Dezarae's Politics & More
March 28, 2024, 04:01:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We Welcome Democrats, Republicans and Independents for Discussions.
Many things are not viewable by guests, so sign up today using a valid email address, "from your server". We have a arcade with tons of games and word games etc. for your enjoyment if politics isn't your thing. We try to have something for everyone!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links MusicPlayer Jukebox Emoticons Emoticons2 Staff List Login Register  

Pelosi to Pence: Remove Trump or Democrats will impeach him

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pelosi to Pence: Remove Trump or Democrats will impeach him  (Read 360 times)
A159
Administrator

My Mood: Cautious

Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« on: January 07, 2021, 01:59:19 pm »

mad bat Get um Nancy!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/pence-pelosi-trump-impeachment-b1784118.html
NewsWorldAmericasUS politics
Pelosi to Pence: Remove Trump or Democrats will impeach him

3 minutes ago

(Independent)

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is prepared to move forward with articles of impeachment against Donald Trump if Vice President Mike Pence does not replace him in the coming days through a process laid out in the Constitution’s 25th Amendment.

“I join the Senate Democratic leader in calling on the vice president to remove this president by immediately invoking the 25th amendment,” Ms Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol on Thursday, one day after the building was stormed and ransacked by pro-Trump rioters.

“If the Vice President and cabinet do not act, the Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment. That is the overwhelming sentiment of my caucus.”

Ms Pelosi excoriated Mr Trump as “a very dangerous person who should not continue in office.”
Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 04:33:02 pm »

There's no way they could do an impeachment in the week-and-a-half Trump has left.
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

My Mood: Happy

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 08:41:28 am »

I think it's the threat that counts in this case and I believe it worked. That's why Trump came out and conceded. Plus, they want to set the tone that no more shenanigans better happen like this again or none of these Republicans involved will ever see another day in legitimate politics again.
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

http://dezaraespoliticsmore.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
A159
Administrator

Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 10:39:30 am »

Trump came out (yesterday, was it?) to deliver a scripted message to Americans that included language that came close to him conceding to Biden, but he DIDN'T say 'concede'. He also has stated that he's not resigning. He remains completely defiant to our Democracy.

I've heard some information that the impeachment process could begin in the Senate something like on Jan 21. As long as McConnell receives the impeached documents from the House by Jan 19. We'll see I guess.

Report Spam   Logged

As assistant Admin, I serve to improve this board's existence to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that, at my age, my abilities are slightly fuzzy.
steelydan
Global Moderator

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 07:48:44 am »

I was thinking about this a little more. What really more can Trump do in the next few days to make it worse? First of all, he has to be VERY aware of any criminal activity he takes from here on out. Second, if he attempts anything criminal from here on out it basically would have to be with help from someone on the inside. His political handlers, allies etc. Which, if that happened and the behavior was criminal it would also implicate them and open them up to further criminal charges. That would open them up to prison, restitution, and essentially an end to their political aspirations if they had/have any. So, what could Trump do to really make anything worse than it already is?
Report Spam   Logged

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

Plato Potato
Global Moderator

My Mood: Leary

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 05:41:37 pm »

On one hand, Trump still can pardon all the people who stormed the Capitol. He could also flee to Russia.

On the other hand, even though Pelosi is talking about a hurry-up form of impeachment, Sen. McConnell says if the House impeaches, he will start the Senate trial no earlier than 1 hour after Joe Biden is sworn in. McConnell is a master of stalling, so you know he can do it.
Report Spam   Logged
steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 09:43:23 pm »

Before this is over McConnell just might be fleeing to Russia along with Trump...
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 12:52:06 pm »

I'm sure that fleeing the US will be in the minds of several Trumplicans these next few weeks.

Is there any legal option whatsoever to block Trump's pardons? It just doesn't seem proper for one who is on the verge of being charged with treason being able to pardon those who have already committed or also considering treason.

I was hoping that once impeachment proceedings began, that that alone would suspend Trump's pardoning power until the trial was completed.
Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 01:07:38 pm »

I doubt it but who knows for sure what will happen in the near future... Keep in mind though that Trump can only pardon people of Federal crimes. And, that's assuming he wants to and with Trump I'm not sure we can assume anything anymore...
Report Spam   Logged

A159
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 12:49:56 pm »

We can't assume anything from the radical right either. This insane crap won't end here even tho they'll do their damnedest to convince the Dems that we all should work in unity. Trust me, that's not how radical Repubs operate. Neither do snakes. Even McConnell now wants Trump gone. Sure he does ..... they need to rebuild their GOP after so much damage has been done with hefty tax cuts on the side for the rich bastards. Even Liz Cheney wants Trump impeached. Never thot I'd see the day with her making any good sense. Again, they want Trump behind them so that the rebuild can start, while Biden busts his butt the next 4 yrs to fix all that was broken only to take sucker gut punches from the right. You just watch..... it's coming.

Trump may get impeached during the McConnell Senate trial but that won't stop the rads from doing what they do best. Lie and spin while taking .... not giving. Justice will need to snatch up many of the radical Trump operatives before any chance of normalcy.   
Report Spam   Logged

steelydan
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 08:27:25 pm »

thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: