Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 02:12:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Sessions wants police to take more cash from American citizens

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sessions wants police to take more cash from American citizens  (Read 371 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: July 18, 2017, 05:03:21 pm »

Whoa ...... ole Sessions is sounding more and more like a little dictator himself. The part that stands out the most with his directive is this sentence "allows law enforcement officials to permanently take money and goods from individuals suspected of crime". So ..... just help yourselves dirty cops ..... if you suspect someone of a crime, grab their cash or property and enjoy enjoy enjoy. That's about as Amerikan as it can get!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jeff-sessions-wants-police-to-take-more-cash-from-american-citizens/ar-BBECcJm?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
The Washington Post
Christopher Ingraham
19 hrs ago

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday said he'd be issuing a new directive this week aimed at increasing police seizures of cash and property.

“We hope to issue this week a new directive on asset forfeiture — especially for drug traffickers,” Sessions said in his prepared remarks for a speech to the National District Attorney's Association in Minneapolis. "With care and professionalism, we plan to develop policies to increase forfeitures. No criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime. Adoptive forfeitures are appropriate as is sharing with our partners."

Asset forfeiture is a disputed practice that allows law enforcement officials to permanently take money and goods from individuals suspected of crime. There is little disagreement among lawmakers, authorities and criminal justice reformers that “no criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime.” But in many cases, neither a criminal conviction nor even a criminal charge is necessary — under forfeiture laws in most states and at the federal level, mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough to allow police to seize items permanently.

Additionally, many states allow law enforcement officers to keep cash that they seize, creating what critics characterize as a profit motive. The practice is widespread: in 2014, federal law enforcement officers took more property from citizens than burglars did. State and local authorities seized untold millions more.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:27:34 pm »

I believe more and more people are going to take to the streets and remind people like Sessions and Trump that we have a Constitution in this Country and if they don't like it THEY can get out. Like move to Russia. Or something... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 03:48:53 pm »

Yes, more ppl will take to the streets and more ppl will see cops as bigger dirty rats, in which may sadly place a target on their heads. It's time for the good cops to stand up against fascists in our govt at the top and city hall. Not holding my breath.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:10:21 am »

A159. There is a lot of good cops. Unfortunately, there is also a fair amount of bad ones. It's starts with the candidates early and ends with the training and the job that they do everyday. As I see it, more and more law enforcement officers believe there is a war on cops. I don't believe that.  I remember the fifties and sixties. The problem I believe is rooted in the years of violence that young people have been "desensitized" to (you touched on this in another post of your's) and taken even further by radical rightwing groups like the NRA that preach gun ownership, and use, as a right instead of a responsibility. The NRA has been at the blame and hate game for so long they have polluted the moral fiber of the law enforcement community so much so that it's pervasive. I believe it's gotten to the point that for some law enforcement personnel it means more to stand behind their gun than it does their badge. I fear that if we continue to militarize our law enforcement agencies it's only going to get worse until it get's better.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 03:06:21 pm »

In my most honest opinion, I feel that millions of ppl who are struggling to survive on a daily basis, upon each time they are approached by our police all across this nation (also on a daily basis) they will now have stuck in their minds (for many, it's already there) that the police now will grab what little that they have to survive on. To some ppl in our society $10 and $20 is huge to them. Even a bicycle is equal to owning a car, in which to them, it could mean their only better means of transportation for anything medically related, food, clothing or whatever is important to them in order to survive longer. When jerks like Sessions makes law that our bully police (not all are) can take from our citizens (sometimes their lives that's already established) when even only under suspicion, then I can understand the growing fear and desperation that constantly exists among our population. That's a heavy statement that speaks truth, sd. "for some law enforcement personnel it means more to stand behind their gun than it does their badge.". It's the selfish power that they feel behind both. The ability to take from others regardless that tarnished oath to serve and protect. Thanks to pos Sessions, he just opened a wider path for bad cops (seasoned and recruits) to travel.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: