Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 08:53:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

A Not-So-Jolly Xmas for a Whole Lotta Folks

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Not-So-Jolly Xmas for a Whole Lotta Folks  (Read 279 times)
countryguy

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« on: December 24, 2018, 12:50:18 pm »

It would seem that The Grinch finally managed to steal Christmas -- at least for a whole lotta folks, even including himself (he's cancelled his trip to Mar-a-Lago, for the holidays which, to him, I'm sure, is a huuuuuge sacrifice).  Hundreds of thousands of federal workers just lost their income, for an indeterminate amount of time.  Two days before Christmas.  Yeah, a lot of people think all government employees are just rolling in the dough, but the ones with the high-paying jobs are the ones who will keep getting their full checks, during this "partial" shutdown.  It's the secretaries.  The janitors. The mail room clerks.  The park workers.  It's people like that, who won't get paid -- in jobs that are at G-2, G-3, and G-4, on the government pay scale.  These jobs pay a barely-living-wage, to start with.  Many of these people are in the living-check-to-check category, especially like the vast number of them living in the Washington, D.C. area.  Ironically, this is supposedly happening because Trump is worried about border security.  That must be why he's also stopping the pay of the Homeland Security Department -- which includes ICE and the border patrol agents.

Which, pretty much, means this has nothing to do, in reality, with border security.  What it does have everything to do with, is the ego of a spoiled child.  Which is exactly what Donald Trump is, mentally and emotionally.  Don't get what you want?  Just throw a tantrum.  When the grown-ups get tired of your screaming and foot-stamping, they'll give in.

Except, it's getting so that there aren't any grown-ups left, in the room.  They've all left.  Quit, because they're tired and embarrassed to be associated with such a mental toddler.

But, the Grinch will continue his tantrum.  After all, except for interfering with yet another trip to his golf club, it doesn't really affect him.  He's not even one of the people who won't get paid.  Nor is Ivanka or Jared.

And, he'll consider it well worth it, if the grown-ups do cave, and give him the money to begin constructing his Donald J. Trump Commemorative Iron Curtain.  Somehow, I just can't get a particular image out of my head - the one of the ghost of Ronald Reagan, whispering in Orange's ear, "Mr. Trump, PUT UP THAT WALL!
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 07:46:31 pm »

In which shows the true cold heart the SOB has!! To beat all ….. he's doing this because 1st, it IS a political move to blame the Dems for HIS shutdown …. and 2nd, that tantrum is him looking into his empty soul 'alone'. Well, except for his selfish corrupt family members who are just like he is. An 8 yr old who was held at the border died from a cold on Xmas. How fitting. This describes the true SOB that Trump is. Trump also tried to convince a 7 yr old girl on the phone that Santa wasn't real. I guess if she had been given a couple million bucks by her father at the age of 3(?) she'd be good to roll with that at 7. So, as screwed up this Xmas was, try to imagine Xmas '19. Even if our Congress is able to impeach this SOB in '19, we'll be stuck with Pence. Ho Ho Ho …… just another dip sh*t Xmas on tap! 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 11:19:43 pm »

Hillary got it exactly right, when she described Trump supporters as "deplorables".  Anyone who thinks that heartless bastard makes a good president, is just exactly that.  Trump has no concept of what compassion and empathy are.  He is absolutely devoid of a moral compass.  He is totally about "self" -- selfish, self-centered, self-absorbed, and self-worshiping.  He is a racist, a misogynist, a sexist, and a narcissist of the highest order.  He is a con artist, and as big a mobster as ever found in the Mafia or La Cosa Nostra.  He's a wanna-be dictator, in the vein of his heroes, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un, China's president Xi, and Recep Erdogan (all of whose praises he has sung).

But, you're right -- his successor, if he were to be removed from office, is potentially worse yet.  Pence is a self-righteous "Christian", who would try to make a theocracy of our government, following his own, twisted version of that religion.  And, Pence does have at least some of the political savvy that Trump totally lacks, which makes him potentially more dangerous yet.

The country is in a totally no-win situation, at least until 2021.  We can only hope, that the people vote this catastrophe out, in 2020.  If they don't, I'm afraid all hope for my country - and yours - is lost.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 11:51:06 am »

True that, cg, LOST! You're optimistic that beginning Jan 20, 2021, we'll begin to save ourselves with rational leadership. At this point in time, I'm not feeling that 'save'. It would, however, give us a feeling of hope. It's my pessimistic viewpoint that too much crap has been set into motion that will be darn near impossible to reverse. Far too many bastards in DC who will work against any decent leader at this point. I do understand that you're not in a good place to lay such negative predictions on your adult children. Who really wants to do that? That's why I avoid getting into such dark weeds with the younger generations …… plus what could they really do about it anyways? Somewhere it's written that our populated planet will go thru very terrible things before any good common sense prevails again. Even about that, I am sadly with my belief that our world will end. There's so much worldly anger already released since damn BushCo threw it into motion of no return. Trump has accelerated it beyond correcting, IMHO. Even as he acts starts to pull military troops out of conflict zones, there's something someplace else those troops will need to go. War will never end. Ppl will continue to die and or be wounded by war machines. Until all is infected / destroyed. So, the 'not so jolly Xmas' is more a preview of what's coming. 2019 and 2020 won't be so jolly either. If only justice truly worked after 2003, we might not be here typing what we type about now.

With that said, I do hope that your health improves in 2019.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Tony Light

My Mood: Refreshed

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 09:46:22 am »

With the good economy those displaced workers can find new jobs.   smitten
Report Spam   Logged
countryguy

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 11:22:12 am »

Except that thousands still have to go to work at their government jobs, Tony --- they're just not getting paid.  And, now, Trump is ordering still more furloughed employees back to work, without pay!  It shows his absolute disdain for employees.  It also demonstrates that he's not worried about a whole lot of them quitting and finding another job -- because he knows that the "good economy" is another "alternative fact".  There still aren't jobs out there, for the hundreds of thousands of affected government employees to get.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: