Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 10:41:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

3 Shot to Death at Wis Race Track

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Shot to Death at Wis Race Track  (Read 212 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: August 14, 2017, 02:32:11 pm »

New battle grounds.  Sad

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/sergeant-3-killed-at-race-track-were-known-gang-members/ar-AAq2xG7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Sergeant: 3 killed at race track were known gang members

UNION GROVE, Wis. (AP) — Three Illinois men who were shot to death at point-blank range during a drag racing event in southeastern Wisconsin may have been targeted by a rival gang member, a sheriff's official said Monday.

The three were fatally shot as they stood near a concession area in the parking lot of the Great Lakes Dragaway near Union Grove about 7 p.m. Sunday, according to Kenosha County sheriff's officials.

The shooter remains at large, sheriff's Sgt. Mark Malecki said Monday.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:49:56 pm »

Well, can you just imagine when Walker and Trump get their new Foxconn facility built? Not too awfully far from where this occurred.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 11:55:43 am »

I would suspect it involved motorcycle gangs.  It happened at a drag racing event, in an area where some rather violent groups of bikers are based (Satan's Disciples is one that comes to mind).  Motorsports events tend to draw these people. 
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:04:37 am »

Wow,

Bad Bikers turning motor raceways into battle grounds. I never thot about bikers because post 1960s, they appeared to really have cleaned their act up. Possibly not.

There's beaucoup bikers where I now live for almost 18 yrs. Nothing like this has been reported here. It's too bad that some (bikers) are hell bent to reverse that repaired image now carried by modern day bikers.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 12:26:12 pm »

Anywhere more than one of the "outlaw" biker gangs show up, there's the potential for such violence between their members.  There are a number of such gangs in the Milwaukee and northern Illinois area, and some of these gangs are among the most violent motorcycle gangs in the country.

There's a major Harley rally, each year, near where I lived a few years ago.  There were several places where local people knew better than to go, during the rally.  These areas were, pretty much, where the "outlaw" bikers hung out, and it just plain wasn't safe to go there.  A wrong look, or an ill-chosen word, could easily land you in the hospital.

At one local bar, a few years ago, one of the gangs decided they didn't like what one of the local guys said.  At least six of them knocked the guy to the ground, and began to kick him.  If the cops hadn't showed up, he likely would have been killed.  As it was, he was hospitalized for a couple of weeks, or so, in very serious condition.

As this was happening, a large crowd of people had gathered around, to watch.  Yet, when the cops were trying to identify the people involved, not one single person would identify them, to the cops.

This is only one of many examples of the violence that has been seen at this rally.  Yet, the town willingly promotes this rally, and allows itself to be completely overtaken by a biker population that grows to about 5 or 6 times the local population, because its estimated they spend, literally, millions of dollars at local motels, bars, gas stations, and restaurants, each year.
Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 02:27:44 pm »

Why anyone would want to go to Sturgis is beyond me. I guess if you want to see the bikes. Frank from American Pickers goes every year but I suspect to look at all the bikes which is the only reason I would go. Numerous friends I've talked to that have gone said the women aren't the reason... Oh, and btw, I watched a show on Tru TV once and they supposedly HATE it when you call them "gangs". They want to be called "clubs". They adamantly claim there is a big difference.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 06:47:39 pm »

There are many respectable, upstanding biker clubs. There are also outlaw gangs that are massive drug dealing businesses. Yes, they still exist. Even little old Indiana has some of those.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 08:16:00 pm »

Indeed, the vast majority of motorcycle clubs are respectable, Plato.

But, as they say, it only takes a couple of bad apples, to spoil a barrel.  At least a few of them usually manage to show up at motorcycle rallies, whether they're welcome or not.  And, until they do something, the cops are unable to keep them out, as long as it's a public event.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: