Dezarae's Politics & More
April 18, 2024, 06:27:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

FBI agents offer shocking warnings about the govt shutdown’s effect on US safety

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI agents offer shocking warnings about the govt shutdown’s effect on US safety  (Read 261 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: January 22, 2019, 03:40:07 pm »

I can see why Trump likes this deal taking place with the FBI because of HIS shutdown. Anybody else?

https://www.businessinsider.com/government-shutdown-fbi-agents-offer-shocking-warnings-about-us-safety-2019-1

FBI agents offer shocking warnings about the government shutdown’s effect on US safety
Mariana Alfaro

In a report released Tuesday by the FBI Agents Association, FBI agents across the country shared stories describing the effect the shutdown is having on their work: investigations have stalled, forensic interviews are delayed, indictments on violent crimes are not happening.

"The impact is we aren't able to take cases to grand jury to seek indictments/warrants in order to get our most violent offenders arrested and justice for our victims," said one agent.

In the most recent FBIAA report, FBI agents said they worried about the danger the shutdown poses not only for national security but for all Americans. Victims of domestic minor sex trafficking cases, for example, are not receiving the attention or counseling they need. Investigations across state lines aren't being completed, testimony isn't being collected and criminal trials aren't moving forward, an agent said.

Another agent, who said they are currently investigating a "particularly violent street gang," said they were forced to tell their local law enforcement partners that they cannot assist in funding their operations because of the shutdown.

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: