Dezarae's Politics & More
April 19, 2024, 03:23:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Con Don vs Tricky Dicky ~ IN SPIRIT

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Con Don vs Tricky Dicky ~ IN SPIRIT  (Read 359 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: May 17, 2017, 01:38:34 pm »

Time to, once again, stretch our brain cells while doing Trump Nixon comparisons. Just think, such comparisons started way way way back to July of 2015. 

One that stands is how paranoid Trump acts at times. Remind ya of anyone tricky?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/donald-trump-channeling-richard-nixon
Donald Trump Is Channeling Richard Nixon
Is it a coincidence that a top Trump adviser has a Nixon tattoo?
David Corn Jul. 24, 2015

here are some of the signs that Trump is feeling the Nixon spirit.

The Silent Majority. At a campaign rally in South Carolina on Tuesday, Trump declared, "There is something happening. You know there used to be the expression, many of you have heard it, and for some reasons for years, it hasn't been....The silent majority. There's a silent majority out there. We're tried of being pushed around, kicked around, and acting and being led by stupid people. They're stupid people." Nixon popularized the "silent majority" term in a November 1969 speech, in which he pleaded for support for his war effort in Vietnam. He referred to those Americans not protesting the war or joining the counterculture as the "great silent majority."
Law and order. Following the recent shootings in Chattanooga, Tennessee, which claimed the lives of five service-members, Trump exclaimed, "Whether it's Islamic or anything else, it's getting worse. We're losing law and order." Law and order—that was a core element of Nixon's 1968 presidential campaign. As the Nixon presidential library puts it, "In January 1968, Nixon decided to once again seek the nomination of the Republican Party for president. Portraying himself as a figure of stability in a time of national upheaval, Nixon promised a return to traditional values and 'law and order.'"
A secret plan to end the war. In a recent interview with the Des Moines Register, Trump asserted that he has a plan to destroy ISIS: "I have an absolute way of defeating ISIS, and it would be decisive and quick and it would be very beautiful. Very surgical." What is this plan? Did it involve ground troops? Drone strikes? Trump wouldn't say. He was keeping it a secret: "If I tell you right now, everyone else is going to say, 'Wow, what a great idea.' You're going to have 10 candidates going to use it and they're going to forget where it came from. Which is me." During the 1968 campaign, Nixon promoted—or, at least, allowed to stand—the impression that he had a secret plan to end the Vietnam War. But he didn't. The war continued for years after his inauguration—until Nixon and Henry Kissinger negotiated with the North Vietnamese a US withdrawal. In the meantime, thousands of US GIs died.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 02:42:18 pm »

being so recent, I had to plunk it in here.

this one sends chills of Nixon down my spine.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333711-nyt-report-trump-told-comey-to-consider-jailing-reporters
Trump Told Comey to Consider Jailing Reporters
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 03:49:55 pm »

Shortly before Nixon resigned, one step ahead of an impeachment order, he reassured Americans that he was "not a crook." It was quickly becoming clear that he definitely was a crook.

These days, Trump denies any wrongdoing every day. Every day, it's clearer that he's lying.
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:11:28 am »

When the time came, Ford defended Nixon. I wonder who will defend Trump? When the time comes...
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 11:46:02 am »

Doubtful that VP Pence will fall on his sword to protect the Trump.  I believe that's why Pence sold himself, & cheaply - to be on hand when the inevitable happens.

There's a scene in Dune - Baron Vladimir Harkonnen is verbally sparring with the Emperor's emissary, Count Fenrig:

"The Emperor cannot believe I threaten him!"  The Baron permitted anger and grief to edge his voice, thinking:  Let him wrong me in that!  I could place myself on the throne while still beating my breast over how I'd been wronged.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 02:45:02 pm »

Doubtful that VP Pence will fall on his sword to protect the Trump.  I believe that's why Pence sold himself, & cheaply - to be on hand when the inevitable happens.
That's obvious to many of us ..... Pencer saw his chance to easy slide into office once Trumper was impeached. I hope like hell the Dems plan to nail his whacky azz up on the wall of shame along side Trumper's azz.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 02:45:38 pm »

When the time came, Ford defended Nixon. I wonder who will defend Trump? When the time comes...
My guess would be Sarah Palin.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 02:36:28 pm »

Holy bug bites!
This is kinda like pal crook (Stone) secretly hinting that pal crook (Trump), is a Nixon crook . 

http://www.businessinsider.com/roger-stone-donald-trump-richard-nixon-2017-2
Roger Stone explains what Trump has in common with Richard Nixon

Brett LoGiurato

Sep. 26, 2017

Roger Stone: They are very similar in the sense that they're both brilliant. They're both combative. Neither one is afraid to take on the media. That they appeal to the forgotten man, the silent majority. The blue collar white Democrat that was part of the Nixon coalition is now part of the Trump coalition.

Ironically, it was former President Nixon to my mind the very first person who saw the possibilities of a Trump presidency. He met Donald Trump in George Steinbrenner's box in 1987 at a Yankees game, and the former president called me the next morning and said, “Well I met your man. He's really got it. This guy could go all the way.”
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: