Dezarae's Politics & More
April 18, 2024, 07:51:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO DEZARAE'S POLITICS & MORE!
We Have Been Here Since January 2012 & Still Going..Some Features & Topics Are Not Viewable By Guests. If You Wish To Register, "Please Provide A Verifiable Valid Email Address", "From Your Server" (Who You Have Internet With) When You Sign Up.."We Do Check Your Email To See If It Is Verifiable..Also we no longer accept Yahoo email accounts..If We Can't Verify Your Email Your Registration Request Will Be Denied, And You Will Have To Sign Up Again." We Would Love To Have You Onboard!We also c heck to make sure yu IP address is valid.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

COVID stimulus talks stall over ‘purely political’ GOP move

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COVID stimulus talks stall over ‘purely political’ GOP move  (Read 188 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: December 18, 2020, 03:22:16 pm »

Here we are in the 11.5 hr and the very needed Covid relief bill is still sputtering. One would think that this same ole same ole crap by the GOP would finish them all off forever, but the GOP lies keeps ignorant ppl loving them. Sadly, even if this finally passes with one second left, checks will take time to reach many ppl who need them to keep their place of residence or get food. So, here we are looking down the barrel of death while Covid-19 kills and injure more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/covid-stimulus-talks-stall-over-purely-political-gop-move-as-midnight-shutdown-deadline-looms/ar-BB1c37Qp?ocid=msedgntp

Michael McAuliff, Chris Sommerfeldt  2 hrs ago

An 11th-hour Republican push to limit how much money the U.S. central bank can lend to businesses and municipalities emerged as one of the last obstacles Friday in the mad dash for a coronavirus stimulus package, as a midnight government shutdown deadline loomed over the harried negotiations.

The last-minute provision, introduced by Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), would terminate a Federal Reserve emergency loan program established by the first stimulus bill that allowed the central bank to free up more than $450 billion in credit for cash-strapped companies and local governments.

The Fed program has not been germane in the months-long stimulus talks until earlier this week, and Democrats said Republicans are trying to end it to kneecap President-elect Joe Biden’s incoming administration.

“Republicans were fine with this Fed power when Trump was president but now all of a sudden it’s bad,” tweeted Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.). “Almost like they want to use the COVID relief package to sabotage Biden’s presidency.”
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 08:21:25 am »

We may as well get used to it. There isn't going to be much "working with the Republican Party". We are going to have to fight the battles we know we can win (like Clinton did) and hope that one day that we can find at least some people willing to come to common ground on the more controversial issues. But let me ask everyone this... Why would you want to compromise on some of those harder to solve "issues"? Battles are one thing but fundamental differences between the two parties in some areas are vast and I don't see any common ground whatsoever. For example - Taxes. I don't believe in "trickledown" because I think it's a farce. It has never proven to be true whatsoever. In fact, I think we have been shown it to be the exact opposite of what the wealthy continue to try to promote. Healthcare - I believe the government should invest in the health and well being of the American people. In the long run I believe it would be cheaper and make our country stronger to have healthy citizens. I also believe that people should have an affordable right to it and an expected privacy regarding it. (even when it comes to the abortion issue). Foreign policy - Trump and many Republicans want to befriend people like Putin, Jong-Un, and Assad and I believe they are murdering criminals of the worst kind and should be dealt with as such. Freedom has to do with lives as much as money.
Military as well as law enforcement budgets - They both have become bloated and yet Republicans continue to believe they should have a blank check. I don't. I believe that when times are tough and for the continued growth and modernization of our country every budget has to stay inline with what's available. In other words, there comes a time to cut the fat but that doesn't mean we have to "defund" everything. Drugs - I don't want to legalize all of them but some should be decriminalized. Doing that with marijuana alone would free up space in our prisons for more hardened criminals like white collar criminals who steal money, pensions, identities, and lives through their absolute corruption. Locking those people up and throwing away the key would go a long way to making the world a better place. I could continue but the point is that there are profound differences between the two parties as they now exist and I don't see many things changing whether Biden is friends with some of them or not. The battles are going to continue and in order to achieve expected and needed changes people need to be vigilante. One of the things I agreed with Bush on is that I believe everyone wants what's best for our country its a matter of how to get there. (well most Americans do anyway. People like the aforementioned criminals above don't).   
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 02:39:59 pm »

let me ask everyone this... Why would you want to compromise on some of those harder to solve "issues"?
Sadly, where we now stand after 4 yrs of con man Trump, is Trump's amplification of Chaos that had started to take place several yrs ago in our nation by our DC leaders. CHAOS that included ppl to suffer and worry about their survival on a daily basis allowed by those who seek mega power at a faster rate. That'll continue on as long as our justice system and law makers turns a blind eye to those at the top most of the time.

So, the question asked by sd can only be answered this way in my opinion. If there isn't ANY relief bill provided immediately, we can look at an increased rate of chaos in the streets, of ppl thrown out into the streets during the heart of Winter, of more starvation, of more sickness and more covid-19 related deaths all that culminates into crime from desperation. The ReTrumplicans will rejoice watching all of this unravel under Biden's watch, but here's my question to you all. Why couldn't Biden declare a national emergency immediately after he's sworn in and write executive order(s) for deeper relief packages backed by the House's blessings (possibly the Senate's blessings as well if 3-4 Repubs have the compassion to agree with such an order to SAVE Americans in the face of pending additional mass death) to hold ppl over until this summer when vaccines and better practices can allow the House and Senate to fight it out over what's needed next. Let the damn ReTrumplicans scream bloody murder that Biden is a dictator! Yeah, a dictator who saves millions of lives when their own dictator allowed this thing to kill and damage lives while playing the most ever golf by a sitting prez and throwing more $$$$$$$$$$ into the hands of millionaires and billionaires. So, go ahead ReTrumplicans, make my day. 
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: