Dezarae's Politics & More
April 20, 2024, 05:06:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Trump to go FULL BORE campaigning mid term elections

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump to go FULL BORE campaigning mid term elections  (Read 481 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: December 16, 2017, 04:03:47 pm »

Some might feel that the Campaigner in Chief may actually help the Dems during the 2018 elections.  Wink

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/after-alabama-loss-trump-has-ambitious-plans-to-campaign-in-2018-midterms/ar-BBGOTqI?ocid=spartanntp
[12pt]Trump has ambitious plans to campaign in 2018 midterms [/size]
Josh Dawsey, Michael Scherer

President Trump is not on the ballot in 2018, but the White House is planning a full-throttle campaign to plunge the president into the midterm elections, according to senior officials and advisers familiar with the planning.

Trump's political aides have met with 116 candidates for office in recent months, according to senior White House officials, seeking to become involved in Senate, House and gubernatorial races — and possibly contested Republican primaries as well.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 05:32:43 pm »

Ah, that explains why I already feel throttled & bored by the Trump's antics.  With yet more to come, eh?

But given his legislative winning! record to date, wouldn't it make more sense to tag him as the Champagner in Chief?  & by campaign time, I believe the Trump will have the full-blown reverse Midas touch - which also needs a name.  The Sadim touch?  (Like the Erised mirror in the Harry Pottertm series.)

& so good to hear that @ least his plans are ambitious.  The way he hies himself off to the golf course &/or Margy Lago @ every opportunity - & @ taxpayer expense, natch' - you'd think the man was a slugabed.

So - a bottle of champagne, some nice crackers, the wooden spoon for the caviar (or do you think the 24-karat gold spoon, for the occasion?), Jeeves, if you please.  & now to watch the potential GOP candidates run for the hills @ the Trumper's mere approach ... then on to the bloodies & barbies & finally, the stirrup cup! 
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 05:30:57 pm »

You have a great way with words, hoosier88. 

I tire of his insanity, too.  I have to take breaks from him and the corporate news.  But I do believe he will help the democrats ONLY if they put forth liberal democrats. They try to repeat neoliberalism as they did with Clinton, I fear another term for whomever replaces Trump and Pence when they are indicted..... Evil
Report Spam   Logged
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 06:09:03 pm »

Tks, Tabby.  Yah, I used to think that Pres. W was the absolute scrapings of the bottom of the political barrel.  Who knew that the GOP would go into fracking & dredge up the dregs hisself - the Trump.  Presumably the last Trump.

I think the last full eructation of his I've listened to was his debut as he formally declared his candidacy, coming down the escalator.  I was appalled then & I continue to be appalled @ his speeches.  Somehow, he manages to find exactly the wrong thing to say, & he goes @ it with all the grace of a wood chipper devouring a human hand. The sound effects are also pretty much as I imagine the real-life counterpart would go:  screaming, groans, sobbing & so on.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 01:20:02 pm »

thumbs up thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 01:20:20 pm »

Yup.   thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 09:05:42 pm »

Trump wrapping himself up in campaigning might be the best thing that could happen, for the country.  It would keep him away from the White House, much of the time.  The congresscritters will be tied up in their campaigns, themselves, so next-to-nothing will get done, there.  If involving himself in congressional campaigns keeps Trump from signing executive orders, we could enjoy a lull in his dismantling of America.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Tabby

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 02:22:37 pm »

True.  But campaigning seldom keeps him from tweeting.  Tweeting from Trump is the stuff of wars. angry
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: