Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 03:00:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

'Trump urged to hand over any tapes' [Is he lying or telling the truth?]

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Trump urged to hand over any tapes' [Is he lying or telling the truth?]  (Read 458 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: May 14, 2017, 08:00:31 pm »

I know, it's always difficult to tell with Trumper, but it sure sounds like he did record Comey in order to keep him quiet later on by threatening him that such "tapes" would be used against him. One thing for sure, Nixon would be proud of this bs'in con artist.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39918407
Trump urged to hand over any tapes

Senate Democratic leader Charles Schumer warned that destroying any tapes would break the law.
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said the White House needed to "clear the air" about whether tapes existed.
The comments come after Mr Trump tweeted what appeared to be a thinly veiled threat to the former FBI chief.
He warned Mr Comey last week against talking to the media, saying he had "better hope there are no tapes" of their conversations.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 09:18:00 pm »

Yah.  @ this rate, it's only a matter of time before the Trump begins to doodle designs for the White House guards' uniforms - à la Nixon, when time hung heavily upon him.  You know, something nice & imperial - kepis, snazzy black uniforms with lightning flashes, high boots.  Maybe a distinctive goosestep kinda marching about the portico?
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 03:15:09 pm »

Oh boy, you probably have gone and done it now, h88. I suspect we'll be harshly treated to a future Trumper flick about his own version of 'space odyssey'.

But, on a higher note and if this tape conspiracy proves out, we may be much closer to impeachment proceedings.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 03:51:50 pm »

I think that Trump & the admin. are slowly dying the death of a 1,000 cuts - mostly self-inflicted.  I see people losing faith with him, & that will lead to a bloodletting of the GOP in the mid-terms.  & that mass revulsion will lead to Trump's finding some way out of office - if he can't get anything done (that he promised as immediate priorities) @ the beginning of the Interregnum, when his bullying tactics were fresh in everyone's minds - what is he going to threaten us all with come Nov. 2018?

I think Pandora's Box has already been opened, & poor Hope got arrested for improper documentation, & is currently languishing in a Supermax facility - maybe in CO?  (From the Trumper POV, it's all flyover country anyway - & he doesn't get out much, unless it's to a TrumpR exclusive getaway ...)
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 02:47:25 pm »

On one level, he threatened Comey against telling the truth.

On another, either he lied to Comey about the existence of tapes, or he is refusing to obey the law about archiving and turning over tapes of WH conversations. If he lied, it's deplorable. If he's flouting the law, it's criminal. It's that simple.
Report Spam   Logged
hoosier88
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 03:16:33 pm »

Apparently Trump thinks that being US president is like being president of General Motors in 1948CE - he seems to think that his authority is unbounded & that it's traitorous to even question an order of his.  That's what happens when you sleep through Civics 101 back in grade school, or high school, or whenever it was that Trump was supposed to have taken the course.

Pity he didn't pay attention - he'd have understood how restricted the president's powers actually are.  If he'd known that, he'd probably never have bothered to run for the office in the first place.

Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 12:57:00 pm »

On one level, he threatened Comey against telling the truth.

If he's flouting the law, it's criminal. It's that simple.
What blew me away yesterday when watching talking heads on tv go on and on about all of this, there were a couple 'experts' who pretty much stated that he's not broken any laws. That concrete evidence had to surface to reverse their opinions. It also blows my mind how much bad crap a prez can commit before getting the boot. Others would be dragged into court and possibly jailed.

I suppose that even if Trump made recordings of Comey or others to use against them with his threats (obstruction of justice), that if such recordings were never surrendered ..... can't prove it. Any positive vibes out there to help me think that justice may prevail?
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 01:06:17 pm »

Apparently Trump thinks that being US president is like being president of General Motors in 1948CE - he seems to think that his authority is unbounded & that it's traitorous to even question an order of his.  That's what happens when you sleep through Civics 101 back in grade school, or high school, or whenever it was that Trump was supposed to have taken the course.

Pity he didn't pay attention - he'd have understood how restricted the president's powers actually are.  If he'd known that, he'd probably never have bothered to run for the office in the first place.
Agreed. I think tho, that there's one side of his warped mind that convinced him that he is much more above the law and to 'win the prize of he presidency', he'd roll around in gold while the Secret Service protected his lame azz. A lifetime of high money lawyers who weasels one's sorry azz around laws probably emboldens one's mighty ego that once he sports his 'I'm the Prez' button on his $1000 suit ..... can't touch me ..... ever! We're all hoping that for once during our lifetimes, we might see justice served. If not with this one, The Con Don, I can't believe that there would ever be a dirty rotten prez busted for their sh*t.
Report Spam   Logged

hoosier88
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 05:40:14 pm »

Yah, the Trump has to be the most under-educated person in the office ever.  With no public office background whatsoever, I assume that Trump simply follows politics as played out in The Godfather & similar fare - politicians are all buyable commodities, & one pretty much is as useful as the next.

What he's finding out is that the Legislature & Judiciary are jealous of their prerogatives, even if nominally members of the same party, in the case of Congress.  & they'll fight to the death to defend their turf, their perks, their budget, their areas of expertise, & service their districts.  The Judiciary is perfectly willing to tie up Constitutional questions forever, if need be. 

After Trump's ad hominem & completely gratuitous attacks on the Hispanic-descent federal judge in IN (?) who was looking @ one of his college's settlements (I think it was - honestly, the Trump is in so much litigation that I can't keep track without a scorecard) - I doubt that any federal judges can look @ one of his cases without raising their blood pressure.  Time will tell.

A gentleman of my acquaintance had a motto:  Always save six for pallbearers.

Words to live by.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 02:41:44 pm »

Yah, the Trump has to be the most under-educated person in the office ever.  With no public office background whatsoever, I assume that Trump simply follows politics as played out in The Godfather & similar fare - politicians are all buyable commodities, & one pretty much is as useful as the next.

I truly believe that he ran his campaign at first as a joke ...... to mock the system and then to mock it further once he won the prize (once it looked doable) ...... as a reality tv prez. Of course, on the same side of that coin, he also saw many chances to increase his brand for $$$$$$$$$. Too bad there's no tape of him bragging about such.
Report Spam   Logged

WVaGAL
Forum Owner
Administrator

My Mood: Stressed

Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:04 pm »

What Trump did was to cast doubt on Comey and make him look bad...Trump had his reasons for what he was saying...Good cover for Trump too don't ya think? More than one things that he says about different things that is going on...he likes people not knowing what to believe,what is a lie or the truth.
Report Spam   Logged

Live & Let Live. Be Nice To Each Other. Life Is Short. We don't know what tomorrow holds for us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: