Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 11:22:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Debt Ceiling Crisis Closely Looms UNDER Trump

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Debt Ceiling Crisis Closely Looms UNDER Trump  (Read 337 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:18:38 pm »

By next Oct, we all may be grabin' our azzes to hold on.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/fight-over-debt-ceiling-could-accelerate-trumps-budget-clash-with-gop/2017/02/28/cd7f0c9e-fdc7-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html
Fight over debt ceiling could accelerate Trump’s budget clash with GOP
By Damian Paletta  By Damian Paletta  February 28

President Trump will have to deploy “extraordinary” measures in two weeks to avoid a default on the debt if Congress does not move to raise the federal borrowing cap, a little-recognized deadline that could expedite his showdown with Congress over taxes and spending.

Trump has proposed giant cuts to tax rates for businesses and individuals, as well as new spending on infrastructure and military programs. His advisers have said those changes will boost the economy, creating more money for government spending.
But critics have said the changes Trump is pursuing are likely to inflate the federal deficit for more than a decade.
March 15, 2017.

After that date, the Treasury Department is expected to enact “emergency” measures to buy more time to allow the government to continue paying its bills. These emergency steps often include actions such as suspending pension payments, but the Treasury Department runs out of flexibility after several months.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »

Just so.  So is it maddened villagers with torches lit & improvised weapons storming Dr. Frankenstein's castle, or is it the lemmings jostling to be the first to make the leap of faith?

Last chance, Congress, to actually make a decision about the long-term political & economic & policy & military & many other facets of a modern nation-state about the Trump Interregnum.

Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:14:03 pm »

It'll be curious to see, whether or not Republicans threaten to shut down the government, rather than raise the debt ceiling.  How many times was it, that they made such threats during the Obama administration?
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 01:56:50 pm »

I think Trumper even now understands what a disaster that would be. Since he's back on the campaign trail for re-election, he's really got to avoid deep self-inflicted cuts. Stuff like policies to nowhere and his loose mouth. Good luck with that Donny.

Now, hasn't the govt shutdown deadline been officially set to ping this coming Sept? 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
A159
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 03:08:19 pm »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKK.........

The Don wants a shutdown in Sept to shake things up!! So, it may appear that I might be correct about how things will be in Oct. Major butt kissin' time bye bye.  Undecided

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/donald-trump-wants-government-shutdown-in-september-to-fix-mess-in-senate/news-story/8a172afc1c44c1fa3cac131cf2498672

Donald Trump wants government shutdown in September to fix ‘mess’ in Senate
May 3, 20172:36am
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: