Dezarae's Politics & More
April 16, 2024, 04:22:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Ya Win Some, Ya Lose Some

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ya Win Some, Ya Lose Some  (Read 401 times)
countryguy

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« on: November 07, 2018, 09:59:05 pm »

Scott Walker is no longer the governor of Wisconsin (as of January 7th, anyway).

Tammy Baldwin will continue to represent Wisconsin in the U.S. Senate.

The democrats will hold a majority of the seats in the U.S. House of Representatives.  They will be able to select the Speaker of the House.  Most people assume that will be Nancy Pelosi, but it's not an automatic position -- the Speaker is elected by the entire House (but a member from the minority party virtually never wins the election, for obvious reasons.)

The much vaunted and anticipated midterms are over and done with.  The foregoing are the "wins" that affect me, personally.

The republicans maintained, and even strengthened, their majority in the U.S. Senate.  They will most likely reelect Mitch McConnell as the majority leader, and the out-of-control dysfunction of that body will continue.

Ted Cruz will continue to be a U.S. Senator.  (I really dislike the guy as a person, as well as a senator.)

Sean Duffy will continue represent "my" district, in the U.S. House of Representatives -- although, I'm not sure how that really affects me, as an individual representative can't actually do anything, by himself.

The Republicans continue to control both houses of the Wisconsin Legislature.

Those were the biggest losses, from my personal perspective. 

All in all, I'd have to say I came out about as well as I could have expected.  Hoping for turning both houses of the congress was a pretty long shot, but we did turn one .  Getting rid of Walker is a huge plus.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 12:46:31 pm »

Getting rid of Walker is a huge plus.
I was just thinking that too. Like you, I dislike chickensh*t Cruz with several passions. I really wanted him to be replaced even if it were by another Repub. We kept Brown in the senate here in Ohio, but now have DeWine as out gov. UGH!!! I disliked that one even during the BushCo yrs.

I was disappointed in the Dem loses in Georgia and Fla. They were so close too! Now, as the other ballots are still being counted and closing the gaps between the Dem and Repub candidates, the Repubs are screaming bloody murder about it. They don't want all the votes counted!!!! What low life p.o.sh*ts that they are! No matter how one tries hard to accept Repubs as much as possible, they make it impossible to allow us to like them at all. I really hope that this ongoing counting of ballots will add a few more Dems in the win colume just because how the Reopubs are acting.

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 05:14:54 pm »

They're taking their cues from the a$$hole-in-chief.  After proclaiming what a victory "he" won, on Tuesday, he's now screaming bloody murder about impending likely recounts in Georgia, Florida, and Arizona.  If I'm not mistaken, there are a couple of other races in which the votes haven't, yet, all been counted, which are also too-close-to-call, yet.

Sorry about the governor thing, though.  We finally got rid of one of the worst governors ever, and it'll take many years - decades, most likely - to undo the damage **** has done.  Hope DeWine doesn't do the same to Ohio.

Trump's been gettin' just a bit testy, lately.  He immediately fired Jeff Sessions, and has now been informed that the guy he wants to appoint as an interim AG can't fill the spot, not having been confirmed by the senate (which won't be meeting, again, 'til after the first of the year).  His only legitimate choices, right now, to fill the empty spot in the interim, boil down to two people -- Rod Rosenstein (the Deputy AG Trump has been trying to get rid of, for appointing Robt. Mueller as Special Prosecutor), or Robert Mueller, himself.  This has been pointed out to him by, among others, little Kellyanne's husband, who is a rather well-respected attorney, himself.  In fact, until Trump can get another Attorney General confirmed by the senate, Rosenstein, as the Deputy AG, will automatically move up to fill the spot.

It all kinda boiled over during a post-election press conference, during which he was expected to be crowing about "his wins" in the mid-terms.  The presser included a very poorly-covered up, staged confrontation with CNN correspondent Jim Acosta (whom Trump has falsely accused of "fake news" reporting, and called an "enemy of the people", on a regular basis).  After pulling Acosta's press pass, denying him access to the white house, Sarah Sanders came out with an obviously doctored tape (as verified by any number of experts) of the incident, claiming Acosta's loss of credentials was the result of his assaulting a female intern who was trying to take the microphone away from him.  This obvious lie has been reported by various news outlets, and has prompted calls for Sanders' firing (which, of course, Trump will ignore).
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:45:13 pm »

I expect DeWine to do with the Trumpets like he did with BushCo …. suck major ass. He might surprise me, but highly doubt it. I'd rather keep Kasich over DeWine. That's how crappy DeWine is.

Only one word defines S Sanders. SCUM! Just another trumpet among many. Even tho the Dems are taking back the House, the Senate and Supreme Court will still power Trump ahead. That makes me sick!!
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 10:00:58 am »

It's the Supreme Court one that really scares me.  There's every possibility that Trump may be able to fill one or two additional seats (Ginsberg is 85, Breyer is 79).  Had a bit of a scare, this past week, when Ginsberg fell and broke 3 ribs -- but, she's a tough old bird, and is back at work, already.

If Trump is allowed to pack the Supreme Court with enough loyal toadies, there's no telling what he'll try to pull, prior to the 2020 election.  The Republicans have messed with the elections system more than enough, already, what with gerrymandering, voter suppression, and whatever else, and it may well get worse, yet, without an impartial Supreme Court to exert some control over their destruction of the Constitution.  This guy wants to be a dictator, like his heroes Putin, Un, and Xi, and sees the Supreme Court to be an impediment to his plans, as it's currently made up.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 09:52:42 am »

We're faced with a stacked SC in which will more than likely taint our Constitution. I've heard some talking heads on tv that our Constitution will prevail. I doubt it, myself. Trump is turning into a dictator almost daily. He's not full blown yet, but getting there. Even to impeach Trump will give us Pence who would prob maintain that dictatorship role left behind to him. Yeah, maybe 2020 will change out that type of leadership, but as you know, cg, the SC will be too damaged to bring our Constitution back to normal for many yrs. Unless there's a way to impeach a few of those SC judges.

We continue to witness more election tampering and plenty of lies that goes with that. Some claims that our election process has been corrected since 2000. WRONG! We still don't have all the votes counted and some who are turned away from voting. I don't trust our system at all. We're stuck with what we have, sadly. This is crap that goes on in 3rd world countries. So, there you go. just more lies and falsehoods. A leader who thrives in all of that crap.

There was a point in which I became very disgusted with how we do things here as a nation. All that happens time and time again is more disgust added to what's there already. We see cheaters win. We see liars win. We see a system that limps along by design. We call for change but get the same. Hope is forever sought after only to fall short of honesty and resolve, collectively. There is some good out there but also plenty of bad. That's reality of life.

Future elections will seemingly never change it's current course. I hate that I feel this way, but I truly do. What does it take to change our history so filled with deceit? Is it elections afterall?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: