Dezarae's Politics & More
April 20, 2024, 06:14:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Any One Else Like To See a Little More Balanced Coverage?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any One Else Like To See a Little More Balanced Coverage?  (Read 175 times)
countryguy

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« on: May 25, 2019, 09:59:29 am »

I don't know.  Maybe I'm the only one.  But, personally, I'm about over-saturated with all of the coverage given to "AOC" (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez).  Yes, she pulled off quite an upset victory.  And, she's the youngest person, I believe, to ever serve in the House of Representatives.  She's attractive, bright, and seems to have an opinion on pretty much everything.  She's seen as representative of the "wave" of women, elected to the House in the 2018 elections.

But, she's one, very junior congressperson.  She's not in a leadership position, within the Democratic Party or the House of Representatives.  She doesn't hold a position as a spokesperson for the Democratic Party.  Her platform is not, entirely, the Democrat platform.  She doesn't have a whole lot of experience, yet, with things like foreign affairs, and national/international economics.

And, I'm not meaning to criticize her, personally.  Rather, I think the media has glommed onto her, probably because she's attractive, very opinionated and outspoken, and not the least bit camera or microphone-shy.

Just sayin' ............................
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: