Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 03:34:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Naughty Daddy Bush - sexual harrasment allegations

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Naughty Daddy Bush - sexual harrasment allegations  (Read 470 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: October 28, 2017, 02:43:07 pm »

Just when we tend to think that there's at least one well behaved prez, well ..... we might want to think again. This also leads me to believe to wonder what other true naughty stories hasn't surfaced at all. I'm sure that there are a few.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-gop-state-senate-candidate-accuses-george-hw-bush-of-groping-her/ar-AAuafDU?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

The Hill
Julia Manchester
5 hrs ago

A former Republican candidate for Maine's state Senate accused former President George H.W. Bush of groping her on Friday, becoming the fourth woman to come forward to accuse the former president of sexual harassment.

Amanda Staples visited the former president at his family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, during her campaign in 2006.
Staples said Bush grabbed her from behind during a photo op, and said, "Oh I'm not THAT President."

Actress Heather Lind was the first to come forward, accusing Bush of touching her inappropriately from behind during a photo op.
New York actress Jordana Grolnick then shared her experience, followed by author Christina Baker Kline. Both women also said Bush touched them from behind during a photo.

Staples said she "couldn't help but share" her experience in wake of the three other women coming forward, according to The New York Post. 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 12:45:15 pm »

H. W. is confined to a wheelchair.  They were taking pictures, during which he put his arm around them (separate incidents).  The height of the wheelchair put his shoulder at about butt-level.  It's been said that he had his arm at about "low waist" level.  At least in the cases of the first two, both of them said (according to what I've read) that he touched them "... from behind" -- not that he actually touched their "behind".  Is it inappropriate to touch a woman at "low waist level?"  Or, did his arm slip down, and he touched them lower than "low waist" level?  None of the stories I've read stipulates.

The thing that makes his intentions pretty suspect, was the joke that he told each of them.  He asked them, "Do you know who my favorite magician is?  It's David Cop-a-feel."  Considering the joke and the actions together, it would seem that his behavior was, at the very least, in very poor taste.  Whether it rises to the level of being abusive, or assault, might be a bit of a stretch.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 12:48:53 pm »

Even though I think George HW Bush is a criminal and a liar as far as his claims about not working for the CIA, this could be much ado about nothing. The guy is 93 years old and getting more senile. BTW, Jimmy Carter is also 93 and holding his own. Make too much more about this and the Republicans will come up with "Well look at what Bill Clinton did"! All the relevant things going on in the world and you watch, the "important" news will be Mick Jagger and his twenty something year old girlfriend. 
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 01:49:38 pm »

One alleged sexual 'grope' took place in 2006, when Daddy Bush was fairly healthy and well (not in a wheelchair). That means that 4 women may not be telling the truth too. As much as I would like to believe a Bush over 4 women so far (probably Republican women), it's a little difficult for me to do so.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/10/27/pre-wheelchair-george-hw-bush-groped-me-2006-fourth-woman-accuses

On Friday, undermining an earlier (and absolutely unconvincing) defense that his behavior could somehow be excused because of his age or the Parkinson's disease from which he suffers, a fourth woman has come out to accuse former President George H. W. Bush of groping her—years before his illness placed him in a wheelchair.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
steelydan
Global Moderator

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 09:27:06 am »

Still... I'm not placing too much credence in this as far as what some people are trying to make of this. Even eleven years ago Bush was over 80 years old and I don't believe Bush was "fairly" healthy even back then. People can go downhill very quickly as well as day to day. I worked in a nursing home for a number of years while going to school and doing other things. I've seen senility firsthand especially among Alzheimer's patients. I even worked in an Alzheimer's unit.I watched an Uncle who was probably one of planet Earth's nicest people practically turn into a beast when he went into a nursing home. Getting old usually isn't pretty and personally I don't see the point of anyone pursuing this kind of news.   
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

A159
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 03:52:35 pm »

personally I don't see the point of anyone pursuing this kind of news

This seems to be what most men, sometimes some women, think as well. In all honesty, now that I am older, I've come to side with women who wish to be heard about how they feel violated.

As described below, Trump has acted like a rich spoiled creep around women probably most of his life. To those women, I'm sure they felt violated. They (some) also found an opportunity to finally be heard. I have to applaud their courage to do that. The question remains what should be done about Trump's sexual assault on them? Should we simply forget about it?

In the case of Daddy Bush, I don't expect him to go to jail over what he may have done to his accusers. I don't think that he will get a slap on the hand either. That's why I titled a thread calling him "naughty". I did so because I think that he at least deserves to be called that. The thread is designed to show my respect to those women who were probably violated. For me to give them a voice from a man (me). To allow conversation and opinions to originate from this topic matter. Are we to give a pass to those who sexually manhandle women without their consent? Should we ignore the story?? As many here know me by now, I respect everyone's opinion regardless if I agree with them or not. I do so (conversation) in my own effort to better understand mankind.

https://www.self.com/story/why-women-dont-report-sexual-assault
October 13, 2016
|
By Nina Bahadur

When women report sexual assault, the sad truth is that they aren't always believed. High-profile cases in the recent past prove this point: Radio host Jian Ghomeshi was accused of sexual harassment and r.pe. Over 36 women say Bill Cosby assaulted them. And recently, Donald Trump has been accused of groping, harassing, and assaulting several women. In each of these situations, women bravely shared their stories with the public—oftentimes dredging up memories they had buried for years or even decades. And instead of listening to what they have to say, many people dismissed them.

An important note: People of all genders can and do get assaulted, and there are unique challenges that men and genderqueer people face when reporting their experiences. But there is a specific, damaging myth that women fabricate r.pe accusations to ruin men's lives, and that stops so many people from reporting what happened to them. Survivors worry that they won't be believed.

People who doubt the accusers will commonly ask things like, Why didn't you ever go to the police about this? Why did it take you so long to speak up? Just because a woman didn't report an assault doesn't mean an assault never happened. As is stands, there are myriad reasons why a survivor might not want to disclose what happened to them.
Report Spam   Logged

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 04:12:42 pm »

Didn't GHWB go skydiving on his birthday in 2006? That's not something you see a man who's not fairly healthy do.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 07:19:25 pm »

There's a need to step back, and maybe get a little perspective, here.

Just what comprises "sexual assault"?  There's a world of difference, between ****, and unwanted touching.  Between violently forcing oneself on a woman, and touching a shoulder, a hip, a leg, or even a butt or a breast, without an invitation.

Yes, such unwanted touching is a violation, especially if the victim made her objection clear, before it happened.  But it doesn't equate to forcing oneself on a woman, whether through physical violence, or coercion.  It is beginning to sound like a lot of people are jumping on a bandwagon, filing accusations of sexual assault for "minor" incidents.  While those incidents do portray wrong-doing, they're beginning to overshadow the really serious behavior that some others depict.  Harvey Weinstein, reportedly, used his position of being able to "make or break" a woman's career, to force susceptible women to have sexual relations with him.  He used his position of power, to **** women.  I think that's just a bit more serious than whether or not The Original Bush "copped a feel" during a photo shoot.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 06:20:48 am »

Exactly what I was trying to say countryguy. (you made the point better I think). And when I said he was fairly healthy I did put that in quotations. ( he didn't solo and not sure when the last time was that he ever did that. He still could have been very sick when that occurred).  Most people by that age have something wrong with them and it's not always physical. No, we don't give people that sexual abuse others "a pass". But, sexual "harrasment"  normally involves something that is repeated. It's stated that way in many contracts and also employers work rules in their employee handbooks. Again, I want to say that it's not acceptable behavior and does violate most offensive behavior policies. Many times it leads to a hostile work environment and that's when lawsuits usually get started. I believe you take every situation seriously and then make a decision based on all the facts that fit that criteria. And in this case, with everything considered, I still think it's something I wouldn't pursue. 
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 07:35:14 am »

There's a need to step back, and maybe get a little perspective, here.

Just what comprises "sexual assault"?  There's a world of difference, between ****, and unwanted touching.  Between violently forcing oneself on a woman, and touching a shoulder, a hip, a leg, or even a butt or a breast, without an invitation.

Yes, such unwanted touching is a violation, especially if the victim made her objection clear, before it happened.  But it doesn't equate to forcing oneself on a woman, whether through physical violence, or coercion.  It is beginning to sound like a lot of people are jumping on a bandwagon, filing accusations of sexual assault for "minor" incidents.  While those incidents do portray wrong-doing, they're beginning to overshadow the really serious behavior that some others depict.  Harvey Weinstein, reportedly, used his position of being able to "make or break" a woman's career, to force susceptible women to have sexual relations with him.  He used his position of power, to **** women.  I think that's just a bit more serious than whether or not The Original Bush "copped a feel" during a photo shoot.
We're not saying that Daddy Bush raped these women, but touched them improperly. That's still violating a woman. Thusly, as far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't serve time in jail for his 'feels'. I'm grateful to these women that he improperly touched/groped for outing him. Daddy Bush's less than a slap on the hand became something being put into print for all to read. It shines a light on those who are of big money and power abusing whomever they choose. The mindset that goes with big money and power.

The other excellent example to point out was how Trump treated women. He also shouldn't have serve time in jail for his wording and groping. Altho in his case with being younger than Daddy Bush, he should have possibly been charged with sexual misconduct (sounds softer than sexual assault) and lightly punished if found guilty by a judge or jury.

Maybe now, Daddy Bush will watch where he places his hands on women after this. Trump ..... well, not sure if simply showing all what he did would ever stop him from doing it again. He is one who need to learn his lesson the hard way. 
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 01:14:52 pm »

Like I stated earlier here, I bet a dollar to a donut that Daddy Bush's behavior feeling up girls and women have gone on for a long while in his life. So much, it's normal for him to do this. A 16 yr old (at the time) has come forward.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/woman-says-george-hw-bush-groped-her-when-she-was-16-i-was-a-child/ar-BBETMk8?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Roslyn Corrigan was sixteen years old when she got a chance to meet George H.W. Bush, excited to be introduced to a former president having grown up dreaming of going into politics.

But Corrigan was crushed by her encounter: Bush, then 79 years old, groped her buttocks at a November 2003 event in The Woodlands, Texas, office of the Central Intelligence Agency where Corrigan’s father gathered with fellow intelligence officers and family members to meet Bush, Corrigan said. Corrigan is the sixth woman since Oct. 24 to accuse Bush publicly of grabbing her buttocks without consent.

Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 01:26:43 pm »

So, five or six now. And Bush was the guy who couldn't remember what he was doing the day Kennedy was killed, said he never worked for the CIA, claimed he was "out of the loop", and wanted us to read his lips. I bet even this won't jog his memory...
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 03:01:21 pm »

Good point, sd. None, of which surprises me ..... about his true behind the scenes operations that hurt America more than helped her. I've said this many times before, he's the one who opened the door into our ME clusterf*ck. He knew exactly what he was doing when he did that. Just as he knew what he was doing when he groped teens and grown women ..... because he was of THE POWER to do it. Ppl may wonder why I won't ever salute scumbags like daddy and jr ...... or happily refer to them as 'my' president. I have a fairly long list as to why I won't. And yes, even as much as I loved and respected JFK ..... he failed as a respectable husband and father. He just so happened to have been one of our best ever short lived Prez. IMHO
Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 03:16:35 pm »

I agree. I think our country would have been better served if the right wing radicals wouldn't have killed him. So after all the new things have been released about him (mostly), is the consensus it really was a conspiracy? I'm surprised we haven't heard more about this. I figured they would never release names as their would be anarchy among the populace. Just another lie from Trump.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 03:01:20 pm »

Now there is an earlier allegation of grab azz by Daddy Bush while he was still Prez. 1992

I still believe that there are more women or girls who have been sexually advanced on by Daddy Bush. I'd like to see them all come forward only to show that because these pervs who make it into office force their misconduct onto others and that's what needs to come out. Many simply keep their mouths shut until death. IMHO

First on CNN: New George H.W. Bush accuser says he groped her during 1992 re-election campaign

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/first-on-cnn-new-george-hw-bush-accuser-says-he-groped-her-during-1992-re-election-campaign/ar-BBF3wrO?li=AA4ZnC&ocid=spartanntp
CNN
By Athena Jones, CNN
11 mins ago

Former President George H.W. Bush is facing new allegations from a Michigan woman who said he touched her inappropriately while he was in office at an event in April 1992.

The woman, now 55, spoke exclusively with CNN and said she was attending a fundraiser for Bush's re-election campaign in Dearborn, Michigan, with her father when the president grabbed her rear end during a photo-op.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: