Dezarae's Politics & More
April 19, 2024, 08:34:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

McConnell: Senate will pass resolution blocking Trump’s border emergency

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: McConnell: Senate will pass resolution blocking Trump’s border emergency  (Read 311 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: March 05, 2019, 10:21:11 am »

It's not often that we see Mitch grow a pair. There might be at least 10 Repub Senators who vote to support this resolution!! Repub voices of reason.

Of course, Trump will veto this resolution once it reaches his golden perch and then off to the courts in which will be very interesting to see if any Repub judges abide by our Constitution to defy Trump's national emergency declaration. Unfortunately, this process may take yrs to decide on. In the meantime, Trump will steal from whatever treasure that we have designated to other federally funded operations to play with his border wall with.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mcconnell-senate-will-pass-resolution-blocking-trumps-border-emergency/ar-BBUmC4q?ocid=spartandhp

By Burgess Everett 22 hrs ago

McConnell's Kentucky GOP colleague Rand Paul became the fourth Republican senator to join 47 Senate Democrats in supporting the House-passed disapproval resolution, which needs a simple majority to go to Trump's desk. The Senate will vote later this month on the measure to stop Trump from unilaterally redirecting billions toward his border wall.

"What is clear in the Senate is that there will be enough votes to pass the resolution of disapproval, which will then be vetoed by the president and then in all likelihood the veto will be upheld in the House," McConnell said at an event in Louisville, Ky.

McConnell said the Senate GOP was studying whether it can amend the resolution, but “it’s never been done before,” and their options were unclear.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 12:32:00 pm »

It's a huge turn of events, none the less.  It's the first time the Senate has dared to stand up to Trump.  But, yeah ..... once he vetoes it, it requires a 2/3 majority to overturn, which isn't very likely.  But, you never know.  It's possible some senators will resent Trump's "in your face" move, which will be perceived as him refusing to comply with the will of both houses of congress.  There just may be a feeling of having to save face, in the House and the Senate, which will swing enough votes to overturn.  We'll just have to wait and see.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 03:48:39 pm »

It's a showdown I'm happy to see!!

If this were to happen … that 2/3rds vote, maybe, just maybe ….. a war breaks out between Trump and his azz kissin' Senators that should bring a favorable impeachment against Trump SOON!
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: