Dezarae's Politics & More
March 29, 2024, 05:56:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thanks For Looking Around. Now Sign Up And Join Us! It's Fast & Easy.If You Decide It's Not For You, Then No Problem..

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Girl Six and The Science of Discworld

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Girl Six and The Science of Discworld  (Read 212 times)
Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« on: December 28, 2020, 12:19:59 pm »

I'm reading Gregg Olsen's Girl Six. It's a murder mystery set in Washington state. Serial killer, pursued by a female detective in the county sheriff's office.

I'm also reading Terry Pratchett's The Science of Discworld. It's not as lively as most of Pratchett's Discworld novels. He's getting all astrophysics-y on us. The Discworld series, if you aren't familiar with it, is a fantasy story line about a world that's a huge disc flying through space on the backs of 4 elephants atop an even bigger turtle, The Great A-tuin. Most of the stories happen in the city of Ankh-Morpork. The place has a university for wizards, a smattering of witches, and a Lady on the edge of town who raises dragons. Not the huge ones, like Smaug or the ones in GOT, these are about the size of horses. These books are quite funny.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: