Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 03:27:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Iran protests and death toll grow as tension rises

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran protests and death toll grow as tension rises  (Read 295 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: January 02, 2018, 01:21:18 pm »

Keep in mind that since TrumpCo took DC over last yr, sanctions and oil embargos against Iran has caused financial struggles along with higher food/gas prices that brings any country of ppl to anger.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-protests-and-death-toll-grow-as-tension-rises/ar-BBHM3jd?OCID=ansmsnnews11
The Washington Post
Erin Cunningham
2 hrs ago

Many young Iranians are frustrated by limits on reformers, including President Hassan Rouhani, to push for greater social freedoms and political openness in a country where the ruling clerics still hold all the cards. Working-class Iranians and others, meanwhile, are increasingly unhappy with a stagnant economy despite the lifting of international sanctions under the nuclear accord with world powers.

Even in the words of Trumper himself, he admits the situation in Iran is because of such higher prices but refers to all of that as them seeking their 'freedoms'. Sure reminds me of BushCo and bs freedoms.

“The people of Iran are finally acting against the brutal and corrupt Iranian regime,” Trump posted on Twitter on Tuesday. “All of the money that President Obama so foolishly gave them went into terrorism and into their 'pockets.' The people have little food, big inflation and no human rights. The U.S. is watching!”

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 08:12:55 pm »

I think Trump is a Manchurian candidate.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 05:34:57 pm »

Looks like the left here are supporting the Iranian thugs. SAD.
Report Spam   Logged
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 06:52:01 pm »

Very Tantor-ish phrasing.  No, I think the mullahs in Iran - their administration - is trying to storm modern technology - specifically high-energy nuclear physics & nuclear weapons tech & engineering IRBM & ICBM, with nuke warheads - based on an unreconstructed Islamist ideology.  I don't think it can be done - Iran doesn't have the depth of people & resources to wage all the battles they're trying to take on, my opinion.

I'm not fond of the mullahs @ all - & even though the US allowed itself to be used by the Brit cousins against the Iranian nationalization of the UK oil interests - because the Brits refused to honor their contracts with Iran - I don't blame Iran for that.  Pres. Truman managed to resist the British blandishments to make Iran safe for BP (I think it was).  The incoming Pres. Eisenhower, with the Dulles brothers eager to slip the leash, couldn't resist the chance to operate beneath the World radar & on the cheap (cheaper than the buildup of conventional war-fighting capacity, in any event).

The mullahs in Iran are absolutely opposed to Western liberal ideology, religion, politics, tolerance, morals, literature, culture, entertainment, liquor - down to the smallest detail.  They are not our friends nor allies, no matter what kinds of noises they make.   
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 07:25:27 pm »

Very Tantor-ish phrasing.  No, I think the mullahs in Iran - their administration - is trying to storm modern technology - specifically high-energy nuclear physics & nuclear weapons tech & engineering IRBM & ICBM, with nuke warheads - based on an unreconstructed Islamist ideology.  I don't think it can be done - Iran doesn't have the depth of people & resources to wage all the battles they're trying to take on, my opinion.

I'm not fond of the mullahs @ all - & even though the US allowed itself to be used by the Brit cousins against the Iranian nationalization of the UK oil interests - because the Brits refused to honor their contracts with Iran - I don't blame Iran for that.  Pres. Truman managed to resist the British blandishments to make Iran safe for BP (I think it was).  The incoming Pres. Eisenhower, with the Dulles brothers eager to slip the leash, couldn't resist the chance to operate beneath the World radar & on the cheap (cheaper than the buildup of conventional war-fighting capacity, in any event).

The mullahs in Iran are absolutely opposed to Western liberal ideology, religion, politics, tolerance, morals, literature, culture, entertainment, liquor - down to the smallest detail.  They are not our friends nor allies, no matter what kinds of noises they make.  

I don't know. I think the women in Iran have FAR more freedoms than they do in the Islamic Fundamentalist ISIS mentality of the SUNNI muslims in Saudi Arabia and other places.

Seems to me, Israel has made nice with Saudi Arabia. Figures, both torture people and illegally invade other nations as we do.  But I think Israel wants Iran gone and Saudi Arabia wants it annexed.
Report Spam   Logged
hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 08:56:34 pm »

I don't know. I think the women in Iran have FAR more freedoms than they do in the Islamic Fundamentalist ISIS mentality of the SUNNI muslims in Saudi Arabia and other places.

Seems to me, Israel has made nice with Saudi Arabia. Figures, both torture people and illegally invade other nations as we do.  But I think Israel wants Iran gone and Saudi Arabia wants it annexed.

Yah, I've lost track of women's issues in Iran - their situation under the Shahs (as long as they stayed out of politics, of course) were analogous to those of women in the West generally.  Under the mullahs - the right to starve, not have choices in the economy nor politics - is still starvation & lack of options, regardless of theoretical juridical rights

The Wahhabis in Saudi are deeply entrenched in the ruling paradigm there, no doubt of it.  They provided the foot soldiers that helped the Saud family cement their place in the hierarchy - & the Wahhabis take advantage of their role as dispensers of Islamic approval to run roughshod over any dissenters - other than the princes & associates of the royal family, of course.  It's hard to picture any real change in the Saudi polity without somehow going around the Wahhabis & the religious police - also Wahhabi.  & the equipping of heavily state-subsidized mosques & training hard-core Salafist clergy (who are exported to serve the Islamic World outside Saudi) also needs to be redirected. 

Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 01:46:41 pm »

You didn't say whether you think the "thugs" in Iran are the guys running the country with an iron fist, or the people protesting in the streets. I won't try to read your mind.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: