can do to punish or deter Pyongyang. Trump is likely to try to impose further economic sanctions on the regime. But as long as China continues to support North Korea, they won't do much good. And any military action would trigger devastating artillery attacks on South Korea. If common sense were involved the US could offer to stop military exercises with South Korea if North Korea freezes its nuclear tests... a long shot though.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 01:15:28 pm »

cg:
It is certainly a toss up between the 2. Kid Un, much younger than daTrump, plays with his war toys because what else is there for him to do in that isolated country? daTrump plays with himself on a world stage because his silver spoon riches affords him the most lavishing dinners known to man. He still and will always chase his tail looking for the most wonderful legacy ever.

h88:
There's certainly been some word coming out of the dod/pentagon that they are looking heavily at a preemptive strike.

sd:
It all boils down to our US military presence in several areas of the globe that has several countries ready to spit. Our presence at or near the Korean Peninsula has NKorea itching to throw a punch at us.

I almost forgot to mention this as well. China. China hasn't moved to assist us with NKorea because of our military presence and activities at the Korean Peninsula AND the dispute taking place in the South China Sea.

Now that Russia sanctions are being put into place we can expect additional movement by Russia that'll rattle our dod/pentagon guys. 

A spark with NKorea, and, or Iran could ignite the big one ahead with China and Russia.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 03:18:02 pm »

After more sanctions by the West, it obviously ticked Kid Un off!! If he keeps this up, Trump won't ask Un to the prom. KaBoom!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/n-korea-threatens-to-sink-japan-reduce-us-to-ashes-and-darkness/ar-AArUbuR?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
N. Korea threatens to 'sink' Japan, reduce U.S. to 'ashes and darkness'
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: