Dezarae's Politics & More
April 18, 2024, 03:35:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Has Trump suffered a mini-stroke?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Trump suffered a mini-stroke?  (Read 584 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:45:49 pm »

I think he has. Wasn't it a couple weeks ago that he had to hold his water bottle with both hands? Now this. It wouldn't be the first time that all the president's men hid a president's health problem.

https://www.wsls.com/health/did-president-trump-slur-his-speech

By JEN CHRISTENSEN , CNN
Posted: 9:53 PM, December 06, 2017

(CNN) - While President Donald Trump was giving his historic speech Wednesday to announce that the United States would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, some on the internet focused on the manner in which he made his statement.

Toward the end of the news conference, some on Twitter and Facebook noted that the President's usual speech pattern changed and that he started to slur his words -- and they speculated about what it could mean.

People can slur their words for any number of reasons. It can be a sign of problems with a nervous system disorder like a brain tumor or a stroke. People who have cerebral palsy or Guillain-Barré Syndrome can struggle with slurring. Multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, Lyme disease, Huntington's, Myasthenia gravis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson's and Wilson's disease all can cause it.

Dental work -- such as ill-fitting dentures -- can also be blamed. Medication can impact speech, as can drugs and alcohol. Or people can simply slur their words when they get tired.

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:10:44 pm »

Or more ominously, slurring is simply an accurate reflection of his thinking process.

(& if you listened to his opening rant back when he came down the escalator ages ago, to revile us with his presence, slurring is his basic rhetorical device in any event.  So what's the diff?)

Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 10:35:26 am »

I tend to agree, Hoosier.  Trump's brain can't keep up with his mouth.  He tries to say things that he hasn't quite thought of, yet.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:31:14 pm »

I have some experience with stroke(s). I know that it does slur speech. Plus, he slurred his words (more towards the end of his bs speech while reading off prompter. I also noticed (as explained in op) that several weeks ago, Trump struggled holding his water bottle to his mouth (both hands and not fully using his one hand normally). I do agree that Trump has a problem synchronizing his brain with his mouth. That's the fast talking con in him. But he's been slurring his words more lately. Ppl can have many mini strokes in one day. I'm thinking that's what is going on with him now. His brain is puking on him. 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 05:06:51 pm »

Indeed, many people have multiple strokes, and don't even realize.  Looking back, I realize how I didn't make the connection, until I had the one that put me in the hospital.  There were numerous times that I would feel lightheaded, and/or I would lose my equilibrium, for a minute or two.  I suppose, to some extent, there was a certain element of denial going on.

The incident where Trump had to use both hands to drink water, kinda hits home -- I remember being at the kitchen sink, trying to drink water, and I just couldn't hit my mouth with the glass.  That's when my wife called the ambulance.  By the time we got to the emergency room, I was coming out of it, already.  The local emergency room had a video hook-up with a neurologist from Marshfield Clinic, who later said that, at that point, if my speech hadn't been slurred, she wouldn't have guessed that Id had a stroke.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 05:57:03 pm »

Scary! My brother had a mini stroke and then six months later had a major stroke and died. @ 15 years ago my brother in law had a major stroke and has lived to tell about it. He's a former NFL football player who many have said owe his longer term survival to that fact. His work ethic, his training and workout routine probably helped him with the after effects. He's getting up there in age now but other then a little slurred speech if you met him you would probably never even know.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 01:27:06 pm »

Playing in the NFL may have worked in the other direction. The sad trail of Cumulative Trauma Encephalopathy from the playing fields to the suffering of retired players is a terrible thing.
Report Spam   Logged
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 02:02:15 pm »

Yup, I've never been a fan of professional football.  If it's men bashing each other senseless, you might as well watch boxing (again, not a fan).  For sheer carnage, it's Spanish-style bullfighting, where it's to the death - for either party, although typically the matador makes it off the arena (even if he needs some medical help along the way).   

I'm looking forward to the end of professional football in the US - too much like a very long Two minute hate to me.  Granted, it sells cars & beer & stuff.  I'm pretty sure the republic will survive the shock of going cold turkey on this particular kind of mayhem.   
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 04:03:13 pm »

Indeed, many people have multiple strokes, and don't even realize.  Looking back, I realize how I didn't make the connection, until I had the one that put me in the hospital.  There were numerous times that I would feel lightheaded, and/or I would lose my equilibrium, for a minute or two.  I suppose, to some extent, there was a certain element of denial going on.

The incident where Trump had to use both hands to drink water, kinda hits home -- I remember being at the kitchen sink, trying to drink water, and I just couldn't hit my mouth with the glass.  That's when my wife called the ambulance.  By the time we got to the emergency room, I was coming out of it, already.  The local emergency room had a video hook-up with a neurologist from Marshfield Clinic, who later said that, at that point, if my speech hadn't been slurred, she wouldn't have guessed that Id had a stroke.
I didn't know that about you, but then, many doesn't know that about me as well. Mine wasn't from a bad ticker. My brain developed a dead spot about the size of a nickel. My stroke came on in slow motion too, after the initial extreme pain in both my left arm and leg. Then for the next 20 hrs, the weirdest crap I've ever felt like worms were sliding back and forth up and down in my leg and arm .... to hand and foot. As it did, those areas turned dead like. I went to the emergency room at the VA and after a brain scan, they sent me home to hook up with primary doc. I didn't see him until 3 weeks later. Yeah, I could have died in the meantime.... but didn't. My therapists went ballistic upon hearing this. I told them, what's the prob, it's the VA. That I was very used to this. They basically shook their heads in disbelief. What really pizzed me off back during 2005, was when I went there after my eyelid stuck open. I was kinda seen by a different type of doc (eye doc) (not a neurologist .... they only came around something like once a mth and they were booked something like 5 mths out.)  who said that I prob had MG. But, they were not in a position to make it their final decision being an eye doc. It wasn't until after 5 mths of pure hell with my body that they (neurology) got me on meds ..... but the real pizzer was that if they had treated me when I was first there, the MG was reversible. There's something like only about 2 weeks to be treated in order to reverse it. So now, I have it for the rest of my life. THANKS VA!!!

Anyways, if you all kinda worry about my mentality here, there's 3 reasons to understand why I'm close to being silly putty. MG, sensory stroke and OLD AGE! lol

Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 08:52:32 pm »

Playing in the NFL may have worked in the other direction. The sad trail of Cumulative Trauma Encephalopathy from the playing fields to the suffering of retired players is a terrible thing.

Another good thing in his case is that he has been very instrumental in getting help for a number of the retired players in the form of money. He's fought a good battle with the NFL to recognize the players that got the game to this level in the first place as far as money making ability. At least they have something now and some concern has come their way. He even participated in a study for the league concerning why so many of them die in their fifties. It's a brutal sport for sure...
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 08:56:38 pm »

Yup, I've never been a fan of professional football.  If it's men bashing each other senseless, you might as well watch boxing (again, not a fan).  For sheer carnage, it's Spanish-style bullfighting, where it's to the death - for either party, although typically the matador makes it off the arena (even if he needs some medical help along the way).   

I'm looking forward to the end of professional football in the US - too much like a very long Two minute hate to me.  Granted, it sells cars & beer & stuff.  I'm pretty sure the republic will survive the shock of going cold turkey on this particular kind of mayhem.   

And just think, the UFC,MMA "sports" are even worse. If you pummeled people the way they do in the Octagon out on the street, you would be charged with a felony and thrown in jail. They ought to do a study on THAT sport and try to rationalize all the brain trauma that takes place to the American people. Sometimes it's hard to believe that so called "sport" can even be legal. Usually, they rationalize it by saying you know the circumstances going in. But, do they really you think?
Report Spam   Logged

hoosier88
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 09:39:58 pm »

And just think, the UFC,MMA "sports" are even worse. If you pummeled people the way they do in the Octagon out on the street, you would be charged with a felony and thrown in jail. They ought to do a study on THAT sport and try to rationalize all the brain trauma that takes place to the American people. Sometimes it's hard to believe that so called "sport" can even be legal. Usually, they rationalize it by saying you know the circumstances going in. But, do they really you think?

Why, No, of course they don't think so - or they don't think it could possibly happen to them.  These are usually fairly young guys (& gals, I suppose), who are fit, well-coordinated, maybe have some regular boxing experience behind them.  They may think that they are invincible.

& the real kicker (!) - even if they do know the circumstances going in, the sloshing of their brain in their brainpan will shortly guarantee that they'll have that knowledge - & pretty much all other too, if they keep it up - beaten right out of them.  Along with short-term memory, speech center, facial recognition, voluntary muscle control, balance, possibly right down to involuntary muscle control - although @ that point, I believe they typically simply die - lack of oxygen to CNS, heart, etc.  Invariably fatal. 

Once boxing & pro football, maybe professional hockey are banned as blood sport, maybe the big spurts franchises on TV will get legislation passed that prisoners on death row can volunteer for these kinds of assisted suicide - for a fee to their next-of-kin, of course. 
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 10:48:25 pm »

And John McCain called it human c**k fighting at one time before softening his stance on the issue. One of the few times I agreed with him on something and he had to go let me down once again when he realized that millions of people watch that crap. A lot of votes he may have lost... Interesting that you brought up hockey too. I grew up playing hockey and the fighting that they claim brings people's interest is exactly what I think drives them away.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 04:48:52 pm »

I prefer to think Trump is a drunk...... Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 04:49:57 pm »

I didn't know that about you, but then, many doesn't know that about me as well. Mine wasn't from a bad ticker. My brain developed a dead spot about the size of a nickel. My stroke came on in slow motion too, after the initial extreme pain in both my left arm and leg. Then for the next 20 hrs, the weirdest crap I've ever felt like worms were sliding back and forth up and down in my leg and arm .... to hand and foot. As it did, those areas turned dead like. I went to the emergency room at the VA and after a brain scan, they sent me home to hook up with primary doc. I didn't see him until 3 weeks later. Yeah, I could have died in the meantime.... but didn't. My therapists went ballistic upon hearing this. I told them, what's the prob, it's the VA. That I was very used to this. They basically shook their heads in disbelief. What really pizzed me off back during 2005, was when I went there after my eyelid stuck open. I was kinda seen by a different type of doc (eye doc) (not a neurologist .... they only came around something like once a mth and they were booked something like 5 mths out.)  who said that I prob had MG. But, they were not in a position to make it their final decision being an eye doc. It wasn't until after 5 mths of pure hell with my body that they (neurology) got me on meds ..... but the real pizzer was that if they had treated me when I was first there, the MG was reversible. There's something like only about 2 weeks to be treated in order to reverse it. So now, I have it for the rest of my life. THANKS VA!!!

Anyways, if you all kinda worry about my mentality here, there's 3 reasons to understand why I'm close to being silly putty. MG, sensory stroke and OLD AGE! lol

I'm sorry to hear this happen to you, A159.  Do you do regular check ups with the VA? 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: