Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 06:38:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Acting Pentagon chief: 'We have not made any decisions' on wall funding

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acting Pentagon chief: 'We have not made any decisions' on wall funding  (Read 320 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: February 18, 2019, 02:15:42 pm »

and if you, a high ranking Republic voice at the Pentagon, wish to do the right thing and NOT squander that kind of money on something truly not needed, in which would prevent a big juicy kiss by your boss on your right azz check, you'll sleep a lot better knowing that this money will help active duty military personnel.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/430383-acting-pentagon-chief-we-have-not-made-any-decisions-on-wall-funding
By Brett Samuels - 02/17/19 08:52 AM EST
Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan said Saturday that he had not yet made any decisions on how much money would be redirected from the military budget to help fund President Trump's border wall. 

“We always anticipated that this would create a lot of attention and since moneys potentially could be redirected, you can imagine the concern this generates,” Shanahan told reporters traveling with him abroad.

“Very deliberately, we have not made any decisions, we have identified the steps we would take to make those decisions,” he added.
He told reporters he has "a lot of discretion," but that he would not bend the law to reallocate funding.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:36:57 am »

And it will be up to Shanahan to decide which funds to use, and find some way to legally redirect them -- consistent with providing for the actual security of the nation.  Trump will do no more than posture as the "Commander-in-Chief", and simply order the military to somehow build his Iron Curtain (or, I guess, his Concrete Curtain, depending on his whim of the day).  He won't bother with the details, himself -- he sees himself as being above that.  In his mind, that's what he has peons below him, for.  And, if there's any criticism of what funds are taken from where, and what aspect of national security is left unfunded for his vanity wall --- well, it won't be his fault, will it?

Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 03:06:51 pm »

Can you imagine where all of this may end up by March 16, 2019? I get this strange feeling that the OK Corral will be miniscule compared to the anticipated Trump headbanger being dumped into the laps of US citizens.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:17:52 pm »

I'm experiencing a wee bit of brain fade, here (happens disturbingly often, in this aged mind, lately).  What's the relevant significance of the March 16th date?

Imagining what Trump is going to do next, is nearly impossible.  There's no rhyme or reason, to what direction he heads off in, next.  He's so much like a little child, with no attention span.  How much of this is misdirection, and how much is personality disorder, we have no way of knowing.  I only hope the nation can survive him until November of 2020, when the nation will have a chance to correct the most egregious mistake the electorate has ever made.  If they fail to excise this cancer, then, well ........

even Rome fell, eventually.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: