Dezarae's Politics & More
April 19, 2024, 10:31:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Bannon Is Subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bannon Is Subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation  (Read 310 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:22:04 pm »

Right off hand, I doubt that Bannon would turn evidence of any kind over to Mueller. However, if he's feeling squatted on by Trumper's relatives in the Gold House, he might surprise us with a sharing a few secrets.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bannon-is-subpoenaed-in-mueller’s-russia-investigation/ar-AAuMnx6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT

WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was subpoenaed last week by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to testify before a grand jury as part of the investigation into possible links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

The move marked the first time Mr. Mueller is known to have used a grand jury subpoena to seek information from a member of Mr. Trump’s inner circle. The special counsel’s office has used subpoenas before to seek information on Mr. Trump’s associates and their possible ties to Russia or other foreign governments.

The subpoena could be a negotiating tactic. Mr. Mueller is likely to allow Mr. Bannon to forgo the grand jury appearance if he agrees to instead be questioned by investigators in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices in Washington, according to the person, who would not be named discussing the case. But it was not clear why Mr. Mueller treated Mr. Bannon differently than the dozen administration officials who were interviewed in the final months of last year and were never served with a subpoena.

On Tuesday, Mr. Bannon testified behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee, which is also investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election and ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 04:35:33 pm »

Bannon will probably turn over any evidence Mueller asks to see.  If Mueller were to subpoena particular items and/or documents, I really doubt Bannon would be willing to face a contempt charge, with the resultant possibility of jail time -- unless, maybe he's really sure that Trumper still likes him enough, to issue another one of his pardons.

On a related note, Sheriff Joe (Arpaio) was rather upset to discover that accepting a pardon from Trump legally constitutes an admission of guilt (you can't be pardoned for something you didn't do).
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 01:18:01 pm »

If Bannon does sing to Mueller, I truly wonder how it all would work out for Bannon if such evidence helped to bring down Trump? Does the Left see Bannon as a new born hero who banged Trump when his back was up against the wall? Will Trump & Co go out of their way to totally destroy Bannon? That also doesn't eliminate the possibility that Bannon may turn up dead. Trump, after all, has his close connections with Putin and the KBG.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 03:27:18 pm »

Bannon will probably turn over any evidence Mueller asks to see.  If Mueller were to subpoena particular items and/or documents, I really doubt Bannon would be willing to face a contempt charge, with the resultant possibility of jail time -- unless, maybe he's really sure that Trumper still likes him enough, to issue another one of his pardons.

On a related note, Sheriff Joe (Arpaio) was rather upset to discover that accepting a pardon from Trump legally constitutes an admission of guilt (you can't be pardoned for something you didn't do).

roflmao....arapaio admitting to being a felon. I love that.

As to Bannon, I think he is trying to test the waters and see if Trumper will pardon him.  If he's stupid enough to believe Trump will, he deserves to get sent up to the big house.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 12:56:56 pm »

Yeah, one thing for sure Tabby, is that whatever Bannon choses to say to Mueller will cost him dearly. Or if he clams up, he may still face some jail time depending on what Mueller may already have on him. His slimeball ways seems to have finally caught up with him for he is expendable. Trump will make sure something happens to him if Bannon causes grief with Trumper's precious silver gold spoon family jewels.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabby

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 02:34:12 pm »

Yeah, one thing for sure Tabby, is that whatever Bannon choses to say to Mueller will cost him dearly. Or if he clams up, he may still face some jail time depending on what Mueller may already have on him. His slimeball ways seems to have finally caught up with him for he is expendable. Trump will make sure something happens to him if Bannon causes grief with Trumper's precious silver gold spoon family jewels.

All the more to pity.  I think before this is done, Trumper will be impeached or imprisoned for obstruction of justice.  I am surprised it did not come up yesterday when the White House admitted they TOLD Bannon's lawyer to NOT cooperate with the House Intelligence committee
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 03:10:46 pm »

All the more to pity.  I think before this is done, Trumper will be impeached or imprisoned for obstruction of justice.  I am surprised it did not come up yesterday when the White House admitted they TOLD Bannon's lawyer to NOT cooperate with the House Intelligence committee
It seems to me that no matter what, they won't ever toss a prez behind bars. They don't want to 'tarnish' the image of our highest office with a possible jail sentence. If that would ever happen, then who would ever want the job?!! They (liars, cheats and corrupt bastards) take the job to rip our nation off AND NOT go to jail. So, they protect the prez from going to jail. IMHO
Report Spam   Logged

Tabby

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 03:34:28 pm »

It seems to me that no matter what, they won't ever toss a prez behind bars. They don't want to 'tarnish' the image of our highest office with a possible jail sentence. If that would ever happen, then who would ever want the job?!! They (liars, cheats and corrupt bastards) take the job to rip our nation off AND NOT go to jail. So, they protect the prez from going to jail. IMHO

You are probably right.  Or, maybe it's because THEY have money laundering deals they have done and don't want to go to jail, either.  Didn't the Russians give over $7 million to the RNC for the last election?  Maybe a lot of them have Russian handlers, as well.
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 09:46:07 pm »

Impeachment wouldn't, necessarily, result in any jail time, or even forfeitures.  The most likely outcome would simply be removal from office -- which does open him up to possible charges by civil authorities.  That's the actual purpose of an impeachment, since a sitting president can't be charged in criminal court.  Once he's impeached, and removed from office, he's no longer president.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: