Dezarae's Politics & More
April 18, 2024, 07:27:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Joe Biden runs for president, in video announcing bid

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Biden runs for president, in video announcing bid  (Read 529 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: April 26, 2019, 02:18:31 pm »

I have to say, his video was done very well. I'm impressed!!

Now, for the next 12-18 mths we'll see how it all shakes out.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-2020-former-vice-president-running-for-president-watch-video-announcement-today-2019-04-25/
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 02:43:18 pm »

So far, it's a bit shaky.  Most of the other announced Democrats are already jumping on Biden's candidacy, inferring he's not "left enough".  As I've said, before -- if the Democrats try to "outradical" the Republicans, they may well have found a way to lose the 2020 election.

Right now, the Democratic Party is experiencing a euphoria brought on by the 2018 results.  A lot of that euphoria relates to the election of several young, energetic, high-profile newcomers, most typified by Alexandria Occasio-Cortez.  She's the new media darling, and every word she utters, every move she makes, is considered news (right down to furnishing her apartment, and whether or not she had enough appropriate clothes to be a congresswoman).  And, this hasn't been all bad, for the Democrats.  Her agenda is ambitious, to say the least.  While it addresses the main goals of the Democratic platform (global warming, gay rights, womens' rights, medical reform, student debt, etc.) it's totally unrealistic.  We all know that the world can't be completely changed, overnight -- especially, if it would require government action.  Now it's time for cooler, more reasonable heads to slow down their enthusiasm, and begin the process of negotiating and compromising so that we can begin to achieve the larger goals - in time.

That's where a Joe Biden comes in.  I've always liked Biden, and he has the political experience and acumen to work within the system that exists, and get things started.  Hopefully, it won't take long for people to realize this, so the party can coalesce behind a moderate candidate that will be able to successfully challenge the radical, but very motivated Trump supporters, next year.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 12:13:55 pm »

I found Biden to be an awesome Senator! He didn't take crap from the mealy mouths on the Right. He'd blast their azzes on the floor if needed. That's what I really liked about Biden. That and he did seem to care for regular ppl. He's got 3 monkeys on his back tho that'll drag him down some. Crime Bill. Anita Hill. His Corporate Ties. Of course, compared to Trump, he's an angle, but both Dems and ESPECIALLY Repubs will slice and dice him up over the first two issues and some Dems/Indies will whack him about his Corporate ties. Well, we also can't ignore the other elephant in the room …. his age. The good news about 'age' is that Trump isn't any new born either. If he can handle those four issues facing him in this 2020 run, he should do ok. If he makes it to the GE, he has my vote.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 11:30:41 am »

Joe has two more things he has to overcome -- the perception, by many, that he's "too nice", and his penchant for misspeaking.  This last one has caused him some problems in the past, when the way he says something will leave an opening for critics to twist the meaning of his statement to be entirely different from what he quite obviously did mean to say.  And, we all know that, in politics, if you leave the slightest opening for an opponent to exploit, you can bet they'll use it.

They'll also try to exploit the perception of Joe as being "too soft", or too nice, to be effective.  It's part of what they've already tried, with his "touchy-feely" manner.  Biden is a very compassionate man, who demonstrates empathy quite freely.  In today's political (and social, unfortunately) environment, compassion and empathy are far too often perceived as weaknesses, rather than strengths.  The root word of "conservative", in today's world, would seem to be "self" -- as in selfish, self-aggrandizing, self-centered, self-righteous, etc..  It's why their current leader is the ultimate self-worshipping a$$hole they could find.

And, it's why we need to replace him with a man of character, like Joe Biden  We need to restore character traits like compassion and empathy, in the national image of the United States.  In the eyes of the world, "The Ugly American" has never been uglier, than it is right now.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 08:05:34 pm »

Yeah, Joe's gaffe's has been a little troublesome for him, but then, he's not been caught in 10,000+ lies in just more than 2 yrs. I know Repubs will jump up and down on Joe for his gaffes but he pales in comparison to Trump.

This morning's polls has Joe way ahead in the Dem field. I mean WAY AHEAD! I can't imagine Biden not winning the Dem Primary at this point.... even tho we're over 500 days until the election. He'd have to stumble really bad in order to lose this thing now.

Now if Dems were to hold impeachment hearings on Trump, that should bring to surface a lot of ugly on Trump as he staggers into the GE. There's just too much crap on Trump to sweep under the rug.... as hard as he'll try to. If Biden or any other Dem keeps an honest steady pace …… being very careful of what's put out there for the fact checkers, he/they should be good to go on election day. IMHO
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: