Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 04:53:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Republican anxiety spikes as Trump faces growing legal and political perils

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican anxiety spikes as Trump faces growing legal and political perils  (Read 290 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: December 09, 2018, 09:57:56 am »

There's plenty of Repub voices with this one!! Failure begins at the top. Own it!! In my opinion, step aside and let someone creditable do the job! A nation's survival is at risk here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/‘siege-warfare’-republican-anxiety-spikes-as-trump-faces-growing-legal-and-political-perils/ar-BBQGcwR?ocid=spartanntp

A growing number of Republicans fear that a battery of new revelations in the far-reaching Russia investigation has dramatically heightened the legal and political danger to Donald Trump’s presidency — and threatens to consume the rest of the party, as well.
But anxiety is spiking among Republican allies, who complain that Trump and the White House have no real plan for dealing with the Russia crisis while confronting a host of other troubles at home and abroad.
Rather than building a war room to manage the intersecting crises as past administrations have done, the Trump White House is understaffed, stuck in a bunker mentality and largely resigned to a plan to wing it. Political and communications operatives are mostly taking their cues from the president and letting him drive the message with his spontaneous broadsides.

“A war room? You serious?” one former White House official said when asked about internal preparations. “They’ve never had one, will never have one. They don’t know how to do one.”
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 06:21:38 pm »

A "war room" implies a commander brainstorming with advisers to formulate a coherent strategy to confront a problem. 

Trump doesn't do advice.

To take advice, would be admitting that he needs advice.  Which would be admitting that he's not all-knowing.  Which, in his mind, would be like saying he's not, really, Donald Trump.  As far as he knows, Donald Trump has no weaknesses, no limitations.

You may think I'm being facetious, here.  I assure you, I'm not.  Donald Trump honestly believes he's perfect.  He honestly believes there's nothing advisers can tell him, that's better than what  he just instinctively knows.  He honestly believes that he needs no plan -- that he'll just naturally do whatever works best.

That's the kind of narcissist that now sits in the white house.  That's the kind of mentally deranged fool that conservatives have saddled this country with.  And, to hedge their bet, they put just as bad an option -- every bit as dangerous as Trump -- as his successor.  In fact, Pence is, perhaps, even more dangerous than Trump -- he possesses a measure of political cunning that Trump, in all his brashness, lacks.  It's almost like they're daring us to impeach.

The only hope for the survival of the United States, as the country we've known and loved, is to last until the 2020 elections.  If we make it that long, and this administration isn't voted out, then, we're doomed.  Literally.  Nothing will be able to save us. 

This is no exaggeration. 

It's that serious.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »

You may think I'm being facetious, here.  I assure you, I'm not.  Donald Trump honestly believes he's perfect.  He honestly believes there's nothing advisers can tell him, that's better than what  he just instinctively knows.  He honestly believes that he needs no plan -- that he'll just naturally do whatever works best.

The only hope for the survival of the United States, as the country we've known and loved, is to last until the 2020 elections.  If we make it that long, and this administration isn't voted out, then, we're doomed.  Literally.  Nothing will be able to save us. 

This is no exaggeration. 

It's that serious.

Hell yes it's that serious! Even 'if' a better pres is voted in Nov 2020, the damage done by this current clown will take a good decade or more to fix. It would at least make us feel a little better that we might have someone better driving the bus while our nation slow crawls back from Hell.

You're spot on cg, Trump is perfect according to Trump. He has the "be best" gut known to mankind. Like I've stated before, I never thot that anyone could top Gooberism. Trumper has pulled it off.

At this point even if a different Repub won in 2020, other than Pence, the question might beg to be asked …. wouldn't that be  better than Trump or Pence come Jan 20 2021? As far as I am concerned, anybody is better than those two mooks.

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: