Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 07:04:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

House investigations of Trump and his administration: The full list

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: House investigations of Trump and his administration: The full list  (Read 274 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: May 27, 2019, 01:35:47 pm »

I'm not sure, but there may be approx 83 investigations into TrumpCo. I had no idea that there were this many!! One would think that something somewhere in all of this would be enough evidence to sink his boat …… as in impeachment. 
mad bat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-investigations-of-trump-and-his-administration-the-full-list/ar-AABZjiT?ocid=spartanntp

Alex Moe and Dareh Gregorian

At least 14 Democratic-led House committees have been investigating various aspects of President Donald Trump's businesses, campaign and his presidency since the beginning of this year, an NBC News review shows. In all, those committees have launched at least 50 probes into Trump world.
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 11:25:50 pm »

I'm as anxious to impeach the bastard as anyone, but I can see why it hasn't happened, yet, and I have to say they're right to be patient.  Pelosi knows that yes, the House may have the votes to impeach.  But, impeachment is kinda like an arraignment, at which a suspect is charged.  Then, comes the trial -- by the Senate.  Unless the president is convicted, by the Senate, he remains in office.  On top of that, he would be off, scot-free, as for any other court to charge him, for the same offenses, at some future time, would constitute "double jeopardy".

No one believes there's any chance the Republican Senate would convict Trump, no matter how much evidence was presented, against him.  Not at this time, anyway.  While there has been some slight weakening of his grip on the Senate, there's no way he'd lose, there.  Pelosi knows that.  So, for the House to impeach him, now, would be to lose the possibility of doing so, later, when it may be possible to get a conviction.

As Pelosi has pointed out, it's almost like Trump is asking to be impeached.  As long as he can rely on partisanship protecting him, in the Senate, he would be protected from ever facing any charges when he leaves office.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 01:02:56 pm »

Well explained, cg. I was aware of some of what you explained but not all of it. It being double jeopardy. So, what if the Dems get more than they need in evidence that Trump colluded with Russia that tilted the election his way? Couldn't the Dems hammer that home in impeachment and save the other evidence of criminal wrongdoings for the SDNY prosecutors to pursue?
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 08:38:01 am »

Again --- it doesn't do a hell of a lot of good to impeach him, if it's only to let the Senate give him a pass.  Yeah, it would be humiliating, for most people -- but Donald Trump would brag about his big victory in being totally exonerated ("No collusion").

I'm realist enough to realize they may never be able to impeach and remove him, at least during this term (God forbid there be another).  But, I want him nailed with everything they can come up with, once he leaves office, and partisan politics can't protect him, any more.  I want that Trump family to hold their annual reunions right at home, in the prison where they're all living.

And, in the cell next door, I'd like nothing more than to see Mitch McConnell as Trump's neighbor.  I think McConnell is fantastically underrated, as a detriment and a danger to this country.  He's the one person who could have reined Trump in, in many instances.  But, he chose party over country, every single time.  It's time to broaden our definition of treason, to include politicians who use their official positions to deliberately work against the welfare of this country.  They do every bit as much damage to the country, and our system of justice and law, as any spy or enemy combatant.

And, yes --- that would be just one more impeachable offense Dump is guilty of.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 02:35:17 pm »

You may have noticed these past couple of days that more Dems are pushing for impeachment. Once again, I'm not on board with it just yet, but I would like to see an Inquiry fired up. Mostly because it allows the Dems to pursue in a more vigorous way decisions by the courts to force Trump to cough up all of his buried documents that we're sure would play roles to hang his sorry azz. If not used in any impeachment, evidence surfaced for the SDNY prosecutors to immediately work on in preparation for their criminal charges against him once he steps out of office.

Another thing that worries me about holding off of impeachment until he leaves office is …… he may never leave office. He may declare a special emergency to forever lock his azz in office. It's been rumored that he would do that just to keep him out of jail post Wht House.

I also hope that (R) Sen Amash will start-up defections among these scared brainwashed Repub Senators to slide over with the Dems if enough damning evidence surfaces. To defend a polished criminal turd for 2-3 yrs is bad enough but then to continue embracing an unpolished political turd is political suicide for them all. That's what's needed for the Dems to push forward on this. A mtn of evidence that leaves no other choice but to impeach him. IMHO
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: