Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 06:14:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Bimbo Haley debunked by a former Marine Corps intelligence officer

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bimbo Haley debunked by a former Marine Corps intelligence officer  (Read 819 times)
countryguy

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 03:46:43 pm »

The Republicans may be willing to put their prejudices aside enough to elect a woman, if they think it would win them the womens' vote -- but, to expect that they could swallow hard enough to elect a black woman?  That's pushing just a bit -- no, way more than a bit -- too far.

No matter how subservient she is.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 03:29:43 pm »

I certainly can agree that deep down, that's the last thing Repubs want to happen under the R hat. Not sure if there is a Repub version of Oprah that they would wish to float out their in 2020. But, what do you think about Hispanic Gov Susanna Martinez who may try it? I don't think that Repubs are crazy about Hispanics either.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 04:12:52 pm »

No, they're not crazy about Hispanics, at all.

And, the single issue that "conservatives" care about most, right now -- is their wall, and immigration "reform" that will keep any more Hispanics out.  I have no doubt, that a rather significant share of the conservative "base" would assume that anyone with a surname like Martinez couldn't, possibly, share their immigration agenda.
Report Spam   Logged

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 05:24:28 pm »

Not sure if there is a Repub version of Oprah that they would wish to float out their in 2020. But, what do you think about Hispanic Gov Susanna Martinez who may try it? I don't think that Repubs are crazy about Hispanics either.

NM's Gobernadora Martínez disavows any interest in the job.  She's term-limited, has a sister with developmental issues that she cares for.  & her dream job was DA in Las Cruces - she's currently stumping to bring back the death penalty in NM - even though the budget's in parlous state, there are various court cases moving forward on inadequate state education efforts, her head of the NM DOE bailed on her, & death penalty cases drag on & on & cost lots of money (over & above the normal incarceration costs - No matter!)

She also failed to kiss Trump's ring as he barnstormed the state - probably a plus, from the look of things.  But I expect she's serious about not running for president, & certainly not in the GOP freefall that I expect once the Trump leaves office - or is removed, whichever comes first.

Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 02:07:57 pm »

Given Trump's racists go to attacks on nations of brown and black people and President Obama, I'm not sure if there will be much diversity left in the Repubilcan party.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 02:28:42 pm »

Yet, for some unknown, unGodly reason, there are still black republicans.  There are still gay, "log cabin republicans".  There are still republican women.  And, the deep south still votes republican.

None of those groupings make any sense.  All of them are, clearly, voting against their best interests.

But, then ........... that could be said about any republican, who doesn't have at least a seven-figure annual income.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 07:21:03 pm »

Yet, for some unknown, unGodly reason, there are still black republicans.  There are still gay, "log cabin republicans".  There are still republican women.  And, the deep south still votes republican.

None of those groupings make any sense.  All of them are, clearly, voting against their best interests.

But, then ........... that could be said about any republican, who doesn't have at least a seven-figure annual income.

Yeah, but the Trumper supporters are dwindling in number.  Still, I am forever knocked out when Trumper brings out the black repubilcan from the senate on parade to prove "he's not racist."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: