Dezarae's Politics & More
April 16, 2024, 09:25:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

In Voter Panel Fallout, Trump's DOJ Slammed for "Rich Blend of Arrogance & Conte

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In Voter Panel Fallout, Trump's DOJ Slammed for "Rich Blend of Arrogance & Conte  (Read 314 times)
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Badges: (View All)
Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« on: January 07, 2018, 03:24:18 pm »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/01/07/voter-panel-fallout-trumps-doj-slammed-rich-blend-arrogance-contempt-rule-law

. . .

On Dec. 22, a federal court agreed with Dunlap's assertion that he had been denied access to key documents, thus barring his full participation, and ordered the commission to provide them to Dunlap. As the LA Times reported at the time, Dunlap

wanted access to, among other things, communications about how to select experts who would testify before the committee and the scheduling of meetings. At the core of his lawsuit, Dunlap argued that the voter fraud commission had run afoul of the 1972 Federal Advisory Committee Act, which requires transparency and balanced membership for government advisory groups.

But DOJ lawyers wrote Friday that Dunlap no longer has the right to access the documents because the commission is defunct; his rights are the same as those of the general public.

Dunlap lashed out at the response.

"Perhaps the only surprising aspect of the Department of Justice response is their rich blend of arrogance and contempt for the rule of law," he wrote, calling its decision "unthinkable, unconscionable, and un-American."

"The actions taken by the administration going forward will have an immense impact on every American voter—and they plan on doing that under cover of darkness, without interference from a free people who deserve the fruits of liberty that the checks and balances of government promise them; a promise the Department of Justice is now denying," he added.

. . .

Anyone who doesn't see a Russian/fascist had behind this president and his administration is blind, imho.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 12:13:42 pm »

Rather than have the commission meet and act in the light of day, as the law requires, the Trump Organization shut it down before holding a single meeting. No sense letting The People see what you're doing to democracy!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 07:11:36 pm »

Rather than have the commission meet and act in the light of day, as the law requires, the Trump Organization shut it down before holding a single meeting. No sense letting The People see what you're doing to democracy!

Yeah, they are quite good at Russian subversive tactics.  Never met a President I distrusted more.  NOR a Vice President I also distrusted.
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 03:04:11 pm »

You trusted Agnew and Cheney more than Pence?
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 07:20:02 am »

thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Tabby

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 04:32:02 pm »

You trusted Agnew and Cheney more than Pence?

Yup.  They didn't look at the us as a theocracy to be taken over by a New Age Religious cult developed in the 1970's. Any Veep who seeks to overthrow my democracy is the biggest threat we have.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/2/1615825/-Mike-Pence-Is-A-Theocrat-His-Christian-Supremacist-Followers-Seek-To-Take-Over-America-Seriously

Despite all the hand wringing and hysteria about the upcoming "presidency" of Donald Trump, the plain truth is that the Trump campaign stated in no uncertain terms that Vice President Mike Pence will in fact be in charge of "foreign and domestic affairs."  What will that look like? Again, plainly, Mike Pence is not only the de facto leader of the Republican party, which is no longer the party of conservatism but is now the party of nationalism; but more importantly Mike Pence is at the head of another, far more dangerous Republican group, the "Christian Supremacists;" who are committed to taking over the government of the United States of America.  Preposterous, you say? Please read further. 

Mike Pence found religion at approximately the same time that he found a way to succeed in politics. When asked about his religious conversion, Pence has stated that listening to a Christian music festival in college called him to Jesus. However, Pence's appearance on the airwaves and his appearance at Grace Evangelical Church in Indianapolis both took place in the late eighties, early nineties, perhaps coincidentally.

Pence's start in radio came when he lost a second Congressional race in 1988 and was commiserating in his law office when he got a call from a Rushville, Indiana woman, Sharon Disinger, who made him an offer he couldn't refuse.  Disinger wanted Pence to host a talk show on her small radio station in Rush County. Disinger told Pence that his hero, Ronald Reagan got his start in radio; and it goes without saying that Pence had other heros, notably Rush Limbaugh, whose fame on the airwaves Pence openly aspired to.
Pence's primary hero, however, was evangelist James Dobson. Dobson invited Pence on his radio show on October 5, 2016 and Pence proclaimed that being interviewed by Dobson was, "the greatest honor of my entire life."  Dobson is virulently anti-gay as is Pence. Dobson is the founder of two anti-gay organizations, Focus On The Family and the Family Research Council and through those two groups Dobson proselytizes anti-gay hate doctrines thinly veiled with evangelical and pro-family language.  Dobson blamed the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary on same-sex marriage, and has also gone on record as stating that same-sex marriage could lead the U.S. into another civil war. Dobson's political awareness is as astute as Ben Carson's, if even.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: