Dezarae's Politics & More
April 19, 2024, 08:24:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

U.S. Ambassador to Panama Resigns in Disgust with the Trump Administration

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. Ambassador to Panama Resigns in Disgust with the Trump Administration  (Read 303 times)
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Badges: (View All)
Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« on: January 12, 2018, 02:22:27 pm »

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/us-ambassador-panama-resigns-disgust-trump-administration

John D. Feeley, The United States ambassador to Panama, announced his resignation on Friday saying he “can no longer serve under the Trump Administration,” Reuters reports.

Jonathan Savage

@JSavageTweets
BREAKING: The United States ambassador to Panama has resigned, saying he can no longer serve under the Trump Administration (Reuters)
11:04 AM - Jan 12, 2018
 910 910 Replies   14,813 14,813 Retweets   35,449 35,449 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
4h

Jonathan Savage

@JSavageTweets
BREAKING: The United States ambassador to Panama has resigned, saying he can no longer serve under the Trump Administration (Reuters)

Jonathan Savage

@JSavageTweets
UPDATE: The Ambassador will leave the role on 9 March
11:10 AM - Jan 12, 2018
 28 28 Replies   309 309 Retweets   1,125 1,125 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
In his resignation letter, Feeley wrote: “As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies. My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honor bound to resign. That time has come.”

Feeley was nominated by former president Barack Obama and was sworn in on Jan 15, 2016. The State Department confirmed his departure, saying the career diplomat opted to “retire for personal reasons, as of 9 March this year.”

The article states he resigned BEFORE the "shithole countries" comments. 

Trump is a Putin puppet when it comes to our foreign policies.  He's dismantling our associations with democracies as he pushed toward dictatorships.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hoosier88
Global Moderator

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 02:50:42 pm »

Yep.  Once the Interregnum is over, it's going to take years - if not decades - to put all the pieces back together.  & that's assuming that China & CIS & anybody else out there on the make hasn't taken advantage of the World chaos while the admin was learning to wobble along on training wheels.
Report Spam   Logged
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 12:03:30 pm »

Feeley is an honorable man, and he did the honorable thing. Good for him.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:12:47 pm »

Yep.  Once the Interregnum is over, it's going to take years - if not decades - to put all the pieces back together.  & that's assuming that China & CIS & anybody else out there on the make hasn't taken advantage of the World chaos while the admin was learning to wobble along on training wheels.

I think China was already giving us a run for our money in Africa. AND they have helped out many central american nations we turned our backs on.  We have had this arrogance long before Trumper.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »

Feeley is an honorable man, and he did the honorable thing. Good for him.

Yeah, it was like a breath of fresh air finding a person acting on their morals and principles.  Glad to find out they are still alive SOMEWHERE in our government.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: