Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 07:04:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

GOP campaigns took $7.35 million from oligarch linked to Russia

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP campaigns took $7.35 million from oligarch linked to Russia  (Read 517 times)
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Badges: (View All)
Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« on: January 03, 2018, 07:18:34 pm »

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/08/03/tangled-web-connects-russian-oligarch-money-gop-campaigns

Party loyalty is often cited as the reason that GOP leaders have not been more outspoken in their criticism of President Donald Trump and his refusal to condemn Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election. Yet there may be another reason that top Republicans have not been more vocal in their condemnation. Perhaps it's because they have their own links to the Russian oligarchy that they would prefer go unnoticed.
Donald Trump and the political action committees for Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Lindsey Graham, John Kasich and John McCain accepted $7.35 million in contributions from a Ukrainian-born oligarch who is the business partner of two of Russian president Vladimir Putin's favorite oligarchs and a Russian government bank.
During the 2015-2016 election season, Ukrainian-born billionaire Leonard "Len" Blavatnik contributed $6.35 million to leading Republican candidates and incumbent senators. Mitch McConnell was the top recipient of Blavatnik's donations, collecting $2.5 million for his GOP Senate Leadership Fund under the names of two of Blavatnik's holding companies, Access Industries and AI Altep Holdings, according to Federal Election Commission documents and OpenSecrets.org.

The reason they won't impeach Trump?

Isn't this illegal?  Shouldn't we fire them all.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 01:18:17 pm »

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/08/03/tangled-web-connects-russian-oligarch-money-gop-campaigns

Party loyalty is often cited as the reason that GOP leaders have not been more outspoken in their criticism of President Donald Trump and his refusal to condemn Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election. Yet there may be another reason that top Republicans have not been more vocal in their condemnation. Perhaps it's because they have their own links to the Russian oligarchy that they would prefer go unnoticed.
Donald Trump and the political action committees for Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Lindsey Graham, John Kasich and John McCain accepted $7.35 million in contributions from a Ukrainian-born oligarch who is the business partner of two of Russian president Vladimir Putin's favorite oligarchs and a Russian government bank.
During the 2015-2016 election season, Ukrainian-born billionaire Leonard "Len" Blavatnik contributed $6.35 million to leading Republican candidates and incumbent senators. Mitch McConnell was the top recipient of Blavatnik's donations, collecting $2.5 million for his GOP Senate Leadership Fund under the names of two of Blavatnik's holding companies, Access Industries and AI Altep Holdings, according to Federal Election Commission documents and OpenSecrets.org.

You'd think that it was illegal. We've been seeing what 2 faced hypocritical politicians they'd been since BushCo. So much, we're becoming more numbed by it all with each passing yr mth. So much, it's all pretty much the norm.

So, ole Kasich and McCain have cashed in on this Russian generosity also. Rubio too!! Scum buckets!

It's a decent idea to fire most of them, but it seems like any new ones who may take their place are tainted a yr or 2 after they make it into office. It's one corrupt machine and I don't see a new rebuilt engine being installed in our lifetime. In fact, not in the next few generations either. 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Tabby

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 04:18:51 pm »

You'd think that it was illegal. We've been seeing what 2 faced hypocritical politicians they'd been since BushCo. So much, we're becoming more numbed by it all with each passing yr mth. So much, it's all pretty much the norm.

So, ole Kasich and McCain have cashed in on this Russian generosity also. Rubio too!! Scum buckets!

It's a decent idea to fire most of them, but it seems like any new ones who may take their place are tainted a yr or 2 after they make it into office. It's one corrupt machine and I don't see a new rebuilt engine being installed in our lifetime. In fact, not in the next few generations either. 

There's the key.  Fire the second group.  Run for office and do so as an Independent. I truly believe Independents have a better chance of winning elections in 2018 and 2020 than either party does.
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 04:23:54 pm »

I'm wondering who is going to run in ANY party at this point...
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Tabby

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 04:25:18 pm »

I'm wondering who is going to run in ANY party at this point...

I think a lot of candidates may turn Independent.  You can LEAN Liberal or Conservative, but you don't have to abide by party guidelines.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:19:57 pm »

To successfully run as an independent, in most races, you have to find a "bank" big enough to replace the funding available from the two major parties.  Like it or not, saturation advertising works.

That's a pretty tall order, in most places.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Tabby

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 04:16:04 pm »

Just vote out your incumbents.   Do not reelect anyone.  It will put dems in the majority but remove that smug corporate ownership from the party somewhat.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 04:16:46 pm »

To successfully run as an independent, in most races, you have to find a "bank" big enough to replace the funding available from the two major parties.  Like it or not, saturation advertising works.

That's a pretty tall order, in most places.

Not true.  You canvass and you have town hall meetings and go personal on people. Since its a state or local election, there's not as much time nor money needed as in a national elections.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: