Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 12:09:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Dem Candidate vs Pence 2020

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dem Candidate vs Pence 2020  (Read 404 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: May 29, 2019, 04:55:20 pm »

Once upon a time, we had some discussion about impeaching Trump which would leave us with Prez Pence. Many felt sickened to think that we'd be stuck with Pence. My question to cg and anyone else who dare post on this message board is this. As hard as it is to believe, word lately suggests that Trump may very well win this next election. YIKES! Now, if he were to be impeached before the 2020 election (in which I don't think will happen) wouldn't it be a much better situation for the primary Dem winner to run against Pence rather than Trump? Trump is so full of lies and bs, that he has somehow been able to fool many supporters/voters. Pence, however, is as exciting and convincing as a dead cockroach. Plus, Pence has aided criminal Trump. I see Pence as a very easy target for any Dem to shred to pieces in the next election. 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

countryguy

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:47:49 am »

I don't think there's any way the Republican Party would nominate Pence for the spot, even as an incumbent.  Your description of Pence "... as exciting and convincing as a dead cockroach", is dead on.  He was put on the 2016 ticket to court the evangelical vote, acknowledging Trump's total lack of credibility as a "Christian" (Well, that and the Constitution wouldn't allow Ivanka to run for his V.P.).  As it turns out, Pence wasn't really needed, since so many major "Christian" leaders proved their capacity for hypocrisy by backing Trump, anyway .  Trump has the following of a cult leader, and Pence would be even more of a nothing, without him.  Pence has been a handy prop, however, with his exaggerated "piety", and his willingness to make an ass of himself (his going to a pro football game just so he could walk out before the game begins, for example).

None of that, however, is going to get him the top spot on any presidential ballot.  No party wants, that badly, to lose an election.
Report Spam   Logged

In this world, a person can DEMAND respect ........ or COMMAND it.

The former will seldom - if ever - achieve the latter.
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 02:19:02 pm »

Good to know that we're connected in a walking dead mind set. lol Pence is just that, the walking dead. I never gave that a thot before about the party NOT allowing him to make it at the very top of the ballet. It certainly would be wise if they moth balled his azz. I almost could see Kasich getting their nod. Almost. I'm sure that there is somebody much more radical than him to get the nomination. 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: