Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 06:30:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Wells Fargo, TD Bank turn over Trump financial records to House Dems

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wells Fargo, TD Bank turn over Trump financial records to House Dems  (Read 364 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: May 23, 2019, 04:00:36 pm »

Goody! I'm happy that Fox News reported this story. I'll be happier when the Dems get their hands on all of his financial and tax records!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/wells-fargo-td-bank-turn-over-trump-financial-records-to-house-dems/ar-AABO7IW?ocid=spartanntp

Brooke Singman 2 hrs ago

Wells Fargo and TD Bank have turned over President Trump’s financial records to the House Financial Services Committee, Fox News confirmed on Thursday, amid a contentious legal battle between the Trump administration and congressional Democrats seeking access to sensitive files.

The banks are two of the nine financial institutions with which congressional Democrats are seeking cooperation. The push has led to an escalating legal battle on multiple fronts.

On Wednesday, a federal judge in New York ruled that two other banks, Deutsche Bank and Capitol One, were required to comply with congressional subpoenas seeking access to Trump’s financial records.

The House Financial Services Committee and the House Intelligence Committee both have requested the documents from Deutsche Bank and Capitol One in their investigations of possible “foreign influence in the U.S. political process.”

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 09:35:42 am »

FOXNews hasn't been the reliable Trump propaganda machine it once was.  As opposed to the "analysts" employed by FOX entertainment (such as Hannity, Lahren, Carlson, and the like), FOX's news branch does seem to have a few actual journalists on staff.  Most people, including frequent FOX watchers, are unaware of the difference, causing a lot of concern that FOXNews is becoming "mainstream media", and "fake news".  Personally, I couldn't think of a much higher compliment for the likes of Chris Hayes, Shepard Smith, and the other actual news reporters.  Even ole Judge Napolitano seems to be garnering some credibility, these days.

But, of course, there's still the comedy classic, "Fox and Friends".  That bunch of fawning storytellers will stick with their idol no matter how ridiculous he makes them look.  But, then, they do work for FOX entertainment.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 07:50:29 pm »

They've certainly come a long way! Now I wonder of those on Fox who has discovered both brain and conscience how they will respond when a Dem becomes our next prez?
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 11:33:47 pm »

I do believe that Chris Wallace, Chris Hayes, and Shepard Smith are serious newsmen, who care about their reputations, and will continue to strive to be objective journalists.  The question is how much FOX will continue to allow it.

What's surprising, is how much air time they're getting, while being honest and objective.  Maybe someone at FOX is actually trying to make a news organization, there.
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 12:54:53 pm »

Since Fox has had a rough 2-3 yrs of their own in house scandals, it does seem like Fox is trying to be a more creditable news network. Now that Trump has shown his looney lying azz personality, it's even more difficult for any legit journalist/reporters on Fox to protect the idiot. Now, one wonders what happens to said legit journalists/reporters on Fox when a Bush like president steals their way into office? Do they return to their old ways?
Report Spam   Logged

countryguy

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 08:45:33 am »

Considering that half or more of the FOX news "analysts" are former Bush administration officials, I'd say it's a pretty easy call.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: