Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 07:37:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Trump 'Tip Stealing' Rule Would Cost Workers $5.8 Billion Per Year: Report

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump 'Tip Stealing' Rule Would Cost Workers $5.8 Billion Per Year: Report  (Read 261 times)
Tabby

My Mood: Accepted

Badges: (View All)
Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:34:29 pm »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/01/17/trump-tip-stealing-rule-would-cost-workers-58-billion-year-report

President Donald Trump's war on workers has spawned a number of disastrous policy moves, from cuts to federal employees' pay increases to directives making it harder for workers to unionize. But one of the "nastiest" policy shifts Trump is pursuing is a rule that would allow companies to steal their employees' tips—which, according to a new report, would cost workers $5.8 billion a year.

Published by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) on Wednesday, the analysis also details the disproportionate impact the proposed rule would have on women, whose tips would account for nearly 80 percent—$4.6 billion—of the total stolen by employers.

How much more anti-American worker can you get?  This is pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 12:52:46 pm »

This does show how a true selfish billionaire really thinks doesn't it? Once again, as with previous millionaire/billionaire office holders, if only their plush world would come crashing down around their feet overnight being forced to work for minimum wages. IF ONLY!
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Tabby

Search Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 02:35:12 pm »

This does show how a true selfish billionaire really thinks doesn't it? Once again, as with previous millionaire/billionaire office holders, if only their plush world would come crashing down around their feet overnight being forced to work for minimum wages. IF ONLY!

Only way I know to do that is boycott.  And elect liberals NOT taking corporate money for elections.  Regulate corporations and bust monopolies.
Report Spam   Logged
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 03:17:25 pm »

Regulate corporations and bust monopolies.

That's how it should work, BUT in our long history of politics/govt it would be easier to gargle peanut butter standing on our heads.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 02:47:23 pm »

It just occurred to me, there's another evil part of this. In a lot of restaurants, the kitchen help gets min wage, but the wait-staff does not. The excuse is that the tips make up for the sub-min-wage pay. Now, if the kitchen help gets a share of tips, does that means the management can say the folks behind the wall are also exempt from min-wage?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabby

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 04:33:10 pm »

It just occurred to me, there's another evil part of this. In a lot of restaurants, the kitchen help gets min wage, but the wait-staff does not. The excuse is that the tips make up for the sub-min-wage pay. Now, if the kitchen help gets a share of tips, does that means the management can say the folks behind the wall are also exempt from min-wage?

Wow....never thought of that.  I do think it won't raise the women's wages above their $2.15 per hour rate, though.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: