Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 12:56:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Whitaker Says He Won't Testify Unless Subpoena Threat Is Lifted

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitaker Says He Won't Testify Unless Subpoena Threat Is Lifted  (Read 329 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: February 07, 2019, 03:43:49 pm »

and Whitaker speaks up because a full time AG is about to take his place.
He's not worried.  idiot

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/whitaker-says-he-wont-testify-unless-subpoena-threat-is-lifted/ar-BBTiIlz?ocid=spartanntp
Chris Strohm and Billy House

(Bloomberg) -- Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said he won’t testify before a House panel unless Democrats lift a threat to subpoena him if he refuses to answer questions about conversations with President Donald Trump and his oversight of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Hours after the House Judiciary Committee voted Thursday to authorize a subpoena, Whitaker issued a statement saying “it is apparent that the committee’s true intention is not to discuss the great work of the Department of Justice, but to create a public spectacle. Political theater is not the purpose of an oversight hearing, and I will not allow that to be the case.”

He said he won’t appear unless committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler “assures me that the committee will not issue a subpoena today or tomorrow, and that the committee will engage in good faith negotiations before taking such a step down the road.”

Democrats have said they want the option to subpoena Whitaker if he refuses to discuss some issues during testimony before the committee that was scheduled for Friday.

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 09:17:08 am »

For those interested, and in my own opinion, Whitaker put on a show that had to make Trump very proud of him. He said at one point of his performance that he's no one's puppet. Dear sir, I disagree.

There is supposed to be a round 2 of this. Possible not for the public's ears. I can't wait.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/02/whitaker-and-nadler-clash-judiciary-committee-hearing/582454/
Throughout a contentious oversight hearing, the acting attorney general seemed to be auditioning for his next job in the Trump administration.
Natasha Bertrand
6:00 AM ET
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 09:48:58 am »

Another Trump appointee who's afraid to answer questions.  I like the part, "...  the committee will engage in good faith negotiations before taking such a step".  Is it normal for a committee to negotiate issuing a subpoena?  If their going to negotiate with a witness, to get them to testify, why bother to issue a subpoena, once they've agreed to testify?  If the committee has the power to subpoena witnesses, there's no need to negotiate anything!

Yeah ........ he's obviously not worried, huh?
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 03:43:01 pm »

I thot that this subpoena dance appeared odd as well, cg. I also wonder just how far the Dems think that they'll get with him with only 6 days left in his plastic AG temp job? I suppose that the Dems are hoping that he'll perjure himself that may bring prosecution to his bs table.

I agree, he's not worried one damn bit. Even if he gets the book, eventually, he'll look for his pardon papers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: