Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 03:57:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Mitch McConnell is inclined to vote to convict Trump in an impeachment trial

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitch McConnell is inclined to vote to convict Trump in an impeachment trial  (Read 577 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:54:54 pm »

Hard to believe, isn't it?  Undecided

https://www.businessinsider.com/mitch-mcconnell-pleased-at-prospect-of-trump-being-impeached-nyt-2021-1

Grace Panetta 14 hours ago

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is now leaning towards voting to convict President Donald Trump to remove him from office, Axios reported on Tuesday night.

McConnell believes Trump has committed multiple impeachable offenses and is "pleased" at the idea of him being impeached, according to The New York Times.

McConnell thinks that Trump being impeached and then potentially convicted and removed from office by the US Senate "will make it easier to purge him from the party," The Times said on Tuesday
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:24:10 pm »

I don't believe you can trust Mitch McConnell with anything...That man thought giving Americans $2000 was too much. He was another enabler for Trump the last four years. Even the ordeal with the last Supreme Court Justice was inexcusable. I have zero tolerance for GOP fascists anymore and they need to be shut down completely. Any Democrat who tries to go back to status quo or compromise is a real enemy too. 
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 03:21:04 pm »

I'm on that same page, sd. We've seen these snakes before. A snake is a snake. Just like the Donald ..... McConnell thinks only of himself and the mega bucks that'll flow into his money stash.

It appears that there will be a Senate trial after Biden is sworn into office. I wanted one asap but it's now up to when Pelosi will send her managers over to the Senate and when Schumer will fire it up. At least McConnell will be there to speak his piece and vote or not vote. Either way, the outcome of that trial should be impeachment of Trump and hopefully, he loses his post presidency perks. It's too bad that he can pardon all the criminals that he knows.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: