Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 05:36:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Kim Says He’ll Give Up Weapons if U.S. Promises Not to Invade

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Says He’ll Give Up Weapons if U.S. Promises Not to Invade  (Read 504 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: April 29, 2018, 02:07:28 pm »

I think that we'd all agree ...... great news! However, as we also would prob agree, don't hold our breaths too long. So much can still go sideways as it usually does. One thing for certain, Trump will claim this 'win' as his. If this truce holds up until 2020, Trump will stump all day long about this to get re-elected.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/kim-says-he’ll-give-up-weapons-if-us-promises-not-to-invade/ar-AAwuppP?ocid=spartanntp
The New York Times
By CHOE SANG-HUN
3 hrs ago

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, told President Moon Jae-in of South Korea when they met that he would abandon his nuclear weapons if the United States would agree to formally end the Korean War and promise that it would not invade his country, a South Korean government spokesman said Sunday.

In a faith-building gesture ahead of a summit meeting with President Trump, Mr. Kim also said he would invite experts and journalists from South Korea and the United States to watch the shutdown next month of his country’s only known underground nuclear test site.

The comments by Mr. Kim were made on Friday when the leaders of the two Koreas met at Panmunjom, a village on their shared border, the spokesman, Yoon Young-chan, said on Sunday, providing additional details of the meeting.

“I know the Americans are inherently disposed against us, but when they talk with us, they will see that I am not the kind of person who would shoot nuclear weapons to the south, over the Pacific or at the United States,” Mr. Kim told Mr. Moon, according to Mr. Yoon’s account of the meeting.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: