Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 07:34:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

What America Used to Mean -- Compared to Trump's America

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What America Used to Mean -- Compared to Trump's America  (Read 199 times)
countryguy

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« on: January 05, 2019, 01:26:46 pm »

"A beacon of hope".

"A shining light on a hill".

The Statue of Liberty, with its plaque at the base, reading, "Send me your tired, your hungry, your poor, your huddled masses -- yearning to live free".

That's how people used to see the United States.  Now, if Trump and his "base" have their way, America will have a new symbol, replacing the old.

A new iron curtain, for the express purpose ofkeeping those tired, hungry, poor masses out!!

If that wall is built, the project should also include placing explosives at the base of the Statue of Liberty, and getting rid of it.  Otherwise, people might, mistakenly, think America still stands for those things.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 01:53:44 pm »

It will undoubtedly change what ole Am used to stand for, that's for sure. If that 'wall' gets built, trust me, the Repubs will scream how the Dems went along with it..... or forced Trump's hand to build it under a state of emergency.

Keep in mind that BushCo got us into this mindset. They crapped all over this nation (on behalf of the very rich) while our Congress Critters ran scared of them. Trump is worse, but we've become accustomed to many things unconstitutional. We've been shoved to the back of the bus while raked over hot coals. Our economy has gone straight to hell under both Republican admins!!! Now, watch how hard this will be to recover from 2020 and beyond. In the meantime, the rest of the world is pretty much done with us. You'll see.   
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: