Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 09:04:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Trump threatens (again) to shut govt down over Mexican Wall construction

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump threatens (again) to shut govt down over Mexican Wall construction  (Read 282 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: July 30, 2018, 03:50:51 pm »

Here we go again ….. and I say, go ahead and shut it down, bozo. You may as well own all things messed up at this point.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/us/politics/trump-government-shutdown.html
July 30, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday reiterated a threat to shut down the federal government in September if Congress could not deliver on Republican demands to crack down on immigration by enforcing border security and building his long-promised wall on the United States border with Mexico.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 11:34:09 pm »

Orange is gettin' desperate.  He knows it's his last chance to get the $20 billion to $50 billion for his stupid wall (unless he can get Mexico to ante up for it, as he did promise).  After the November elections, there's no way a Democrat-controlled House is going to even give it serious consideration.

If Trump does shut the government down, he's even more likely to lose his friendly House majority.  Voters don't like government shutdowns, and the timing of this threatened one will have it fresh in the voters' minds, come Nov. 6.  The best thing he can do now, to help House and Senate candidates, is to shut the f_ck up, and hope at least a few people forget all about him, by November.

But, of course, he can't do that --- he's Trump, and Trump has to draw attention to himself.  It's his life-blood, and he can't live without the attention.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: