Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 06:33:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Sweet Sixteen 2017

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweet Sixteen 2017  (Read 401 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: March 23, 2017, 04:32:59 pm »

Here we are already half way thru the NCAA Tourney. Tonight 4 games will be played and 4 more games Friday night. Then the weekend will whittle down the remaining 8 teams.

So, at this point I can only predict that UK and Kansas might make it to the Final Four. There's a few other teams that also stand out, like WVa and Wichita St, but that's my initial take on them at this time.

What's in your wallet bracket?
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 01:00:07 am »

Some really good games, today, with the exception of the second half of the Kansas/Purdue match-up.  But, Michigan/Oregon, Gonzaga/W. Virginia, and Xavier/Arizona were all nail-biters.

Should be some more good'ns tomorrow.

I had 12 out of 16, in the Sweet Sixteen, and so far I'm 3 of 4, going into the Elite 8 (I had Arizona beating Xavier).  Best I'll be able to do is 6 of the 8, since, like pretty much everyone else, I had Duke making the 4th round.

Being from Wisconsin, myself, I'm one of the few people who didn't have Villanova still in the mix.  Since they and Duke are both gone, I can really see a good possibility of the Badgers making the Final Four.  We'll have to cross our fingers and wait, to see, I guess.  At this point, there aren't any teams left, who aren't good enough to beat pretty much anyone, on a given night.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 08:56:14 am »

There were some holy craps during this 16 game playoff. Oregon beating out Mich was a shocker! WVa losing. Xavier beating mighty Arizona. Both Carolinas winning! UK won but UCLA sure gave them a run for it. Then, what a terrible way to lose ...... Wis being beat in OT with the last shot by Fla. That as a heartbreaker for sure. I didn't realize how tough Fla was until seeing that last night. Now, I have 5 teams that I see maybe going forward (only 4 after Sunday night). UK, Kansas, S & N Carolina and Fla. I suspect that S Carolina might be the weaker of these 5 teams. 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 12:50:17 pm »

It was obviously a bad night for me, personally.  I guess, the only consolation is that so many commentators have said Wisconsin/Florida was the best game they've seen in many years, in the NCAA tournament.

My bracket has 5 of the 8 Elite Eight teams right, so I'm doing pretty good, as that goes.  I lost Duke, Arizona, and Butler from my predictions.  My Final Four was Duke, Gonzaga, Butler, and Oregon, so the best I can do is 2 and 2.
Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 10:07:54 am »

I thought the Badger game was really exciting to watch. I wasn't happy with the result but you definitely couldn't look away. But damn, even in college you gotta hit free throws! You practice those you're whole life. After the dunk, it should be the easiest shot for a player to make. 48%?! You hit one, you miss one, you hit one, you miss one! Crazy!
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 08:00:07 pm »

From what I witnessed between Fla and S Carolina today, if Fla shot like this against Wis, Wis would have slaughtered them!

In which leads me to my next comment. It's a damn good thing I'm not a betting man. I couldn't figure out why Gonzaga was #1 seed ..... and everytime they'd win, I was shocked!! Here they are, in the final 4. Both Carolinas won their games impressively this weekend. NCarolina barely won against UK but they still played like bad azzes. Oregon shocked me too. They looked very tough last night. So, who knows.... we may end up with a Carolina final.
Report Spam   Logged

countryguy

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 10:44:09 am »

I guess my best scenario, at this point, would be Oregon over Gonzaga, in the final.  I'm glad Kentucky got beat ----- I have a problem with Calipari and his "one-and-done" program.  Colleges and universities are supposed to be educational institutions.  There's nothing about education, in Calipari's system.

Actually, besides the fact that I live in Wisconsin, that''s probably the biggest reason I like the Badgers.  Note that four out of their five starters are seniors.  The other (Happ) was a second-team All-American, this year, and has no plans to try out for the NBA draft.  In other words, these guys didn't come to the UW just to transition into the NBA.  Nigel Hayes - the best-known of the bunch - is a business major and an honor scholar.  Wisconsin has oft been noted for the high academic standards of its athletes.  Yet, even with those standards, the Badgers have developed one of the best athletic programs in the country.  I follow Badger football and basketball, and the UW is one of the top schools in the U.S., in both.

Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 01:55:28 pm »

And I love it  thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

A159
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 01:15:53 pm »

At this point going into the final 4, Gonzaga still has me scratching my head. SCarolina seems to be the Cinderella that's on fire. Not sure if they can continue to play at this euphoric pace, but I'd not be shocked if they advance. NCarolina appears to be getting stronger as they go. They beat UK with a last second shot from 3 point land but who knows how long living by that sword will hold up. Oregon is the runner-up Cinderella who shoots the eyes out of the basket from far out. We're also seeing more blocked shots, it seems. Tall trees can jump.
Report Spam   Logged

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 06:03:38 pm »

S.C.'s Gamec*cks beat Duke, so they believe they can beat anybody. I'm not jumping on their bandwagon, but they're selling a lot of t-shirts, sweatshirts, and "We love our 'C*cks" bumper stickers.
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 08:05:18 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: