Dezarae's Politics & More
April 18, 2024, 08:38:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

You Don't Get Any More Republican, Than The State That Just Rejected Trump

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You Don't Get Any More Republican, Than The State That Just Rejected Trump  (Read 518 times)
countryguy

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« on: December 13, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »

They just don't get any redder.  Alabama is as conservative as any state in the union.

And, they just told Trump to take a hike.

First, President Orange backed Luther Strange, the incumbent senator, in the primaries.  The Republican Alabamans slapped him square in the face, nominating a low-life like Roy Moore, instead.  After much equivocating, Trump came out in support of Moore, despite everything he'd called Moore, during the primaries.  And, again, the people of Alabama turned away.  It would seem that, at least in Alabama, at least at the current time, the worst thing a political hopeful could have, is the support of the President of the United States.

Which is quite a turn-around, from the election of just over a year ago, in which Trump carried Alabama by, I believe, almost 30%.

Maybe - just maybe - the political pendulum is finally starting to swing back.  Just maybe, Trump's election marked the limit, to how far right, it can go.

One sure can hope.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:20:58 pm »

Yea, well, we'll see after 2018 and 2020... I'm pretty cynical when it comes to how far right this Country really is.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 07:39:07 pm »

Yep, it's hard to tell what the problem was with Moore.  He'd put himself way out there on the huge 10 Commandments monument he'd installed in the AL state courthouse, & then refusing Federal court order on same-sex marriage (?)  In both cases, he was removed from office, as I recall.

Given all that, plus his remarks on current society, the accusations of sexual improprieties with underage teenagers were probably just too much for the electorate to stomach.  I never thought he was a good candidate, but he's certainly put himself forward often enough.   @ 70 years old, I think he's pretty well done with elections.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 12:43:39 pm »

In deed Alabama rejected Moore, but it was a close one. The blk vote really carried Jones over the finish line by a nose. Of course, Trumper acted like he knew this would happen...... more the same ole same ole con bullsh*t by Trump. I too believe that Moore will retire on his poor horse. Someone should remove all animals of his, by the way. I do imagine that Moore may find a home at Fox. They love them some whackos and Moore fits right in.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: